Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Read-the-Round  >  New Rules, 2009 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Reply
Author

New Rules, 2009

(Read 3199 times)
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #90 on: January 22, 2009, 10:52 PM »

Too slow on the edit that time :P

And free time? To post when you come online? If you miss and day or two in a tournament, ok sure, u might get no points, but that's what the best "x" tournaments is for.  Rolling Eyes

I don't understand what's so complicated. You are sooooo reluctant to change for anything it's unreal. lol
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #91 on: January 22, 2009, 10:52 PM »

Can we continue this discussion in the other thread otherwise it's a bit annoying.

http://www.murraysworld.com/talk/read-the-round/who-wants-to-play-rtr-on-a-more-regualr-basis-poll/
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #92 on: March 18, 2009, 09:26 AM »

I propose that the edit restriction for this board is lifted as an edit notification is put in a person's post when they edit.

Pros: People can edit their predictions before the deadline.

Cons: The edit notification for this forum has a 3 minute grace period. This means that if the deadline is 5PM, you can post at 5PM and still edit your predictions up to 3 minutes after the deadline without the forum forcing a notification in your post.

Thoughts?
IP Logged
charlienomad
Seed

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #93 on: March 18, 2009, 09:30 AM »

I propose that the edit restriction for this board is lifted as an edit notification is put in a person's post when they edit.

Pros: People can edit their predictions before the deadline.

Cons: The edit notification for this forum has a 3 minute grace period. This means that if the deadline is 5PM, you can post at 5PM and still edit your predictions up to 3 minutes after the deadline without the forum forcing a notification in your post.

Thoughts?

I can't imagine anything is going to happen in the first three minutes of a match which would change someone's prediction...  Also - it is just a game Very Happy (Unless I win - in which case it is deadly serious)
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #94 on: March 18, 2009, 09:31 AM »

Yes and the match wouldn't have started 3 minutes after the deadline anyway, they probably wouldn't be on court by that time, right? search me
IP Logged
charlienomad
Seed

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #95 on: March 18, 2009, 09:54 AM »

Yes and the match wouldn't have started 3 minutes after the deadline anyway, they probably wouldn't be on court by that time, right? search me
You speak the truth, Brother Mark...

On another topic - I still think we should have a prize for the champion at the end of the year.  Something silly but specific to MW.

I suggest:

A lock of Mark's beautiful hair
A sample of Clydey's vitriolic bile
The dregs of one of Elly or Annie's bottles of wine
A signed photo of Amy in fancy dress
One of Fuzzy's balls

Any other suggestions? Think

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #96 on: March 18, 2009, 09:57 AM »

Either Clydey's bile about a subject the prize winner hates or Amy in a fancy dress with the prize winner choosing what is worn.
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #97 on: March 18, 2009, 07:26 PM »

I am happy with Mark's new rules Smile.  The only thing I would like to request is that RTR is posted >= 1 day before the match starts as I don't get home till after the deadline time.  Thanks.
IP Logged
TCK
Challenger Level

A Miserable Little Pile Of BULL ****!

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #98 on: March 18, 2009, 07:44 PM »

The only problem with that is that in some cases there will be some cases where the matchups will only be known less than 24 hours before start of play.  Usually these are near the end of the week where there's only a few matches left so if nothing else I'd advocate a soon as possible approach, ie. whoever's about can post the thread as soon as OOP is known.
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #99 on: March 18, 2009, 09:23 PM »

Hear hear. As soon as possible would be great. Thanks.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: New Rules, 2009 « Reply #100 on: March 18, 2009, 09:25 PM »

The edit restriction has now been lifted.

When working out the scores, please now pay attention to the edit notices that show on posts.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »