Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Read-the-Round  >  Miami: Matchday 6 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Reply
Author

Miami: Matchday 6

(Read 685 times)
TCK
Challenger Level

A Miserable Little Pile Of BULL ****!

Re: Miami: Matchday 6 « Reply #30 on: March 31, 2009, 08:09 AM »

Yeah, if nothing else rules do need to be clarified.  It'd also be appreciated if people could post the thread before the OOP is released when all the matches can be anticipated, such as in the earlier rounds that are split into two days.
IP Logged
Torin
Futures Level

Re: Miami: Matchday 6 « Reply #31 on: March 31, 2009, 08:26 AM »

The rule needs to be rewritten though - it's not clear enough.
I'd certainly agree with that. For one thing, as I interpret the current rule it's almost impossible to have a legitimate round if the OOP is posted 9 hours and 1 minute before play starts. Also, it's not reasonable to expect a thread to be made at 4am if that's when the OOP is released.

Of course, it's often possible to know which matches will be played prior to the OOP being released. It's also possible, if the OOP is released late, to pick later matches and to extend the deadline until just before the first match starts.

Yamor - I think the OOP is normally released quite a bit more than 9 hours before play starts. I've had a look at it before going to bed most days this tournament, and I don't stay up all night.

I also want to be clear that I'm definitely not criticising anyone here, I think the team do a fantastic job. I'd just like to get clarity around this issue as it does affect those of us who can't post during work hours.
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: Miami: Matchday 6 « Reply #32 on: March 31, 2009, 09:39 AM »

Yeah,  that's what I meant. It's never not released before 9 hours! That's why I think the rule means a case when it's released in the middle of the night.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami: Matchday 6 « Reply #33 on: March 31, 2009, 10:22 AM »

Can someone here rewrite the rule please and I'll change it in the 'How to' thread.
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: Miami: Matchday 6 « Reply #34 on: March 31, 2009, 10:36 AM »

How about:

2) Matchday threads only count when they are posted at least 9 hours before the deadline. This rule does not apply in exceptional circumstances, for example if the OOP is released late or by night, and in such a case the decision to post up the match thread is left at the discretion of the staff.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami: Matchday 6 « Reply #35 on: March 31, 2009, 10:41 AM »

Yes that good, slight revision.

2) Matchday threads only count when they are posted at least 9 hours before the deadline. This rule does not apply in exceptional circumstances, for example if the OOP is released late or by night, and in such a case the decision to post up the match thread is left at the discretion of the staff.

2) Matchday threads only count when they are posted at least 9 hours before the deadline. This rule does not apply in exceptional circumstances, for example if the OOP is released late or by night, and in such a case the decision as to whether the match thread counts is left at the discretion of the staff.
IP Logged
TCK
Challenger Level

Re: Miami: Matchday 6 « Reply #36 on: March 31, 2009, 07:50 PM »

Now that the thread posting rule is clarified, how about we clarify whether Josh's prediction is valid?  I'm getting mixed signals here, and if I'm going to update the results it'd help if I knew whose predictions counted.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami: Matchday 6 « Reply #37 on: March 31, 2009, 08:10 PM »

If he posted after the deadline then it is not counted.
IP Logged
TCK
Challenger Level

Re: Miami: Matchday 6 « Reply #38 on: March 31, 2009, 08:16 PM »

Okay then.  On another note I think I may have worked out why Yamor didn't want the day to be cancelled - he had a whopper of a day!

Results:
Ferrer bt Cilic in 3
Murray bt Massu in 2
Wawrinka bt Andreev in 3
Stepanek bt Gonzalez in 2
Verdasco bt Lopez in 3

Current Standings (now with extra columns!):

* Miami Day 6.png (75.14 KB, 847x358 - viewed 118 times.)
IP Logged
Torin
Futures Level

Re: Miami: Matchday 6 « Reply #39 on: March 31, 2009, 08:17 PM »

I approve of the new rule, BTW. goodjob
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »