Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  The Grand National, Aintree, 4.15pm 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

The Grand National, Aintree, 4.15pm

(Read 1329 times)
Scottie
World No 1

Re: The Grand National, Aintree, 4.15pm « Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 12:23 PM »

Yep its crap sport and I never bet on it usually.  Only the Grand National. The first time I backed a horse was a few years ago when Papillon won. He was 33-1 and everyone was saying he was going  to do well so I put a tenner on him. And so he won and I won 340 quid! I think I was only 16 at the time so it was quite a bit of money to me. I won last year as well, but only 100 quid. But nothing this year, although my mate backed Silver Birch and won 680 Euros!
IP Logged
Tennis-Player
ATP Level

Re: The Grand National, Aintree, 4.15pm « Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 01:35 PM »

I was there yesterday at Aintree, we had a brill day Smile although I didn't back Silver Birch unfortunately Frown.... I had the winner for the last two years though so I guess my luck was always destined to run out this year lol  Think Had Eurotrek which got pulled up, Numbersixvalverde which finished 6th I think, and Hedgehunter which came 8th.

I did have a winner in one of the other races though so not too bad, and it was a brill day very exciting!
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: The Grand National, Aintree, 4.15pm « Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 08:38 PM »

I was similar to you tennis player.

Had Eurotrek and Point Barrow to win, one pulled up and one fell.

And then I had Joe's edge, Hedgehunter, Numbersixvalverde and L'ami to place, all of which finished i think..... But well down.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »