8th   ChrisMac   327
9th   Aileen   207
10th   deb   130
11th   LIBANY   113
12th   Tonedial   81
13th   JamesW98   46

Well done to Matthew on your victory.
[ Last edit by laundry July 12, 2015, 06:08 PM ] IP Logged

What a complete fall from grace after a commanding start to the tournament.

Congratulations to Matthew.
IP Logged

Same for me connor, went very bad at the end :/ Frown
IP Logged

This system is quite weird, because it seems playing it safe works out, but there is never enough points to cover a lead on offer.  So you are almost forced to play it ambitious in order to get the lead, which never works out all the time and is extremely risky and doesn't ask for much consistency. Rather like a real tennis match.
IP Logged

Laundry,

I've added a calendar section to the RTR spreadsheet with all the events (ATP 500, 100 and Grand Slam level) listed. I've then put who is the champion at each of those events just for future reference, and also so we can keep track throughout the entire calendar year.
IP Logged

Really enjoy playing this, so tough deciding on strategy. Once I got the lead I tried to play safe in the main with a few risky picks built in as well, as Connor said it is just like a tennis match with the lack of consistency which makes the game so fun to play.

Thanks to Laundry for your continued great management of the game, and I can't wait for the next tournament! Very Happy
IP Logged

Agreed Matthew,

This new format has added an extra spice and competitiveness to what was a simple game once before. I like it this way.
IP Logged

I agree the format has worked well and has been more fun.

However I did express my concerns after Queens over using this format with anything other than slams because of the shorter time period. I unfortunately don't plan on organizing any tournaments other than the slams and WTF (which I might come up with something a bit different for). It's therefore going to be up to other people to run the tournaments if they want to play in-between slams.

I personally would advise switching to a different scoring system for the other tournaments. But I guess it should really be decided by the people who are going to be organizing it, because ultimately they are the ones that will be putting the work in. However if anybody wants a new spreadsheet to help make the scoring easier than I'll be happy to assist.
IP Logged

I agree the format has worked well and has been more fun.

However I did express my concerns after Queens over using this format with anything other than slams because of the shorter time period. I unfortunately don't plan on organizing any tournaments other than the slams and WTF (which I might come up with something a bit different for). It's therefore going to be up to other people to run the tournaments if they want to play in-between slams.

I personally would advise switching to a different scoring system for the other tournaments. But I guess it should really be decided by the people who are going to be organizing it, because ultimately they are the ones that will be putting the work in. However if anybody wants a new spreadsheet to help make the scoring easier than I'll be happy to assist.

The reason Queens had problems was because of the rain and inability to play late into the night at Queens which disrupted the scheduling. How nearly all other tournaments, especially the bigger tournaments left in the season have lights which enable them to play for as long as needed and are much less affected by bad weather meaning less scheduling disruptions.

I will happily help to organize the Montreal and Cincy Masters events, as I think only doing the Slams and WTF is not enough events for such an enjoyable game. I'm not sure whether we should do the 500's or not, what does everyone else think? I will not be able to organise Washington as I will be on holiday in the US at the time.

I personally think the spreadsheet is pretty easy to run and makes the management of the tournaments quite easy to do. I also don't think the scoring system is that complicated either but it will be interesting to see what everyone else thinks about the matter, as I believe the game is quite fun the way it is. If we can get a few people willing to help manage tournaments then hopefully we will be able to put on a sufficient amount of tournaments, especially the Masters in addition to the Slams and WTF.
IP Logged

Well I will leave things in your capable hands matthew and hopefully some other willing volunteers, if things aren't running smoothly you can always ask for more help or change the way things are running. I will probably still be joining in the guesses for some tournaments though so it's not like I'm leaving or anything Smile

I just dont have the time to commit myself to organizing things all the time.
IP Logged

I'll help organise here and there when I can.
IP Logged

Congrats to Matthew well done!  clap clap trophy
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Reply