Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Read-the-Round  >  How to play: Read-the-Round 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author

How to play: Read-the-Round

(Read 15072 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New Rule: Posting Scores « Reply #30 on: January 19, 2008, 03:38 PM »

In future please assume a poll created by a standard user is not something official. Also, if you are going to complain about your vote counting for nothing then please take that up with Neil as you should with any other poll starter.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: New Rule: Posting Scores « Reply #31 on: January 19, 2008, 06:15 PM »

But Yamor doesn't have trusted status.
Correct, but he does point out mistakes. Smile
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: New Rule: Posting Scores « Reply #32 on: January 19, 2008, 10:19 PM »

In future please assume a poll created by a standard user is not something official. Also, if you are going to complain about your vote counting for nothing then please take that up with Neil as you should with any other poll starter.

The only reason I'm complaining about it meaning nothing is because you yourself said within the actual thread that our votes were going to count when you said that 90% and 50% bull****. And then you have gone against that and the majority of the RTR participants. Like I said, you should have said somewhere that our votes in that poll would in now way influence the outcome of your decision. Instead you said they would.

Anyway as with my previous post, how about come clearer indication of who actually is 'trusted'? Why doesn't it say so under our usernames instead of the meaningless 'top seed' or 'veteran' etc so we actually know? Perhaps add it to the forum that when you get to 5000 or 7000 posts or whatever it is then it goes under your name instead. Even you got confused by it saying Yamor could post scores when he apparently isn't 'trusted.'
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New Rule: Posting Scores « Reply #33 on: January 19, 2008, 10:30 PM »

The only reason I'm complaining about it meaning nothing is because you yourself said within the actual thread that our votes were going to count when you said that 90% and 50% bulls**t. And then you have gone against that and the majority of the RTR participants. Like I said, you should have said somewhere that our votes in that poll would in now way influence the outcome of your decision. Instead you said they would.
I said that the poll results have the potential to "influence" the RTR organisers decision... it doesn't have any official affect on the decision. So for example, if 90% hated the idea then the RTR organisers would have to then weigh up their own problems with the fact that public opinion were dead against it. Please refer back to my original post because I was very careful in my wording, I made sure that I used the word "probably" and "may" to try and emphasis that it would never have any direct affect on the poll. But anyway, the polls were fairly even if you consider the fact Yamor coudn't vote Yes and therefore they did not have much influence on the minds of the people making the decision.

But I do admit that me giving the 50%/90% example could have been interpreted as meaning the poll actually directly matters but I hoped that the example would show the absolute opposite and show how the polls have very little relevance. Next time I will be clearer.

you should have said somewhere that our votes in that poll would in now way influence the outcome of your decision. Instead you said they would.
I was trying to say that they had the potential to influence the decision if everyone was against it. But they were not so it didn't really matter.

Anyway as with my previous post, how about come clearer indication of who actually is 'trusted'? Why doesn't it say so under our usernames instead of the meaningless 'top seed' or 'veteran' etc so we actually know?
Sorry that I didn't respond to your point before but I was using my mobile on the move and coudn't really quote posts.

You bring up a good point and I'll see if something can be done.
[ Last edit by Mark January 19, 2008, 10:33 PM ] IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: New Rule: Posting Scores « Reply #34 on: January 19, 2008, 10:34 PM »

I think it did matter. OK it wasn't 100% but it was still 11 pages of debate and 2 thirds of the regular RTR participants minus 1 person who couldn't vote. Anyway no point going on about it anymore.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New Rule: Posting Scores « Reply #35 on: January 19, 2008, 10:35 PM »

OK... so let's say it matters, how does that change anything? It just means the RTR organisers would have to personally bear it in mind when they come to decision but they have no official obligation to do so. So essentially it doesn't necessarily change the outcome.
[ Last edit by Mark January 19, 2008, 10:36 PM ] IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: New Rule: Posting Scores « Reply #36 on: January 19, 2008, 10:38 PM »

Just depends how much you cared about keeping the mere "standard members" happy I suppose.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New Rule: Posting Scores « Reply #37 on: January 19, 2008, 10:40 PM »

Sorry for going on about it but I am so passionate about being democratic and fair when coming to decisions and so I want to strongly defend myself in this situation.

It was wrong of me in posting that example crap because it gave off mixed messages but I always wanted the RTR team to decide because it affected them, not anyone else.

Lessons have been learned anyway.

[ Last edit by Mark January 19, 2008, 10:41 PM ] IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: New Rule: Posting Scores « Reply #38 on: January 19, 2008, 10:56 PM »

Yep, no point going on about it anymore. Smile
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: New Rule: Posting Scores « Reply #39 on: January 22, 2008, 12:29 AM »

After all the stick Neil's been getting, I'd like to thank him publicly for all the scores he's been doing. I for one really find it makes a difference to me!
I'm still quite new, so I can't say I fully understand all the nuances of the relationships he has with some people here, so I'm not the best qualified to judge, but there we are...
Of course, the actual organisers who do virtually all the work deserve a huge thanks, but I thought after all the negative comments, Neil deserved this.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: New Rule: Posting Scores « Reply #40 on: January 22, 2008, 12:34 AM »

After all the stick Neil's been getting, I'd like to thank him publicly for all the scores he's been doing. I for one really find it makes a difference to me!
I'm still quite new, so I can't say I fully understand all the nuances of the relationships he has with some people here, so I'm not the best qualified to judge, but there we are...
Of course, the actual organisers who do virtually all the work deserve a huge thanks, but I thought after all the negative comments, Neil deserved this.

lol Thanks. And don't try and understand... it's been a long time building up lmao

As for the stick, I didn't really mind til recently, it has been slightly more than usual, and yet, I feel I'm being generally nicer lately....... meh, **** happens Very Happy
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: New Rule: Posting Scores « Reply #41 on: January 22, 2008, 08:59 AM »

Yeah, don't feel sorry for him. He's a stirrer. He deserves it! lol

The dynamics of his relationship with the people on here is actually quite simple. He's hit on most of the females and bickered with most of the guys. That's about it really. Couple of years worth of irritation has built up there.

But he his generally helpful I suppose, on occassion...Wink
[ Last edit by ljsmall January 22, 2008, 08:59 AM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New Rule: Posting Scores « Reply #42 on: January 22, 2008, 10:00 AM »

and yet, I feel I'm being generally nicer lately....... meh, sh*t happens Very Happy

You lie.

The dynamics of his relationship with the people on here is actually quite simple. He's hit on most of the females and bickered with most of the guys. That's about it really. Couple of years worth of irritation has built up there.

That's pretty accurate goodjob
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: New Rule: Posting Scores « Reply #43 on: January 22, 2008, 11:29 AM »

You lie.

That's pretty accurate goodjob

I do not lie, contradict me if you can :p

And no, it is not accurate. I've "hit on" 3 girls, being successful twice so there :p
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: New Rule: Posting Scores « Reply #44 on: January 22, 2008, 11:32 AM »

I'm not entirely sure "successful" is the right word to use. But true, I am only an observer from the other side of the world. Wink lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »