Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Beckham to move to LA 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Reply
Author

Beckham to move to LA

(Read 4585 times)
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Beckham to move to LA « Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 02:09 AM »

I pretty sure he gives quite a bit of his money to different things including several football acadamies, which get a lot of kids off the street and potentially into a better life too.  Obviously though, the lot of you saying he should give it away would do much better in his situation  Rolling Eyes

Yes i disagree with the high wages sports players get. And i mean all sport. But then again, would it be as good if it wasn;t the case. Maybe so in football, because wages are Exceedingly high. But there you go.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Beckham to move to LA « Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 05:16 AM »

They are paying lots of money to him in the hope that he'll bring lots of revenue back into the the club - it's not rocket science!

It's very unfair for the other players though - I bet none of them are getting anywhere near as much as he is.

And how many 'world cup' players are there playing in America at the moment or do they just go there when their careers are all but over?

It's all about the money, no matter how much they give to charity, Victoria will hardly be able to contain herself on telling people how much 'brand Beckham' is worth - besides, I'd read that she'd given him an ultimatum - move to LA or they split! Also, she needs to be where someone can keep her alleged implants in perfect condition Rolling Eyes

God bless America............
[ Last edit by Bevc January 12, 2007, 05:17 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Beckham to move to LA « Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 09:31 AM »

Money is not my motive - Beckham 

David Beckham insists his move to LA Galaxy is not financially driven.

The 31-year-old will earn a reported £128m over five years after agreeing to leave Real Madrid for the Major League Soccer side at the end of the season.

The deal means Beckham will be earning 500 times more each week than most of his team-mates at Los Angeles.

But he said: "I didn't want to go there at 34 years old and for people to say he's only going for the money. It's not what I'm going out there to do."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6253613.stm for the rest of the story

Someone on the LA Galaxy board needs their ass kicking!  If money was not the incentive, then they should have been negotiating a lower figure.  Seriously bad money management there. Whistle

[ Last edit by Bevc January 12, 2007, 10:17 AM ] IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Beckham to move to LA « Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 09:33 AM »

A reporter this morning said he would be getting £70,000 a week, I'd love that for the year.
[ Last edit by KitKat January 12, 2007, 09:35 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Beckham to move to LA « Reply #19 on: January 12, 2007, 09:35 AM »

A reporter this morning said he would be getting £70,000 a week, I love that for the year.  Lucky b*****d.

Go and play footy in America - they're practically encouraging it at the moment - name your price - they're loaded!
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Beckham to move to LA « Reply #20 on: January 12, 2007, 09:36 AM »

Bev you pasted my quote and then I changed it, I thought a swear word at this time of the morning was too much  w00t
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Beckham to move to LA « Reply #21 on: January 12, 2007, 09:42 AM »

Bev you pasted my quote and then I changed it, I thought a swear word at this time of the morning was too much  w00t

Night time where I am lol

Just a thought - how would you feel if someone you worked with, doing a near enough similar job as you, was earning nearly 500 times more than you?  Think about it Think
[ Last edit by Bevc January 12, 2007, 09:43 AM ] IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Beckham to move to LA « Reply #22 on: January 12, 2007, 10:14 AM »

Hahaha Beckham saying soccer. Just imagine lmao
IP Logged
rafa
Grand Slam Champion

We have unlimited juice?This party is off the hook

Re: Beckham to move to LA « Reply #23 on: January 12, 2007, 05:08 PM »

Night time where I am lol

Just a thought - how would you feel if someone you worked with, doing a near enough similar job as you, was earning nearly 500 times more than you?  Think about it Think

exactly what I was thinking  Think

IP Logged
AL1874
Top Seed

What was I drinking last night?

Re: Beckham to move to LA « Reply #24 on: January 12, 2007, 05:13 PM »

I’d cripple the prima donna in training snakeman
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Re: Beckham to move to LA « Reply #25 on: January 12, 2007, 05:19 PM »

Hahaha Beckham saying soccer. Just imagine lmao

Nothing on the news channels this afternoon but that.... I heard him say it.... ugggghhh. yuk

I don't give a damn about Beckham, he bores me... I just hope the latest media frenzy will die down again soon.
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: Beckham to move to LA « Reply #26 on: January 13, 2007, 12:37 AM »

Okay... I can understand why some of you guys are being irate... And I'm not really a Beckham fan either... And NO TOMMY WE DID NOT LOSE HORRIBLY IN THE WORLD CUP!!! Nearly took down Italy with a 9 man squad... But that's not the point. The point is that yes, most of our players are awful, and the good guys are playing international football, but ultimately, LA Galaxy siging Becks will probably good for American Football. (yea I said it and he didn't Rolling Eyes )
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Beckham to move to LA « Reply #27 on: January 13, 2007, 12:43 AM »

LA Galaxy siging Becks will probably good for American Football. (yea I said it and he didn't Rolling Eyes )

Agree. Firstly the money is ridiculous.

And secondly all respects to FOOTBALL in the US of A, World Cup persuit was impressive but seems to me that it's only a commercial deal of getting a name like 'Beckham' involved.

Ah well, i really don't like him so no difference. Wink
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Beckham to move to LA « Reply #28 on: January 13, 2007, 12:45 AM »

Apparently, Mister Beckham earns 81 cents a second now...
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: Beckham to move to LA « Reply #29 on: January 13, 2007, 12:59 AM »

Oh yea. Of course it's only a commercial thing. But the national association (I don't know what it's called here) probably doesn't realize, that just the name and his looks alone (I know quite a few girls who fancy him) will draw so many more viewers. MLS has struggled a bit since it's inception, though certainly it's doing better than they ever expected. If a big name like that can bring any extra fans/inspired children, we'll be pretty well off in 15 years time...
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »