Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  BBC Gossip Column 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author

BBC Gossip Column

(Read 2165 times)
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

BBC Gossip Column « on: June 05, 2006, 12:37 PM »

Don't know if anyone else ever reads this but it's quite funny today (mainly due to the bits from the Sun).

• Chelsea must wait until next month to sign Roberto Carlos - because of politics. (Sun) -Is this cause of Parliment's summer break or something?
  • Sweden are petrified of facing England in the World Cup. (The Sun)  roflmao
  • The Sun claims that England's squad took, among many other items, the following to Germany on Monday:Styling mousse (24 cans), shampoo (24 bottles), soap (48 bars), vibrating razors (24), electric toothbrushes, Jaffa Cakes (2,300), wasp killer (48 cans), white socks (122 pairs), crisps (several dozen boxes) and a food blender.
  • Ukraine's players have been promised quality time with their wives if they reach the World Cup semi-finals. "Those who don't feel like it, I'll just drag to their wives. Take my word for it," coach Oleg Blokhin told Russian daily Sport-Express.
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Re: BBC Gossip Column « Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 06:56 PM »

I read it occasionally...

^Quality stuff there Iain! roflmao
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Re: BBC Gossip Column « Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 01:33 PM »

From todays column.

• The Sun says that England's opening match against Paraguay on Saturday will be officiated by a referee nicknamed Little Dracula. Marco Rodriguez, 35, was given the moniker because of his likeness to a television character and after the World Cup he is set to star in his own cartoon in his native Mexico. Referees have been told to impose an absolute ban on jewellery worn by players at the World Cup.
  • English referee Graham Poll, told The Express, if players try to sneak on wearing rings, earrings or chains then they will be shown a yellow card - and may even be forced to have any rings cut off their fingers.
  • The makers of Subbuteo have told the media they are attempting to rush out a dancing Peter Crouch figure to cash in on "the Crouch bop".
IP Logged
arka
Re: BBC Gossip Column « Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 01:33 PM »

Fascinating. :P
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Re: BBC Gossip Column « Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 12:58 AM »

• Tesco said sales of Caribbean food and drink had soared north of the border as Scots prepared to cheer on Trinidad & Tobago. Buyer Simon Dunn said: "We've seen huge increases in the sale of rum in Scotland by nearly 15% and the sale of mangoes has increased by a staggering 47% in the past two weeks alone."
  • Holland's gay community have elected Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo as the World Cup's "most beautiful, attractive and sexiest" footballer. (Mirror)
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Re: BBC Gossip Column « Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 06:53 PM »

Spanish daily 20 Minutos claims Nostradamus tipped Spain to win the World Cup. It quotes one of his prophecies as follows: "In the sixth month of 2006 the King of Spain will cross the Pyrenees with his troops. The legions of Beelzebub will battle him in central Europe and suffer doom and destruction. The Holy Grail will then come to Spain." (Press Association)
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: BBC Gossip Column « Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 10:26 PM »

lol some of those are very good Iain!  goodjob
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Re: BBC Gossip Column « Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 07:25 PM »

German tabloid Bild has analysed Bastian Schweinsteiger's name and revealed that it means God Protects The Man Who Slept In The Barn With The Pigs. (The Observer)
IP Logged
XCW4EVA
Challenger Level

Re: BBC Gossip Column « Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 07:33 PM »

German tabloid Bild has analysed Bastian Schweinsteiger's name and revealed that it means God Protects The Man Who Slept In The Barn With The Pigs. (The Observer)
shocking
Bam, i wonder if he even knew that, oh well he does now,
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Re: BBC Gossip Column « Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 12:16 AM »

shocking
Bam, i wonder if he even knew that, oh well he does now,

Did you know that "Bam" in German is Dong as in the bells. Once sang in a childrens choir for a Mahler symphony where we opened the fourth movement with a chorus of "Bim bam" which was "Ding dong".
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Re: BBC Gossip Column « Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 03:41 PM »

• Condom sales slumped by 63% before every England match, according to chemists Boots.
  • The rant of Chinese commentator Huang Jianxiang after Francesco Totti's last-minute winner for Italy against Australia is now hot property - as a ringtone. (News of the World)
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: BBC Gossip Column « Reply #11 on: July 02, 2006, 04:24 PM »

so... wow... the first one there makes perfect sense... and i have no idea who Huang Jianxiang is...
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Re: BBC Gossip Column « Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 08:01 AM »

United States keeper Kasey Keller has labelled David Beckham "a total poser". (Express)  roflmao
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: BBC Gossip Column « Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 01:53 PM »

wow... not that i ever liked that guy... but i am officially less of a fan...
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Re: BBC Gossip Column « Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 06:41 PM »

"I was aware that my foot had landed between his legs, which, of course, is about the nastiest place to get hurt, but it was an accident."
Wayne Rooney speaks out after the incident with Ricardo Carvalho. (Liam Southwell, England).

"People need to understand what kind of goldfish Wayne Rooney lives in."
Graham Taylor on Rooney. (Thax, UK).

"This game is a bit like your front room, John - there's nothing in it."
Mark Lawrenson to John Motson - World Cup Final (Ricky Miller, UK).

"For a game played in Cologne, that stunk."
Classic Mark Lawrenson at the end of 120 minutes of Switzerland v Ukraine. (Howard Ashton, England).

"As things stand, Swindon are heading out of the World Cup."
ESPN commentator during Sweden v Germany. (Penri, India).
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »