Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Read-the-Round  >  RTR Indian Wells 11/03/13 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Reply
Author

RTR Indian Wells 11/03/13

(Read 1081 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: RTR Indian Wells 11/03/13 « Reply #30 on: March 11, 2013, 07:47 PM »

It is a rule but I'm normally flexible as I keep an eye on things and make sure that no advantage is gained by posting or editing late, and nobody has complained or argued about it yet. However if any of the players want a rule to be enforced then I will do, since it is a rule after-all; and you appear to be requesting a strict deadline now blueberry so I will adhere to that from this day onwards.

So to confirm: all entries posted after the allocated deadline will not be counter and all posts that have been edited after the deadline will be disqualified.

On another note: damn you Anderson winning in 2! Very bad result for me Frown

Laundry your doing a brilliant job and all, but the opinion of one user should not change the rulebooks or enforce the rulebook straight away. Deadlines can be difficult things to keep up with if there are more things to be doing. Perhaps a slight leniency in the deadline time of say half an hour extra would help a few users. 
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: RTR Indian Wells 11/03/13 « Reply #31 on: March 11, 2013, 07:49 PM »

Laundry your doing a brilliant job and all, but the opinion of one user should not change the rulebooks or enforce the rulebook straight away. Deadlines can be difficult things to keep up with if there are more things to be doing. Perhaps a slight leniency in the deadline time of say half an hour extra would help a few users.  
Well it is in the rules at the moment. If you guys think the rules are not good then we can discuss changing them and having a set plan for late entries.
[ Last edit by laundry March 11, 2013, 07:54 PM ] IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: RTR Indian Wells 11/03/13 « Reply #32 on: March 11, 2013, 07:53 PM »

Predictions posted before first game starts are accepted....simple.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: RTR Indian Wells 11/03/13 « Reply #33 on: March 11, 2013, 07:54 PM »

That's a stance I like to take, but a problem is I might not always be around when the matches are starting so people may post or edit after one has started without me knowing. For example today, I would have actually completely missed that the Anderson match had even started had Sid not brought it up.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: RTR Indian Wells 11/03/13 « Reply #34 on: March 11, 2013, 07:55 PM »

That's a stance I like to take, but a problem is I might not always be around when the matches are starting so people may post or edit after one has started without me knowing.
They are only cheating themselves so be it.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: RTR Indian Wells 11/03/13 « Reply #35 on: March 11, 2013, 08:00 PM »

What about in this case where TheMadHatter has wanted to post after the Anderson match has started but only the predictions of the matches that haven't started?
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: RTR Indian Wells 11/03/13 « Reply #36 on: March 11, 2013, 08:07 PM »

What about in this case where TheMadHatter has wanted to post after the Anderson match has started but only the predictions of the matches that haven't started?
Good point.......can't see where theirs an advantage and you might get more people taking part.....something to think about.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: RTR Indian Wells 11/03/13 « Reply #37 on: March 11, 2013, 08:09 PM »

OK since there's some discrepancy I will take a poll on it to see where the general view lies.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: RTR Indian Wells 11/03/13 « Reply #38 on: March 11, 2013, 09:33 PM »

I was under the impression we agreed during Melbourne that any predictions after the deadline but before the matches had started were acceptable.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: RTR Indian Wells 11/03/13 « Reply #39 on: March 11, 2013, 10:15 PM »

:I see we're having another RTR rules debate and I guess I'm at least partly responsible for that.  I've read the other posts and had a wee think about it and reached these conclusions :

It's only a game but, if you're going to play a game, you may as well play to the rules - otherwise what's the point ?

It has to be the responsibility of players to check,and meet, the deadline - otherwise we are asking the guys who run RTR to check all the individual start times against each entry - too much I think.

As one of the interested parties, I leave the validity of tonight's late posts to be decided by the MW community at large.

Pleeeze be gentle with me ! Shrug pray

IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: RTR Indian Wells 11/03/13 « Reply #40 on: March 11, 2013, 10:22 PM »

It's only a game but, if you're going to play a game, you may as well play to the rules - otherwise what's the point ?
I definitely agree with playing by the rules, which is why I'm now trying to get the rules straight for what people want.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: RTR Indian Wells 11/03/13 « Reply #41 on: March 11, 2013, 10:30 PM »

I definitely agree with playing by the rules, which is why I'm now trying to get the rules straight for what people want.

Laundry as a fellow organiser, perhaps us two could liase with Hazel to perhaps create a new and enforced rule book.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: RTR Indian Wells 11/03/13 « Reply #42 on: March 11, 2013, 10:32 PM »

Laundry as a fellow organiser, perhaps us two could liase with Hazel to perhaps create a new and enforced rule book.

Speaking to all the fellow organisers on the deadline aspect and that it the decision on that was going to be opened up to poll might of been an idea instead to catching the other 3 organisers on the hop Smile
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: RTR Indian Wells 11/03/13 « Reply #43 on: March 11, 2013, 11:46 PM »

Sorry TheMadHatter but it looks like a decision has been made by the higher powers to stick completely to the deadlines from now on, which is what we will be doing. Any posts made after the deadline or any posts edited after the deadline for any reason will not count.
[ Last edit by laundry March 11, 2013, 11:50 PM ] IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: RTR Indian Wells 11/03/13 « Reply #44 on: March 11, 2013, 11:49 PM »

Sorry TheMadHatter but it looks like a decision has been made to stick completely to the deadlines from now on, which is what we will be doing. Any posts made after the deadline or any posts edited after the deadline for any reason will not count.

Seconded! Right now bed wave
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »