Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Read-the-Round  >  Who wants to play RTR on a more regular basis? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who wants to play RTR on a more regualr basis??
Continue with the current format
Add more tournaments but only ones Andy plays in
Add all 500 series tournaments depending on the field
Have a poll on which tournaments to add every week ie. vote the week before whether to include the tounament for the following week
Any other suggestions

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

Who wants to play RTR on a more regular basis?

(Read 833 times)
TCK
Challenger Level

A Miserable Little Pile Of BULL ****!

Re: Who wants to play RTR on a more regular basis? « Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 02:23 AM »

I'll freely admit that there's a huge gap between now and Indian Wells, and it's a damn shame that the longest break between events is right after interest is at its peak.  If that gap was nearer the end of the season I doubt this argument would come up.  As it stands I agree it's best that something is done between now and March.  My suggestion would be to either do as you are suggesting, with separate rankings that can contribute to a hardcore league of sorts, or have a "mini-season", encompassing all of the 500 between AO and IW (perhaps do the same during the break between Wimbledon and Canada).  I'd possibly be up for a mini-season, not so much the hardcore league, but the idea is slightly convoluted.

Yeah, I'm just throwing ideas out, and I don't expect many (or any) of them to be utilised.  Have at you!
IP Logged
Sunniii
Futures Level

Rocket Ronnie- LEGEND

Re: Who wants to play RTR on a more regular basis? « Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 02:27 AM »

I'll freely admit that there's a huge gap between now and Indian Wells, and it's a damn shame that the longest break between events is right after interest is at its peak.  If that gap was nearer the end of the season I doubt this argument would come up.  As it stands I agree it's best that something is done between now and March.  My suggestion would be to either do as you are suggesting, with separate rankings that can contribute to a hardcore league of sorts, or have a "mini-season", encompassing all of the 500 between AO and IW (perhaps do the same during the break between Wimbledon and Canada).  I'd possibly be up for a mini-season, not so much the hardcore league, but the idea is slightly convoluted.

Yeah, I'm just throwing ideas out, and I don't expect many (or any) of them to be utilised.  Have at you!

What do you mean by mini season TCK??
IP Logged
TCK
Challenger Level

Re: Who wants to play RTR on a more regular basis? « Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 02:37 AM »

Figured I had spelled it out, but for the example at hand - the AO/IW break - take Rotterdam (9th Feb), Memphis (16th Feb) and Dubai/Acapulco/both (23rd Feb).  The best of that lot wins the February mini-season.  You could also do them for July and September, depending on how events line up.  My reasoning for the mini seasons being that the rest of the season is relatively clustered.
IP Logged
Sunniii
Futures Level

Rocket Ronnie- LEGEND

Re: Who wants to play RTR on a more regular basis? « Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 02:39 AM »

Figured I had spelled it out, but for the example at hand - the AO/IW break - take Rotterdam (9th Feb), Memphis (16th Feb) and Dubai/Acapulco/both (23rd Feb).  The best of that lot wins the February mini-season.  You could also do them for July and September, depending on how events line up.  My reasoning for the mini seasons being that the rest of the season is relatively clustered.

Oh right with you now, seems a very good idea and it will be noted.
IP Logged
Sunniii
Futures Level

Rocket Ronnie- LEGEND

Re: Who wants to play RTR on a more regular basis? « Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 02:41 AM »

Just one thing TCK. The Memphis week is actually the week Andy is in Marseille. What wouls you do in a case like this?
IP Logged
TCK
Challenger Level

Re: Who wants to play RTR on a more regular basis? « Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 02:42 AM »

Just one thing TCK. The Memphis week is actually the week Andy is in Marseille. What wouls you do in a case like this?
**** Andy!

Not literally.
IP Logged
Sunniii
Futures Level

Rocket Ronnie- LEGEND

Re: Who wants to play RTR on a more regular basis? « Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 02:51 AM »

f**k Andy!

Not literally.

Ok so Youre not bothered about the field as long as it's a 500 event I take it. Thats fair enough and a goos suggestion but I think alot of people will want to play the Marseille event including me.
IP Logged
TCK
Challenger Level

Re: Who wants to play RTR on a more regular basis? « Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 02:55 AM »

Actually, I'm not even bothered by the 500 event requirement, it was more of a for instance.  If other, better tournaments (eg. Murray participation) are selected then it's cool beans.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Who wants to play RTR on a more regular basis? « Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 07:48 AM »

I hope everyone is passionately throwing ideas around in this topic based on the potential of an unofficial league. If anyone is genuinely trying to argue for the official format to be changed then it's futile, we voted for it and therefore the outcome of that democratic process will stand.

Once we have all the unofficial ideas in the open, I'd suggest creating a new poll in this thread...
[ Last edit by Mark January 23, 2009, 07:56 AM ] IP Logged
Sunniii
Futures Level

Rocket Ronnie- LEGEND

Re: Who wants to play RTR on a more regular basis? « Reply #24 on: January 23, 2009, 07:54 AM »

Everyone, please understand that the format will not be changed regardless of the poll outcome, we voted for this format to last an entire season and it is only fair that we now go through with it. But anyway, it's clear by the poll the majority do not want to change the official format.

Your only option is to run an unofficial league and I don't see what the problem is there.

Mark I have no intention to change the official RTR. Im just trying to incorporate this on a more regular basis.
IP Logged
Tommy
World No 1

woo hoo

Re: Who wants to play RTR on a more regular basis? « Reply #25 on: March 08, 2009, 03:41 AM »

I think RTR needs a few more tourneys a year...its really not that much.

Im not saying every event...no way. Maybe 1 a month? How about that? Atleast one a month, more on months with a GS and MT
IP Logged
Torin
Futures Level

Re: Who wants to play RTR on a more regular basis? « Reply #26 on: March 10, 2009, 06:29 PM »

If it was up to me I'd try to replicated the tennis ranking system as far as practicable.

Play all slams, all masters 1000s, all 500s except where there's more than one in a week, and a selection of 250s (say, the ones Andy plays or any other high profile ones such as Queens). That'll be maybe 22 weeks a year, or one every other week in the season.

250s give basic points, 500s double points, 1000s quadruple points, slams octuple points.

Then at the end of the season all slams and 1000s count, plus your best 4 500s and 2 250s.

Could even update it on a 52-week rolling basis after that if we wanted...
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Re: Who wants to play RTR on a more regular basis? « Reply #27 on: March 10, 2009, 07:37 PM »

That would be great, but I just don't think there's enough demand to keep it running throughout the year.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Who wants to play RTR on a more regular basis? « Reply #28 on: March 10, 2009, 08:17 PM »

Nor the volume of players.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »