Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Read-the-Round  >  US Open: Matchday 6 and 7 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Reply
Author

US Open: Matchday 6 and 7

(Read 3268 times)
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open: Matchday 6 and 7 « Reply #45 on: September 03, 2006, 08:11 PM »

Dana i'm sorry that this confuses you but it's EXACTLY what happened on Matchday 2 and 3. Rain delay - matches not played, predictions kept, left for the next day for those exact matches.

But the matches on page 1 don't match the ones from Matchday 5. Sigh... I get the theory, I don't get it in practise.
I'm mostly wondering about how come I missed the deadline if I was here yesterday at 11 and nothing was said about it.

You mean day 6?  hug

Hmm. Perhaps I left 2 minutes before. I just don't think it's honest as all the other nights it was posted 12 hours before the deadline. Though I understand Julia and the crew are doing everything they can to make this nice, so I understand.
It's just that I cannot make up my arrears now.

I am now totally aware of what you mean Dana!!

Yes, this thread was made at 11.30 BST and the predictions had to be in by 3PM BST that same day. Fraid i was the only one about and it couldn't be made the night before because the sceduale came out at about 4am (very late) and i was gone, Andrew wasn't even at home.

IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: US Open: Matchday 6 and 7 « Reply #46 on: September 03, 2006, 08:13 PM »

Dana i'm sorry that this confuses you but it's EXACTLY what happened on Matchday 2 and 3. Rain delay - matches not played, predictions kept, left for the next day for those exact matches.

But the matches do differ slightly, don't they?

You mean day 6?  hug

Probably.

I am now totally aware of what you mean Dana!!

Yes, this thread was made at 11.30 BST and the predictions had to be in by 3PM BST that same day. Fraid i was the only one about and it couldn't be made the night before because the sceduale came out at about 4am (very late) and i was gone, Andrew wasn't even at home.

I understand.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open: Matchday 6 and 7 « Reply #47 on: September 03, 2006, 08:17 PM »

So that is sorted now? Smile

In future the matchday threads will be made the night before as usual. This is the only day it happened because the schedule was released very very late.

I know it's our fault that you didn't get your predictions in because the thread wasn't here well in advance and it is understandable that people can't log on here every 3 hours to check.  hug Frown Meh.
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: US Open: Matchday 6 and 7 « Reply #48 on: September 03, 2006, 08:18 PM »

hug It's forgiven. I was going to lose anyway. My predictions were better during New Haven.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: US Open: Matchday 6 and 7 « Reply #49 on: September 03, 2006, 11:20 PM »

End of Day 6 Standings

wotnopimms- 49

rafa- 46
Mark- 46

Allan- 45

invisibleman18- 44
top_spin- 44