Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Read-the-Round  >  RTR WTF Day 6 9/11/13 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author

RTR WTF Day 6 9/11/13

(Read 581 times)
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

RTR WTF Day 6 9/11/13 « on: November 09, 2013, 10:33 AM »

Del Potro v Federer
Gasquet v Djokovic

Deadline 2pm

Banker
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: RTR WTF Day 6 9/11/13 « Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 10:34 AM »

Del Potro in 2
Djokovic in 2 BANK
IP Logged
Geo
Futures Level

Re: RTR WTF Day 6 9/11/13 « Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 10:38 AM »

Federer in 3
Djokovic in 2 Bank
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: RTR WTF Day 6 9/11/13 « Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 10:39 AM »

Federer in 3
Djokovic in 2 BANK
[ Last edit by GangstaMurray November 09, 2013, 11:31 AM ] IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: RTR WTF Day 6 9/11/13 « Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 10:46 AM »

Assuming GangstaMurray always does the opposite to his thoughts then we agree

Del Potro in 3
Djokovic in 2 BANK
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: RTR WTF Day 6 9/11/13 « Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 11:10 AM »

Del Potro in 3
Djokovic in 2 bank .
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: RTR WTF Day 6 9/11/13 « Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 11:10 AM »

Assuming GangstaMurray always does the opposite to his thoughts then we agree

Del Potro in 3
Djokovic in 2 BANK

Excuse me? That's what I genuinly think will happen.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: RTR WTF Day 6 9/11/13 « Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 11:30 AM »

Excuse me? That's what I genuinly think will happen.

OK I hope that you do not lose all credibility. Del Potro is no certainty against Federer so you have a chance but Gasquet that would need a mega meltdown or tanking from Novak. He wants the points as he, at least, admits that his ranking is important to him.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: RTR WTF Day 6 9/11/13 « Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 11:32 AM »

OK I hope that you do not lose all credibility. Del Potro is no certainty against Federer so you have a chance but Gasquet that would need a mega meltdown or tanking from Novak. He wants the points as he, at least, admits that his ranking is important to him.

Thanks for pointing that out, I just woke up when I wrote it so I wasn't thinking straight, was meant to put Djokovic, not Gasquet.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: RTR WTF Day 6 9/11/13 « Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 11:43 AM »

Del Potro in 3
Djokovic in 2 (Bank)
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: RTR WTF Day 6 9/11/13 « Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 12:00 PM »

Thanks for pointing that out, I just woke up when I wrote it so I wasn't thinking straight, was meant to put Djokovic, not Gasquet.

No problem. I was wondering why Gasquet so thought you might be being provocative.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: RTR WTF Day 6 9/11/13 « Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 12:09 PM »

I'm a Federer supporter....................but only between 2pm and 4pm/5pm on the 9th Nov 2013.  At all other times I dislike him...........not true I liked him between 2003 and.....about 2006 when he started to become and arrogant tw*t and so disrespected his new challengers i.e. Rafa, Andy, Djoker.  He still hasn't actually come to terms with the fact he's no longer best in the world - he should be grateful he 'got those early years' in.

If Delpo wins today he'll still lose to Rafa which means Andy will be seeded (no lower than) 4 at Oz Open
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: RTR WTF Day 6 9/11/13 « Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 01:31 PM »

I'm a Federer supporter....................but only between 2pm and 4pm/5pm on the 9th Nov 2013.  At all other times I dislike him...........not true I liked him between 2003 and.....about 2006 when he started to become and arrogant tw*t and so disrespected his new challengers i.e. Rafa, Andy, Djoker.  He still hasn't actually come to terms with the fact he's no longer best in the world - he should be grateful he 'got those early years' in.

If Delpo wins today he'll still lose to Rafa which means Andy will be seeded (no lower than) 4 at Oz Open

The last bit of your post only appears when quoted!?

For rankings at AO there are too many unknowns here to be categorical on outcome. I was trying to find out what is the ranking date used to seed in Australia. It makes a difference. I think it may be at the end of the first week in January which only allows them to gain points in Doha, Chennai and Brisbane? I think that Auckland and Sydney may not get to count.

If Stan wins his semi on Saturday then Federer, if he loses today, drops to 8 which is where I said he would be now.  I can therefore declare an interest in wanting Federer to lose for this to happen. I am happy with that as I do not think that Del Potro will beat Nadal and gain yet more points on Andy M.

As you probably know, Del Potro  is protecting no points before the AO and only 90 from the AO itself and another 500 in February compared to Andy 250 +1200 + 0 and Ferrer 250 + 720 + 250 so rankings are likely to change in the first part of 2014. I expect that they will change again in March and April.

This is why I would like Andy to play tournaments in February to get match fit and top up his points tally and get used to  winning again. Both Murray and Ferrer have a lot to defend in March so Andy needs to be back and winning then to make progress to keep at 3 where I think he should be. Admittedly he can gain a lot of points in the last three months of 2014 but it would be nice to be at 3 before the Asian swing and then add on the points to then make his position even better. He needs at least one slam and perhaps the WTF to challenge for top two.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: RTR WTF Day 6 9/11/13 « Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 05:03 PM »

Andy will be seeded 4 (or 3) for Oz - if he plays.  There's simply no way Delpo is going to make up 500+ points in 1 or 2 minor tournies even if Andy doesn't play Brisbance.  Sure, if he doesn't reach the Oz Final he'll drop back.  I'm thinking more about Andy not having to play Djoker or Rafa in a GS QF.

By RG Andy will be back to no. 3 and by the end of 2014 he'll be no.1 at the same time as Fed announces his retirement!
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: RTR WTF Day 6 9/11/13 « Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 05:24 PM »

Andy will be seeded 4 (or 3) for Oz - if he plays.  There's simply no way Delpo is going to make up 500+ points in 1 or 2 minor tournies even if Andy doesn't play Brisbance.  Sure, if he doesn't reach the Oz Final he'll drop back.  I'm thinking more about Andy not having to play Djoker or Rafa in a GS QF.

By RG Andy will be back to no. 3 and by the end of 2014 he'll be no.1 at the same time as Fed announces his retirement!

I like the sentiment. RF is in about his correct ranking place now so now we all need to wait to see what Andy can do in 2014?  I like your confidence. Winning Australia would have been good but a little too soon!? He probably will need two slam wins so perhaps Wimbledon and US Open? If all goes well..............
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »