Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2007 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author

BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2007

(Read 5139 times)
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #45 on: November 27, 2007, 06:24 PM »

Wayhey for the WELSH!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #46 on: November 27, 2007, 06:43 PM »

Wayhey for the WELSH!

Can only see 2 previous winners that were Welsh shocking
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #47 on: November 27, 2007, 06:55 PM »

Prove it. She didn't fail any drugs tests.

If she'd turned up for them, we might be able to tbh.
Yes, I know you explained all this before. But I still can't get my head around making the same horrendous "mistake" 3 separate times. Once, possible. 3 times, absolutely not. I would assume the authorities get onto you straight away after the first miss right? There's absolutely no way it could "slip your mind" again IMO.
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 November 27, 2007, 06:55 PM ] IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #48 on: November 27, 2007, 08:32 PM »

Anyway we've already argued about this before so I'm not going to again. She's just had her Olympics ban overturned, so apparently the authorities are satisfied she was just forgetful too. I don't think it's a mistake that anyone with half a brain could make 3 times, but then I'm not a top level athlete with a busy training schedule.  I'll leave it at that.

Back more on topic, while she did win a gold medal, I can't see her getting enough votes to win with this cloud over her.
IP Logged
AL1874
Top Seed

What was I drinking last night?

Re: BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #49 on: November 29, 2007, 08:06 AM »

Prove it. She didn't fail any drugs tests.

It is hard to fail a drugs test when you do not provide a sample, If I get stopped by the police because they think I'm drunk and I fail to produce a sample does that mean I'm not a drunk driver?

If my livelyhood depended on making myself avalaible for drugs test I would do so, Konstantinos Kederis and Ekaterini Thanou got slaughtered in the press after they missed giving drugs samples in Athens.

I think you're right. Also, she has passed 14 tests this year, as well as before the missed tests, which, i think, prove that she wasn't taking drugs, since as far as i know, drugs will only help if taken regularly, not if you just take them one-off

Fine she gave additional samples that were clear, the drugs could have been used over a short spell to help recover from injury and then left the body.

She is British and has a chance of a medal at the Olympics so we will presume she is innocent. If she was from a former Eastern block country would you be so willing to accept her excuse?

[ Last edit by AL1874 November 29, 2007, 08:07 AM ] IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #50 on: November 29, 2007, 09:08 AM »

If my livelyhood depended on making myself avalaible for drugs test I would do so, Konstantinos Kederis and Ekaterini Thanou got slaughtered in the press after they missed giving drugs samples in Athens.

The main thing I can't get my head around. Your whole life, everything you have worked for depends on it. You work your arse off for years and years to get into the Olympics, the highest level in sport, and in 1 instant it's gone. For that reason, I don't believe anyone could just forget about a drugs test. It's just too important and could not possibly slip your mind.
IP Logged
netcord
Top Seed

Miles who?

Re: BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #51 on: November 29, 2007, 04:48 PM »

Ricky wins for best t-shirt.......lmao

IP Logged
oldtimer
Junior

Re: BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #52 on: November 29, 2007, 05:03 PM »

I agree with KitKat.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #53 on: November 30, 2007, 07:08 PM »

Shortlist revealed for BBC award

• Joe Calzaghe - Undisputed world super-middleweight boxing champion.
  • Lewis Hamilton - World championship runner-up in his rookie Formula One season.
  • Ricky Hatton - Fights Floyd Mayweather for WBC world title on eve of show.
  • Andy Murray - Broke into the world top 10 despite an injury that ruled him out of Wimbledon.
  • Christine Ohuruogu - Returned from one-year ban for missing three drugs tests to land world 400m title in Osaka.
  • Paula Radcliffe - Won the New York Marathon just 10 months after giving birth to a baby daughter.
  • Jason Robinson - Retired after playing key part in England making the Rugby World Cup final.
  • Justin Rose - Captured golf's European Order of Merit title.
  • James Toseland - Claimed the World Superbikes Championship for the second time.
  • Jonny Wilkinson - Shrugged off injury to help England to Rugby World Cup final.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Murray favourite to win Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #54 on: November 30, 2007, 07:25 PM »

Andy's made the shortlist.  shocking yay cmon yeah

Who's the favourite now?  Think Probably not Andy.
[ Last edit by Allan November 30, 2007, 07:27 PM ] IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #55 on: November 30, 2007, 10:12 PM »

Between Lewis Hamilton, and the 2 boxers.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #56 on: November 30, 2007, 10:51 PM »

Has to be Lewis!
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Murray favourite to win Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #57 on: November 30, 2007, 11:06 PM »

Really! Doesn't deserve it this year.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Murray favourite to win Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #58 on: November 30, 2007, 11:08 PM »

Can't believe Andy is on the shortlist... David Healy should be on it tbh. Wilkinson and Robinson though? Jeezo.....

Full Shortlist

Linky

Interestingly, Calzaghe is the first choice for the majority of the papers/magazines and experts..... Shame the public probably don't feel the same.
[ Last edit by nkp2 November 30, 2007, 11:11 PM ] IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #59 on: November 30, 2007, 11:13 PM »

Has to be Calzaghe unless Hatton beats Mayweather.... Mayweather is the Federer of boxing, so if hatton beats him, then he deserves it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »