Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Read-the-Round  >  How to play: Read-the-Round 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author

How to play: Read-the-Round

(Read 14551 times)
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: How to play: Read-the-Round « Reply #60 on: February 04, 2008, 02:17 AM »

My question still stands, anyway. The reason why i'm asking is because with Alex and Dana i assumed Dana would be higher ranked since she earned more points through the last tournament, but Allan didn't do it like that...

Yeah that's right. Whoever earned more actual points.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: How to play: Read-the-Round « Reply #61 on: February 04, 2008, 08:24 AM »

My question still stands, anyway. The reason why i'm asking is because with Alex and Dana i assumed Dana would be higher ranked since she earned more points through the last tournament, but Allan didn't do it like that...
I went further back to the points distribution of the Sydney tournament.

Can one of the organisers just confirm for me what happens if two or more people are tied at the end of the week
If points are equal at the end of the week they are split by the previous tournament's points distribution. If they are still equal after that, like Alex and Dana were this week, it probably should go to how many points they earned during that tournament.
[ Last edit by Mark February 04, 2008, 09:21 AM ] IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: How to play: Read-the-Round « Reply #62 on: February 04, 2008, 09:23 AM »

So why don't you do it like that?
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: How to play: Read-the-Round « Reply #63 on: February 04, 2008, 10:05 AM »

Well, I thought that a bit unfair actually. If I did better last week...
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: How to play: Read-the-Round « Reply #64 on: February 04, 2008, 11:40 AM »

But surely you didn't do better if you also got 0 points? It's always been based on final points allocaction for the week hasn't it?
Another decision for the organisers I guess.
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: How to play: Read-the-Round « Reply #65 on: February 04, 2008, 11:45 AM »

She did do better then you over last weeks tournament, just there happened to be 8 other people who did even better, so you both ended up with zero points at the end of the day. Why should it affect anything that other people did better then both of you last week?
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: How to play: Read-the-Round « Reply #66 on: February 04, 2008, 11:55 AM »

Well because the decision has always been based on who got more end of week points as in the points that go towards the yearly leaderboard, not the points within the tournament if that makes sense. In this case we both got 0 last week. By the way it has always been decided, she didn't do better, she did the same as me - 0 points.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: How to play: Read-the-Round « Reply #67 on: February 04, 2008, 04:31 PM »

Well because the decision has always been based on who got more end of week points as in the points that go towards the yearly leaderboard, not the points within the tournament if that makes sense. In this case we both got 0 last week. By the way it has always been decided, she didn't do better, she did the same as me - 0 points.

I had no idea that was the way it always was! It should OBVIOUSLY (and i make no apologies for assuming this) be whoever scored the most points over the whole week in the last tournament, regardless of whether or not they made points counting towards the end of year totals or not.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: How to play: Read-the-Round « Reply #68 on: February 04, 2008, 04:32 PM »

I mean it's not hard to check as final points distribution will always appear on the same or previous page as the final points scored in the last matchday thread....
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: How to play: Read-the-Round « Reply #69 on: February 04, 2008, 04:39 PM »

I agree
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: How to play: Read-the-Round « Reply #70 on: February 04, 2008, 07:09 PM »

By the way it has always been decided, she didn't do better, she did the same as me - 0 points.

I see where you're coming from, but as Yamor said, I did do better actually. I predicted more matches right than you.

Anyway, it's just one stupid point.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: How to play: Read-the-Round « Reply #71 on: February 04, 2008, 08:49 PM »

Yeah I would argue it more but as it's only 1 point and we are both already out of the competition this year because of the 0 last week anyway, I can't really be bothered. The organisers need to decide a ruling on this.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: How to play: Read-the-Round « Reply #72 on: February 04, 2008, 08:58 PM »

The organisers need to decide a ruling on this.
Good posting!
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: How to play: Read-the-Round « Reply #73 on: February 04, 2008, 11:19 PM »

Yeah I would argue it more but as it's only 1 point and we are both already out of the competition this year because of the 0 last week anyway, I can't really be bothered. The organisers need to decide a ruling on this.

Erm... how are you out? There's Loads of tournaments to go....
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: How to play: Read-the-Round « Reply #74 on: February 05, 2008, 03:17 AM »

Yes but look how far behind I am because of getting 0 while you all got double points last week? There may be loads to go but I need to start coming in the top 2 in most of them up to and including the next grand slam and also need you and all the others up the top to have consistent poor weeks to come anywhere. Very unlikely to catch up 26 (or 27 when I probably have 1 point from this week taken off and given to Dana) points unles some of you miss some tournaments or start getting 1s and 0s.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »