Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Adidas vs The World Cup 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Adidas vs The World Cup

(Read 793 times)
rafa
Grand Slam Champion

We have unlimited juice?This party is off the hook

Adidas vs The World Cup « on: April 27, 2006, 11:18 PM »

Part of my copywriting coursework includes having to create 3 pieces of advertising copy (billboards, TV, radio, adshels, light boxs, point of sales, petrol pump ads, etc), for Adidas as sponsors of the World Cup.

I'm not a huge football fan and I would like as much outside input as possible.

So to the all the MW football and Adidas fans out there....what kind of sports advertising do you like the best, give me examples. Where would you take in advertisements the most, through what medium, do you wear Adidas?

What is your favourite thing about football, bar the actual game?

This might be fun as well, if u can think of the typical male (aged 12 to 24), who would wear Adidas. Give him a name, what he does, his clothing from head to toe, what people would think of him, why he likes football, his relationships....everything, make a person completely from your imagination. You can choose a young Adidas purchaser, or another older one.
e.g. Mickey, is 15 years old, he wears white adidas bottoms and always light blue somewhere in his outfit, he wears very white trainers, a gold chain, and a white adidas cap. He likes football because he can hang around with his mates, he likes to drink, he talks/plays/lives football, girls always come second, they smoke and their parents sometimes roll their eyes at their children...but still buy them Adidas.

I would really appreciate your help guys  Wink

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Adidas vs The World Cup « Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 11:28 PM »

I hate the advertising around footy pitches - drives me batty when it flashes and changes all the time - distracts from the football.  I notice sportswear usually in leaflets that come with newspapers.  Don't really notice what's on the shirts of footballers - I know Man U coz my kids have their shirts!  Sorry but not very helpful for your course me thinks!  Don't like anything else about football apart from the game - I think that the players are overpaid, the clubs are all 'take, take, take' and there are very few role models about!  Sorry Rafa, rant over!
IP Logged
rafa
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Adidas vs The World Cup « Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 11:33 PM »

no thats good bevc, if you guys dont like something tell me....if u can make suggestions what you would like instead?   
thanks guys  hug
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Adidas vs The World Cup « Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 09:26 PM »

Firstly have to say that i agree with Bevc on the issue of liking football. Football for me - is an interest in the game and that's really as far as it goes.  Think I think the game is dominated by money and a lot of the clubs only gain success through the riches. Yes money doesn't always bring success but i feel that a lot of the results are structured around the club's money status rather than their actual will to play. Also how footballers are paid ridiculous amounts of money... for what? What i have said is not in all cases.. but a general idea.

As for advertising. Umm.. im not really sure what to say.  Think
I thought the Nike advert with Rafa and Thierry Henry was effective.  Whistle Rafa you have probably seen it! Wink
Although -i've seen stuff about numerous light industry organisations and i always have other thoughts when Nike/Addidas adds come on. I think that a lot of companies nowadays use their advertising techniques to lure people into buying their productes but it's a whole different story under the face. For example taking Nike - they set up factories in countries like Indonesia and let these people suffer 24 hour work hours in poor conditions to battle through for tiny wages like $2.50 a day. [you probably knew that! - might need to check on the figures] Wink I think this is ridiculous and should be stopped as it's just a way of exploiting people for millions of pounds that they can endorse in famous people of their choice.
I just feel sometimes this advertising is more of company's attempt to hide behind a fake face. A lot of the people buying produce don't know where it actually comes from and where. This should be raised at an international level - although i do believe this has happened in the past already and nothing has been made out of it.

Personally i do not wear Addidas. For sports clothes i try and keep away from Nike.. but that sometimes doesn't really work.  ](*,)
I guess each sports company has a similar story as Nike and if you play sport you can't get away with it, but changes need to be made.
Most of my tennis t-shirts are Fred Perry (not because of Andy!).

As for the imaginitive bit Rolling Eyes Im not really sure.... Might see if i can think of anything later.  Think

Hope this has made sense. Eh?
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Adidas vs The World Cup « Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 09:49 PM »

OK Rafa, here goes at my attempt to describe a typical Scots Adidas clad youth.

Craig – 16 years old.  Wears navy blue adidas tracksuit with matching cap.  He’s a complete under-achiever at school and a fairly ineffective personality.  He loves football and is Glasgow Rangers mad.  He likes football because it gives him an identity and marks him as different from/superior to the supporters of the rival team in his city, Glasgow Celtic.  The rivalry is ingrained in the likes of Craig from birth and is founded upon religious differences.  Craig and his contemporaries are blind to this.  His native Glasgwegians  accept this as the norm, and this applies across the social divides.

Craig is likely to find it difficult to form and maintain relationships with people outwith his mindset.  He disrespects women and has a caveman mentality.  His peers think of him as ‘a good mate’, whereas his extended family, who have not had Craig’s upbringing, see him as an ignorant bigot.

Craig’s parents are unlikely to roll their eyes at his behaviour, as they are so busy ploughing through the mire of their own dysfunctional relationship, while cheering on the football team that fires their religious prejudices.

IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Adidas vs The World Cup « Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 09:52 PM »

hehe elly  hug i made that avatar - with the lack of animation skills that i have Embarassed
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Adidas vs The World Cup « Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 09:54 PM »

hehe elly  hug i made that avatar - with the lack of animation skills that i have Embarassed

shocking Wow Julia - it is stunning- thank you so much - you have made a middle aged lady very happy...  Wink

P.S. I've acknowledged you in the Nadal thread where someone commented on it!  bigarmhug
[ Last edit by ellyb April 28, 2006, 10:00 PM ] IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Adidas vs The World Cup « Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 10:05 PM »

P.S. I've acknowledged you in the Nadal thread where someone commented on it!  bigarmhug

Hahaa!  hug Aww thank you!! Don't worry about it! Wink I don't usually water mark any of this sort of stuff anyway so anyone can use it anywhere.
IP Logged
rafa
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Adidas vs The World Cup « Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 12:17 AM »

OK Rafa, here goes at my attempt to describe a typical Scots Adidas clad youth.

Craig – 16 years old.  Wears navy blue adidas tracksuit with matching cap.  He’s a complete under-achiever at school and a fairly ineffective personality.  He loves football and is Glasgow Rangers mad.  He likes football because it gives him an identity and marks him as different from/superior to the supporters of the rival team in his city, Glasgow Celtic.  The rivalry is ingrained in the likes of Craig from birth and is founded upon religious differences.  Craig and his contemporaries are blind to this.  His native Glasgwegians  accept this as the norm, and this applies across the social divides.

Craig is likely to find it difficult to form and maintain relationships with people outwith his mindset.  He disrespects women and has a caveman mentality.  His peers think of him as ‘a good mate’, whereas his extended family, who have not had Craig’s upbringing, see him as an ignorant bigot.

Craig’s parents are unlikely to roll their eyes at his behaviour, as they are so busy ploughing through the mire of their own dysfunctional relationship, while cheering on the football team that fires their religious prejudices.

hhahaahhaaa yes i love it, craig is perfect, does anybody else have people like craig that they want to share?
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »