Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  All Blacks v Ireland 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

All Blacks v Ireland

(Read 980 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

All Blacks v Ireland « on: June 11, 2006, 12:01 AM »

For Kwevus  hug

Unfortunately, my camera died at the end of the second half Frown  (The batteries ran out - sorry!)  Why is it that the battery life was 2 bars one minute and gone the next!  The second half wasn't so good for Ireland anyhow, but I nearly thought that they were going achieve what they haven't before!  I really was.

Warming up - Ireland were down the far end unfortunately.

Ronan just about to kick over the bar to make it New Zealand 8 Ireland 16

Walking off for half time (I think! No All Blacks about!)

I really enjoyed my first rugby match but I did miss the commentary though  Wink

I thoght that Ireland were going to be walked over with the All Blacks scoring in the first minute but I give Brian his due, he regrouped his team and at times they made the All Blacks look pretty ordinary!  Too many mistakes by the Irish in the second half, giving away too many penalties, cost them the game and I hope that they can learn from this when they play them again in Auckland next week.

=D> Well done Ireland!
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: All Blacks v Ireland « Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 02:28 AM »

Nice pics Bev. What was the atmosphere like? Did you find it easy to watch the game from that angle behing the posts?
I didn't watch it as I had too much to do. Watched both the World Cup games in the morning before going to my own football match in the afternoon so had to study, so decided to give this game a miss. Thought Ireland were gonna win though when I checked the score at 1 point and they were up 23-15.

I was lucky enough to go to the All Blacks vs British Lions test in Auckland last year, only rugby match I have ever been to. There was an old rugby thread a little while ago and I posted a few pics, so check there if you want to see.
We had pretty much the best seats in the house, right on the half way line. But I found it very hard to see the play. When the ball was on the other side of the pitch we had to look at the screen to see what was going on, particularly in the rucks etc. What was it like watching from that angle?

Edit: My 1000th post.
And here are my pics from the Lion match:
http://www.murraysworld.com/messageboard/index.php/topic,1347.15.html
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 June 11, 2006, 02:30 AM ] IP Logged
arka
Re: All Blacks v Ireland « Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 03:13 AM »

Go Alex!! You will catch me up very soon. wink

That thread will be revived very soon. I will work on rugby when I am in uni. :P
[ Last edit by Arka June 11, 2006, 03:17 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: All Blacks v Ireland « Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 12:01 PM »

Nice pics Bev. What was the atmosphere like? Did you find it easy to watch the game from that angle behing the posts?
I didn't watch it as I had too much to do. Watched both the World Cup games in the morning before going to my own football match in the afternoon so had to study, so decided to give this game a miss. Thought Ireland were gonna win though when I checked the score at 1 point and they were up 23-15.

I was lucky enough to go to the All Blacks vs British Lions test in Auckland last year, only rugby match I have ever been to. There was an old rugby thread a little while ago and I posted a few pics, so check there if you want to see.
We had pretty much the best seats in the house, right on the half way line. But I found it very hard to see the play. When the ball was on the other side of the pitch we had to look at the screen to see what was going on, particularly in the rucks etc. What was it like watching from that angle?

And here are my pics from the Lion match:
http://www.murraysworld.com/messageboard/index.php/topic,1347.15.html

Congrats on the 1,000th post Alex!  =D>  Catching me up!

Atmosphere was really good.  Mixed supporters where we were and a couple of old guys behind us thought they were the two old guys in the balcony from the muppets! 

I was quite impressed with my seats actually!  When Brian (O'Driscoll) came over the line for his try, everyone stood up to see where he planted the ball, but then sat back down again.  Yes, I couldn't see what was happening at the far end of the field a couple of times, but just looked to the big screen.  For the $160 (about 55 pounds) we paid for the tickets for 5 of us was really good value in my mind, and I wouldn't have any problems about sitting in the same seats again! I was a very neutral supporter and applauded both sides - my hubby wasn't quite so generous with his praise, supporting his new adoptive country!   Like I said, I only missed the commentary part but thoroughly enjoyed my first test rugby match!

You lucky thing seeing the Lions!  Will check out the photos in the morning - bed time now for me! 
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: All Blacks v Ireland « Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 12:05 PM »

$160 for 5 tickets altogether?
Heh, I paid a ridiculous amount more just for my 1 Lions ticket. Still, it was only a once every 12 years thing I guess.
IP Logged
kwevus
ATP Level

Let us taste those Murray mints

Re: All Blacks v Ireland « Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 05:15 PM »

For Kwevus  hug

hehe thanks bev!! i listened on the radio (i put my foor down at work!!) lol and i was so impressed with our boys - they forgot totally hhow often the all blacks beat them and they gave it their all - it showed lol!! great pics btw bev - but you need some close ups of brian and o gara mmmmmmmm!!!! x(",)x
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Re: All Blacks v Ireland « Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 11:46 PM »

Are Ireland finally living up to whats been expected of them for the last few years then?
IP Logged
~Lola~
Challenger Level

Flood me with your words - trust me, I can swim

Re: All Blacks v Ireland « Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 01:19 AM »

Thanks for posting the pics Bev.  hug Glad you had a good time too! Smile
It wasn't too bad of a result, they did well to put up a fight against the All Blacks. =D>
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: All Blacks v Ireland « Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 10:52 AM »

$160 for 5 tickets altogether?
Heh, I paid a ridiculous amount more just for my 1 Lions ticket. Still, it was only a once every 12 years thing I guess.

Yes paid $160 for all our tickets!  $50 each for the adults and $20 each for the kids.  I have no complaints at all about my seat or the price I paid.  I'd heard that the tickets in other places were more expensive but I really don't think that they had any better view than what I got! 

Yes, the Irish played really well and I hope that they can do so again in Auckland at the weekend.  I really thought that the AB's (New Zealand lingo there!) were going to overpower them but they didn't.

But what on earth happened with England and the Wallabies?  Bring Sir Clive back!
IP Logged
arka
Re: All Blacks v Ireland « Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 10:56 AM »

Bring Sir Clive back!

No! The Saints need him. wink

Great pics Bev. Very Happy
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: All Blacks v Ireland « Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 11:26 AM »

But what on earth happened with England and the Wallabies?  Bring Sir Clive back!

Not suprising, considering the team we put out. Similar sort of team to the one that lost 70 odd nill on the "Tour from Hell" a few years back. Wasn't expecting too much better than the result we got tbh.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: All Blacks v Ireland « Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 11:28 AM »

Haven't seen the team list - were they just making up the numbers or what?  I know that a few key players elected to stay at home, but surely everyone plays to win, don't they?  I really think that the team has slumped since Robinson took over!  He should have got the boot, never mind been demoted!
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: All Blacks v Ireland « Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 11:41 AM »

It was really a 2nd, or 3rd string team. Not many players I had heard of, although that may be because we don't get to see the 6 Nations here. Couple of players from the sevens team, and Mike Catt was playing FFS. Lol, he was old and well past it at the world cup 3 years ago. Must be older the Teddy Sheringham!
Of course they play to win, but they were never going to be good enough to trouble Australia, although admittedly I didn't watch the match as I was getting an early night ahead of what I thought was going to be an exam.
Speaking of which, got one tomorrow morning so bed for me.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »