Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  2016 Summer Olympics - Rio is chosen! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Which city do you want to win the 2016 Olympics hosting rights?
Chicago, USA
Madrid, Spain
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Tokyo, Japan

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

2016 Summer Olympics - Rio is chosen!

(Read 1100 times)
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: 2016 Summer Olympics - Rio is chosen! « Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 10:12 PM »

The right choice. How many times have the Yanks had it? Asia had the last one and Europe is having 2012 so if geograpical rotation was the idea, which I certaily agree with as it's an event for the entire world, there was only one possible choice from those 4. Glad they made the right one.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: 2016 Summer Olympics - Rio is chosen! « Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 10:18 PM »

^ Yup, indeed.   How's you?  Are you healing up?
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: 2016 Summer Olympics - Rio is chosen! « Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 10:48 PM »

Not too bad thanks. Swelling starting to go down (my brother said I looked like the cartoon version of myself on Thursday lol). Still pain though and apparently pain is supposed be at the worst 5-6 days after which would be over the weekend and Monday.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: 2016 Summer Olympics - Rio is chosen! « Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 10:57 PM »

Not too bad thanks. Swelling starting to go down (my brother said I looked like the cartoon version of myself on Thursday lol). Still pain though and apparently pain is supposed be at the worst 5-6 days after which would be over the weekend and Monday.
Jeez.... nightmare....  Frown   It's crazy to think that teeth can cause such havoc....... hug
IP Logged
elias_sergei

Re: 2016 Summer Olympics - Rio is chosen! « Reply #19 on: October 08, 2009, 12:22 AM »

Was rooting for Madrid because it's nearer to where I live.  :p

Chicago getting eliminated first was quite a shock. Apparently, there's a rift between the USOC and the IOC (article), so any US candidate will probably be out of the bidding loop for a while.

Here's the official vote tally:

Landslide win!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »