Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Read-the-Round  >  RTR Miami 22/03/13 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Reply
Author

RTR Miami 22/03/13

(Read 1381 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: RTR Miami 22/03/13 « Reply #30 on: March 22, 2013, 06:39 PM »

If the rules have been the same since the beginning it shows that Hazel nor the other founders are willing to compromise.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: RTR Miami 22/03/13 « Reply #31 on: March 22, 2013, 07:10 PM »

ooh controversy !  On the face of it, it does seem fair that a w/o match is deemed void for RTR - this affects all players evenly, but the banker option presents a difficulty. I think it is unfair for players to lose the banking opportunity in these circumstances - a double whammy.

For general consideration :

Would it be possible, in the event of a rtr player's bank selection being void ( w/o), for the banker to be automatically moved to the next match in the list of predictions ?  It's not perfect, but it helps to prevent the other players gaining what seems to me, an unfair advantage.

ps I'm aware that I had picked Ferrer as my banker so I do have a vested interest, but I'm more interested in a fair game for everybody.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: RTR Miami 22/03/13 « Reply #32 on: March 22, 2013, 07:20 PM »

6) In case either of the two players retire due to injury, that particular match will NOT count.

From the rules. It seems most of you have lost your 6 points. Sorry.
So we're all in the same boat then?  If that's the case does it really matter?

Anyway Llodra's just been knocked out by Fognini, 6-4, 6-1.  I think a few voted for a win here, myself included, but didn't bank him.
[ Last edit by Aileen March 22, 2013, 07:24 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: RTR Miami 22/03/13 « Reply #33 on: March 22, 2013, 07:23 PM »

People being more competitive than me? Surely there's an error here.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: RTR Miami 22/03/13 « Reply #34 on: March 22, 2013, 07:25 PM »

Self love
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: RTR Miami 22/03/13 « Reply #35 on: March 22, 2013, 09:35 PM »

Haas in 3
Hewitt in 3
Blake in 3 BANK
Ferrer in 2
Fognini in 2

cmon yeah

Shoulda had a bit more faith in king blake tho
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: RTR Miami 22/03/13 « Reply #36 on: March 22, 2013, 09:56 PM »

I was going to extend the deadline to 6-8pm, but Hazel sent me a red lettered PM (probably my blood) saying the deadline must be 4pm, so sorry guys.

Due to the matches that you put up for prediction then it was necessary to have it at that time.

This is a daft rule. It counts as a win for Ferrer, so it should count as a win for those of us who backed him.
I was saying it should just count as a 2 set win as well. I mean it counts like that in betting. But Hazel didn't want that so I said just do the points with bankers at least as a compromise.

If the rules have been the same since the beginning it shows that Hazel nor the other founders are willing to compromise.

I didn't come up with the rules I just agree that they're fair as you can't guarantee which way a match will go.
 I say we follow the rules as they stand but if the other organisers don't agree with the current rule then we can discuss it. Just making it clear that I do not run rtr as my own little dictatorship, there is a team and I will go the the majority vote. Just making sure I say that publically since half the comments by organisers/ex organiisers seem to be outlining me as the bad guy of is against them in this.

IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: RTR Miami 22/03/13 « Reply #37 on: March 22, 2013, 09:59 PM »

Stop complaining gangsta you clown.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: RTR Miami 22/03/13 « Reply #38 on: March 22, 2013, 10:00 PM »

^^Thought Laundry brought this up ....had a vote ....Mark intervened ....hey, guess what?
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: RTR Miami 22/03/13 « Reply #39 on: March 22, 2013, 10:04 PM »

There was never a vote on it, just me and Hazel discussed it. Also the idea of counting the bankers still wasn't actually discussed at all, I just proposed it and nobody responded.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: RTR Miami 22/03/13 « Reply #40 on: March 22, 2013, 10:07 PM »

Stop complaining gangsta you clown.

Prodigy, hows things?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: RTR Miami 22/03/13 « Reply #41 on: March 22, 2013, 10:08 PM »

Prodigy, hows things?

Good. I see I will have a sort of clean sweep if Hewitt wins in 3, shame I did not have more faith in the legendary James Blake winning in 2
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: RTR Miami 22/03/13 « Reply #42 on: March 22, 2013, 10:09 PM »

Good. I see I will have a sort of clean sweep if Hewitt wins in 3, shame I did not have more faith in the legendary James Blake winning in 2

Glad to hear it. What was with the clown fiasco earlier?
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: RTR Miami 22/03/13 « Reply #43 on: March 22, 2013, 10:10 PM »

I just believe that the rule is fair. Yes for the most part we can fairly accurately guess who is expected to win a match but there are the times when it just doesn't play out that way. After all who would have predicted Rosol beating Nadal last year at the French?
Predictions are what you think will happen. If you're wrong then you don't get the points. I think that is fair on all those who play.

However, if others think there should be a change in the rules or more nuances put into the rules to distinguish between retirement due to injury/illness during a match or w/o before; Or if it was a bankers choices etc then we can discuss that and see if we can come up with something if that's what the majority want.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: RTR Miami 22/03/13 « Reply #44 on: March 22, 2013, 10:12 PM »

There was never a vote on it, just me and Hazel discussed it. Also the idea of counting the bankers still wasn't actually discussed at all, I just proposed it and nobody responded.
Me thinks the rules need amended.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »