MurraysWorld  >  Playground  >  Read-the-Round  >  New Haven: Matchday 2
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Reply

New Haven: Matchday 2

Sorry ignore my last post. I think I misunderstoof what you said  Wink

When you say overall winner, do you mean for the month?  Think
IP Logged

That's what we are doing aren't we?
I just meant it would also be good to have a leaderboard for who has won each individual weekly tournament in addition to that. Also keeping note of it can be a way to distinguish between 2 people on equal points. Say You and me are both on 20 points, but I won New Haven, and you haven't finished top of a weekly game, then I am declared as being ahead of you. That's all I meant. The main game is the overall points leaderboard as I understand it.
IP Logged

Heh, didn't see your ignore message.
I dunno what the overall winner is, whenever the game finishes. End of the year is it?
IP Logged

Fish in 3
Gimelstob in 3
Benneteau in 2
Querrey in 3
Mirnyi in 2

Blake def. Baghdatis in 3
IP Logged

Heh, didn't see your ignore message.
I dunno what the overall winner is, whenever the game finishes. End of the year is it?

End of the year but I think I know what you mean with regards to working out who the winner is and I agree.

Maybe a year too long though?
IP Logged

my predictions

Mardy Fish in 2
Justin Gimelstob in 3
Julien Benneteau in 2
Sam Querrey  in 3
Max Mirnyi  in 2

final winner -  Blake
IP Logged

Instead of having to keep track of a million points, perhaps you could use a sort of "Formula One points system"
As in at the end of the month, give x points to person who is top, x-1 points to 2nd etc for the first say 6 people or something. And that's how you accumulate points to the year long table.
Just a thought.
Would give people who have to miss out whole tournaments cos they are on holiday or during exam times or for whatever reason, a chance to stay in the game, rather than missing 1 week and everyone gains 25 points on them or something.
IP Logged

Instead of having to keep track of a million points, perhaps you could use a sort of "Formula One points system"
As in at the end of the month, give x points to person who is top, x-1 points to 2nd etc for the first say 6 people or something. And that's how you accumulate points to the year long table.
Just a thought.
Would give people who have to miss out whole tournaments cos they are on holiday or during exam times or for whatever reason, a chance to stay in the game, rather than missing 1 week and everyone gains 25 points on them or something.

Yeah I like the idea of that. Arka, Andrew: will that be OK for you to calculate??
IP Logged
arka

I don't mind. Smile
IP Logged

It's gotta be easier than keeping track of 25 points here, 23 there....
I would suggest maybe 6 points to the winner of the month (or week), 5 to 2nd......1 to 6th.
It's up to you whether you would do it for the weekly tournaments or monthly. Dunno which I'd suggest.
IP Logged

monthly would be better because it wouldnt be a huge points jump every week if the same people were finishing there all the time...
IP Logged

Mardy Fish in 3

Gilles Simon in 2

Julien Benneteau in 3

Sam Querrey in 2

Max Mirnyi in 3

final: greg beat querrey in 2

IP Logged

final winner -  Blake

If you want to benefit from maximum bonus points then you should give the player Blake will defeat and in the number sets.
IP Logged

Am i in time. i started picks about a hour and a half ago, but then went out and forgot to post them.
IP Logged

If you want to benefit from maximum bonus points then you should give the player Blake will defeat and in the number sets.

o ok lol... i will have a look now

Blake V Baggy in 2
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Reply