Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Monday, LIVE - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Read-the-Round  >  New Haven: Matchday 4 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

New Haven: Matchday 4

(Read 5019 times)
Scottie
World No 1

Re: New Haven: Matchday 4 « Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 05:28 PM »

rulez   Wink
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: New Haven: Matchday 4 « Reply #16 on: August 23, 2006, 05:44 PM »

Chela won in straight sets. Ohh well, 1 point is better than 0. And thats 1 down 1 to go in the list of possible Andy overtakers!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New Haven: Matchday 4 « Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006, 05:47 PM »

Hmm, I knew I was taking a gamble with Paradon but looking at what other people who are right behind me chose for the Chela match I'm just about safe for now...
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: New Haven: Matchday 4 « Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 05:51 PM »

Well, Davydenko looks like he's about to close out the match with paradorn!
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: New Haven: Matchday 4 « Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 05:55 PM »

I was just thinking that if there are people who cannot post for some reason. For example those who are at work or school, then they will have no chance of keeping up with the guys who post every day. Is this going to be your top 18 tournaments make up your yearly score like the ATP? Or is that too complicated!
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: New Haven: Matchday 4 « Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 05:56 PM »

Davydenko won in straight sets as well. Damn another 1 pointer!
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: New Haven: Matchday 4 « Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 06:00 PM »

I was just thinking that if there are people who cannot post for some reason. For example those who are at work or school, then they will have no chance of keeping up with the guys who post every day. Is this going to be your top 18 tournaments make up your yearly score like the ATP? Or is that too complicated!

Mark - i think this one should be added to the rules  to avoid confusion. Wink

We've discussed what you've pointed out up there and it's a good point, but we're going to do this a bit like Formula 1. At the end of the week the people with the highest amount of points will be awarded these points for their place after one week:

1st - 10 points
2nd - 8 points
3rd - 6 points
4th - 5 points
5th - 4 points
6th - 3 points
7th - 2 points
8th - 1 points

This means that if you have 30 points after one week and come first you will be awarded 10 points. If you have for example 29 points after the week and you come 2nd out of everyone you get the 8 points (as shown above). That means that there is more chance of people who have missed a day or even a week to catch up. Questions? Very Happy Hope i made it but more clearer.  hug
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: New Haven: Matchday 4 « Reply #22 on: August 23, 2006, 06:02 PM »

Davydenko won in straight sets as well. Damn another 1 pointer!

woohoo 2 points. But i got 0 in the last one so...  Think
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New Haven: Matchday 4 « Reply #23 on: August 23, 2006, 06:06 PM »

Mark - i think this one should be added to the rules  to avoid confusion. Wink

We've discussed what you've pointed out up there and it's a good point, but we're going to do this a bit like Formula 1. At the end of the week the people with the highest amount of points will be awarded these points for their place after one week:

1st - 10 points
2nd - 8 points
3rd - 6 points
4th - 5 points
5th - 4 points
6th - 3 points
7th - 2 points
8th - 1 points

This means that if you have 30 points after one week and come first you will be awarded 10 points. If you have for example 29 points after the week and you come 2nd out of everyone you get the 8 points (as shown above). That means that there is more chance of people who have missed a day or even a week to catch up. Questions? Very Happy Hope i made it but more clearer.  hug

Can you add it to the instructions thread - you probably understand it better than me.
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: New Haven: Matchday 4 « Reply #24 on: August 23, 2006, 06:29 PM »

Yeah I understood that part, but some people will play every tournament, whilst others will have work/school commitments, and be unable to play as much! Also if they go on holiday for 2 weeks, they could lose upto 20 points on the others! 

Just an idea, but we could make all GS and MS mandatory and count your best 6 or so ATP's. Just like the real thing. I mean we're following tennis not F1! So why not use their rules!

Sorry if there has already been a discussion on this. I must of missed it!
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: New Haven: Matchday 4 « Reply #25 on: August 23, 2006, 06:35 PM »

Can you add it to the instructions thread - you probably understand it better than me.

Yea it's done. Wink

Yeah I understood that part, but some people will play every tournament, whilst others will have work/school commitments, and be unable to play as much! Also if they go on holiday for 2 weeks, they could lose upto 20 points on the others! 

Just an idea, but we could make all GS and MS mandatory and count your best 6 or so ATP's. Just like the real thing. I mean we're following tennis not F1! So why not use their rules!

Sorry if there has already been a discussion on this. I must of missed it!

Well we thought about counting up the points on a monthly basis instead of weekly - so the top 8 people after the month will get the same points respectively. But the competition would go much slower since we would only get a change to the leader board every month.

We're not going by F1 rules, it's just a way of awarding the points - we could have done top 10 people get points etc.

Concerning if people are away - everyone has their commitments so at the end of the day it will probably be mostly even.

Suggestions are always welcome so don't worry. Wink
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: New Haven: Matchday 4 « Reply #26 on: August 23, 2006, 06:41 PM »

Good explanation Julia. Smile

I agree- work and other commitments are going to affect the standings, which is kind of unfair.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: New Haven: Matchday 4 « Reply #27 on: August 23, 2006, 06:51 PM »

Chela won in straight sets.  shocking

Verdasco a set and a break down. Frown
[ Last edit by Sir Panda August 23, 2006, 06:53 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New Haven: Matchday 4 « Reply #28 on: August 23, 2006, 06:53 PM »

I'm scared that I will be knocked off my throne Frown
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: New Haven: Matchday 4 « Reply #29 on: August 23, 2006, 06:55 PM »

Don't worry Mark. No-one predicted Melzer but Rochus is winning so it's been an awful day so far for me. Frown
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »