Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2007 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author

BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2007

(Read 5289 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray favourite to win Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #60 on: November 30, 2007, 11:16 PM »

Murray should have only been on it if he reached Shanghai, then that would have been special. But he had his chance and lost it so no big deal.
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Re: Murray favourite to win Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #61 on: December 01, 2007, 01:09 AM »

Shortlist wise - yeah i definitely thin he shoudl be there... his year has been god - no he hasn't made quite the assive jumps that he made last year, but considering all the injuries.. he's done good and established himself well as the best tennis player in the country - i think there should be a good reppresentation of all the sports in the shortlist.

But he doesn't dreserve to win it this year at all... he hasn't done nearly enough for that.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Murray favourite to win Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #62 on: December 01, 2007, 01:10 AM »

Where is football, cycling, horse racing.... none of them appear yet I'm pretty sure David Healy, Nicole Cooke, Victorie Pendleton, Seb Sanders, Jamie Spencer, Chris Hoy and even good old Faddy merit being on that list ahead of Andy. Not to mention his brother Jamie....
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Re: Murray favourite to win Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #63 on: December 01, 2007, 01:16 AM »

Fair enough.. i haven't actua;ly looked at the shortlist yet. lol But on the subject of Jamie - he heasn't consistently been ath the top of the game like Andy - has he even been in the top 20 in the doubles? Though i do think his wimbly win deserves some recognition...
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray favourite to win Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #64 on: December 01, 2007, 01:25 AM »

I still think Jamie should get some recognition for winning that title though.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray favourite to win Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #65 on: December 01, 2007, 11:18 AM »

He won mixed doubles and then had an average year... no he shouldn't be on that list!
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Murray favourite to win Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #66 on: December 01, 2007, 10:40 PM »

He won mixed doubles and then had an average year... no he shouldn't be on that list!

Maybe, but neither should Andy, not that it matters anyway, it;s between 3 people.
[ Last edit by nkp2 December 01, 2007, 10:40 PM ] IP Logged
nads
Seed

My Fav AM Pic!

Re: Murray favourite to win Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #67 on: December 05, 2007, 12:45 PM »

Andy certainly shouldn't be on there, Jamie for winning a slam (whatever slam, no Brit has done it for ages - EVEN mixed doubles), but I think it should go to someone who achieved something, not nearly achieved it (e.g. Hamilton), so the 2 that stuck out for me where Christine O. (but that's somewhat tainted by the ban) and of course Paula.  In fact Paula would be my choice - coming back from giving birth to win the first major race is astonishing and worthy of the title.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Murray favourite to win Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #68 on: December 05, 2007, 10:20 PM »

Calzaghe- UNDISPUTED WORLD CHAMPION.... that's not achieving something? Paula has won marathon's before... Hatton v mayweather. If Hatton wins, he WILL be regarded as THE BEST fighter in THE WORLD since ALI. That's DEFINITELY achieving something.
IP Logged
netcord
Top Seed

Miles who?

Re: Murray favourite to win Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #69 on: December 05, 2007, 10:35 PM »

If he wins......Ricky (or Richard as his mum called him on the radio today LOL), if not, Paula...... Team of the year Jamie and Jelena! cmon yeah
IP Logged
nads
Seed

My Fav AM Pic!

Re: Murray favourite to win Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #70 on: December 07, 2007, 08:48 AM »

I didn't say Calzaghe wasn't worthy, I just don't have a clue, not the faintest, about boxing, so can't comment. Any boxer I read about seems to be Worldchampion in something, so I can't judge that one at all...
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: BBC Sports Personality of the year 2007 « Reply #71 on: December 09, 2007, 12:20 PM »

Now the question is, who do you think will win? I've got a feeling it will still be Hatton...
I personally would vote for Hamilton, for his 4 grand prix wins, and god knows how many other podium finishes, besides for finishing second in the championship, ahead of Alonso.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #72 on: December 09, 2007, 12:27 PM »

I don't know, Hatton did lose last night, but it was an immense fight.... it would somehow feel wrong for him to have it.... at the same time though, he's still the best boxer at the lower weight.. hmmm....

Hamilton will almost certainly get it, unless there is an upsurge in support for Joe Calzaghe.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #73 on: December 09, 2007, 01:41 PM »

I'll be surprised if Hamilton doesn't get it.
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2007 « Reply #74 on: December 09, 2007, 05:02 PM »

Me too.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »