Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Read-the-Round  >  RTR Monte Carlo 16/04/13 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

RTR Monte Carlo 16/04/13

(Read 1130 times)
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: RTR Monte Carlo 16/04/13 « Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 10:50 AM »

Dimitrov in 3
Gasquet in 2 Bank
Monfils in 2
Almagro in 2
Melzer in 2
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: RTR Monte Carlo 16/04/13 « Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 11:09 AM »

If you are going to be an "official organiser" gansta, it might be an idea to get a thread up with more than a couple of usable hours before the deadline. That's the tournament messed up for me now. NICE ONE!
[ Last edit by drchef April 16, 2013, 11:48 AM ] IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: RTR Monte Carlo 16/04/13 « Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 11:30 AM »

All picks from drchef's thread should be allowed.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: RTR Monte Carlo 16/04/13 « Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 12:02 PM »

All picks from drchef's thread should be allowed.

They will be, I just locked the thread to stop more confusion with two open threads Smile
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: RTR Monte Carlo 16/04/13 « Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 04:16 PM »

If you are going to be an "official organiser" gansta, it might be an idea to get a thread up with more than a couple of usable hours before the deadline. That's the tournament messed up for me now. NICE ONE!

Excuse me, the thread doesn't need to be up until 9 hours before the deadline. I was 11 hours ahead, how has that messed up your tournament? Don't criticise my organisation when you thought it wise to consult none of the organisers before posting something that is not your duty to post.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: RTR Monte Carlo 16/04/13 « Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 04:19 PM »

They will be, I just locked the thread to stop more confusion with two open threads Smile

We didn't choose the same matches therefore we can't calculate it.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: RTR Monte Carlo 16/04/13 « Reply #21 on: April 16, 2013, 04:42 PM »

DAMN! Forgot about this!
IP Logged
Hamish McHamish
Satellite Level

Re: RTR Monte Carlo 16/04/13 « Reply #22 on: April 16, 2013, 04:45 PM »

I reckon drchef should either be allowed his picks to stand (as his two alternate games are no easier to predict than the melzer and almagro matches) or be given 3 pts (provided almagro wins in 3) which is the average people are scoring on those matches. Anyone got any issues with that?
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

Re: RTR Monte Carlo 16/04/13 « Reply #23 on: April 16, 2013, 05:16 PM »

Anyone with any sense would have used the initial thread which was created about 10 minutes before you posted moaning at me and a further 5 before you created this one. Were my picks really that bad?

I was heading to bed at 12:00 and no RTR thread had been created so I thought i would do so given that we needed to have them in some 10 hours later, which for anyone in the UK or Europe would be spent mostly sleeping. As i said, i didn't want to trample on anyone's toes but I was merely trying to do a good turn. Unlike yourself, I do not have an incessant need to be involved on here. What really pissed me off though was the condescending PM you sent.

IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: RTR Monte Carlo 16/04/13 « Reply #24 on: April 16, 2013, 05:17 PM »

Anyone with any sense would have used the initial thread which was created about 10 minutes before you posted moaning at me and a further 5 before you created this one. Were my picks really that bad?

I was heading to bed at 12:00 and no RTR thread had been created so I thought i would do so given that we needed to have them in some 10 hours later, which for anyone in the UK or Europe would be spent mostly sleeping. As i said, i didn't want to trample on anyone's toes but I was merely trying to do a good turn. Unlike yourself, I do not have an incessant need to be involved on here. What really pissed me off though was the condescending PM you sent.

You aren't an organiser though. We have a rota that needs to be followed up, if someone is not available another ORGANISER posts the thread. It's as simple as that and it should be in the Rules section.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

Re: RTR Monte Carlo 16/04/13 « Reply #25 on: April 16, 2013, 05:20 PM »

Thanks McHamish!

But it's Gangta's ball and apparently only he can play with it!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: RTR Monte Carlo 16/04/13 « Reply #26 on: April 16, 2013, 05:22 PM »

Thanks McHamish!

But it's Gangta's ball and apparently only he can play with it!

That's not what I was at all conveying. I am going to start a discussion in the Organisers board to see what will be done about situations such as these, but you consulted no organisers and so it became confusing as it would have messed the rota right up. I was still within the rules as to when the thread was posted too.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: RTR Monte Carlo 16/04/13 « Reply #27 on: April 16, 2013, 05:37 PM »

That's not what I was at all conveying. I am going to start a discussion in the Organisers board to see what will be done about situations such as these, but you consulted no organisers and so it became confusing as it would have messed the rota right up. I was still within the rules as to when the thread was posted too.
I know I've come into this a little late (and forgot all about it anyway), but doesn't it make sense to have the thread open as soon as possible after the OOP is out in the evening, given that so many people do go to their bed around 11 pm?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: RTR Monte Carlo 16/04/13 « Reply #28 on: April 16, 2013, 05:38 PM »

I know I've come into this a little late (and forgot all about it anyway), but doesn't it make sense to have the thread open as soon as possible after the OOP is out in the evening, given that so many people do go to their bed around 11 pm?

Only problem with this is some organisers have real life duties and it can become a little hectic.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: RTR Monte Carlo 16/04/13 « Reply #29 on: April 16, 2013, 05:53 PM »

Excuse me, the thread doesn't need to be up until 9 hours before the deadline. I was 11 hours ahead, how has that messed up your tournament? Don't criticise my organisation when you thought it wise to consult none of the organisers before posting something that is not your duty to post.
You aren't an organiser though. We have a rota that needs to be followed up, if someone is not available another ORGANISER posts the thread. It's as simple as that and it should be in the Rules section.

Right grow up and stop moaning, this is ridiculous. drchef did this to be helpful and it was 10 hours before play started, so I see no problem.

Yes, we it's the organisers job to do it but we don't need to be so anal about it if something means it getting late and someone posts it.

As pointed out, most people are then in bed the majority of the time this was then open or then heading to work.

Your response was out of proportion to the action.

It also doesn't affect the rota and you're just grumpy because someone took your turn.

And I'm posting this here rather than in the organisers bit because it's my contribution to the farce you made of todays rtr with this.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »