Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Read-the-Round  >  New Rules, 2009 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Reply
Author

New Rules, 2009

(Read 3182 times)
Sunniii
Futures Level

Rocket Ronnie- LEGEND

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #75 on: January 22, 2009, 02:41 PM »

Official and unofficial need to be completely separate, that seems the most fair way of doing this.

Unofficial can be created and calculated by anyone for tournaments that are not officially covered. Official tournaments and scores will never mention anything from the unofficial side of things.

That is no problem, if this happens the unofficial will not interfere with the official RTR.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #76 on: January 22, 2009, 02:42 PM »

Yes good Smile

We can consider changes to the official format at the end of the RTR season where a poll can take place.
IP Logged
Sunniii
Futures Level

Rocket Ronnie- LEGEND

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #77 on: January 22, 2009, 02:44 PM »

Yes good Smile

We can consider changes to the official format at the end of the RTR season, all suggestions will be voted on.

Ok, you are quite welcome to pick and choose some events to play in the unofficial format, thats what it is there for.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #78 on: January 22, 2009, 02:49 PM »

Just a quick announcement while this topic is active... As of today, there is no longer any official RTR organisers as the competition seems to be working fine with non-staff running it. If there is ever a conflict then staff will intervene.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #79 on: January 22, 2009, 06:29 PM »

On the above post, why should anything be "official" and "unofficial".

You could easily run one tournament every week of the calendar (save for davis cup weeks say) and as long as you have a minimum entry of say, 10, the tournament should count. Best 18 is the way to go so people on holiday etc don't lose ground unfairly.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #80 on: January 22, 2009, 07:37 PM »

Unofficial because we are not going to change the format that everyone voted for. We must fulfill what that vote stands for and then if you want the format changed, do another poll for 2010 season. Until that format is changed, anything that is not part of it must be unofficial.
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #81 on: January 22, 2009, 07:38 PM »

"Forfill" lol
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #82 on: January 22, 2009, 07:39 PM »

Too quick, Mark...
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #83 on: January 22, 2009, 07:39 PM »

Have you not learnt yet that I check my posts after I post them? lol
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #84 on: January 22, 2009, 07:40 PM »

Yeah, but the mistake you made is still interesting. Shows how you pronounce words!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #85 on: January 22, 2009, 07:41 PM »

I'm half dyslexic apparently, maybe that has something to do with it! lmao
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #86 on: January 22, 2009, 07:43 PM »

I thought it was probably because that's how you (wrongly) pronounce 'fulfill'...
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #87 on: January 22, 2009, 10:29 PM »

Unofficial because we are not going to change the format that everyone voted for. We must fulfill what that vote stands for and then if you want the format changed, do another poll for 2010 season. Until that format is changed, anything that is not part of it must be unofficial.

Things change. Jeez. There's new people and a lot seem interested.

I don't think the main issue is with the number of tournaments, it's with the scoring (ie every tourney counts) because this means people lose out. Not think?

I think when the vote was done this was never taken into account, it was just assumed they would all count. With this new format, you still have people potentially missing tourneys and therefore missing out on points and giving up on competition near the end of the year.

With a best "18" (or even best 15/12/10) that shouldn't be a problem for people missing the odd 500 or 1000.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #88 on: January 22, 2009, 10:48 PM »

Things change. Jeez. There's new people and a lot seem interested.

And why do you think a lot of people are interested? Because they find the new format appealing as everyone can play without spending too much of their free time up. Also bear in mind the large number of entries is also because Yamor's idea of a mass PM was succesful.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #89 on: January 22, 2009, 10:50 PM »

And why do you think a lot of people are interested? Because of the new format and because Yamor's idea of a mass PM was succesful.

Totally disagree with the new format part. That's a lie and a half. It applies for like 3 or 4 people who say that's the only reason they are playing. There's far more new people which can be attributed to the mass PM I assume.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »