Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Reply
Author

Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership!

(Read 2706 times)
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership! « Reply #30 on: March 09, 2008, 08:53 PM »

At least when it comes to penalties. He never ceases to amaze me at his ability to stop them.

(way to bring up this ancient thing... Wink)

Was bored and browsing old threads!
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership! « Reply #31 on: March 09, 2008, 10:39 PM »

At least when it comes to penalties.

Mainly because he's pretty much on the edge of the 6 yard box before the kick is taken. In terms of the rules, that's illegal. But I have never once seen a ref call it up in a professional match. Reina is not the only one who does it of course, most of them do when it comes to penalty shootouts. but he is certainly the master of it, and I have never seen anyone as far off the line as he goes. Only time in my life I've ever seen a ref order a retake was the only time in my life I've personally done it! It was by accident really, and I can't have been more than a couple of inches in front, in fact I reckon my heels were still touching the line. I saved it, and he ordered a retake which of course scored. So every time a keeper gets away with it, it really gets my back up as it seems like I'm the only one ever to have got that decision against me! ranting
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership! « Reply #32 on: March 09, 2008, 11:02 PM »

Mainly because he's pretty much on the edge of the 6 yard box before the kick is taken. In terms of the rules, that's illegal. But I have never once seen a ref call it up in a professional match. Reina is not the only one who does it of course, most of them do when it comes to penalty shootouts. but he is certainly the master of it, and I have never seen anyone as far off the line as he goes. Only time in my life I've ever seen a ref order a retake was the only time in my life I've personally done it! It was by accident really, and I can't have been more than a couple of inches in front, in fact I reckon my heels were still touching the line. I saved it, and he ordered a retake which of course scored. So every time a keeper gets away with it, it really gets my back up as it seems like I'm the only one ever to have got that decision against me! ranting

I've seen respotted kicks when the keeper moved but ONLY if they managed to save it.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership! « Reply #33 on: March 10, 2008, 12:47 AM »

Well yeah of course it's only going to be respotted if saved. I just meant I haven't seen that. Some of the saves Reina has got away with are just ridiculous. Especially in that FA Cup final against West Ham.
But as I said, and before Mike starts saying I'm bitter about Liverpool again, it's not just him (he's just the best at it at the moment), they all do it. And why not if you're probably going to get away with it? I remember Dida winning a CL final a few years back with some pretty ridiculous ones too.
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership! « Reply #34 on: March 10, 2008, 03:45 PM »

But as I said, and before Mike starts saying I'm bitter about Liverpool again, it's not just him (he's just the best at it at the moment

Ahh the bitterness returns!  lol

I have seen quite a few penalties retaken because of it. I think in one game they made the player retake it 6 or 7 times. I think it was an African or Asian game. It was on Sky Sports News!

Anyway, Reina is good at saving penalties, but hes also one of the best keepers in general! Only Man Utd and Chelsea have conceded less goals! In fact had we not drawn 11 games, we would be right in the thick of things for the title.
[ Last edit by scotsman75 March 10, 2008, 03:48 PM ] IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership! « Reply #35 on: March 11, 2008, 09:02 AM »

Too many draws look like costing us the title too. We've only been beaten once, while United have lost 4 times. But assuiming they win their game in hand, a fair assumption as it's against Derby, they are ahead.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership! « Reply #36 on: March 18, 2008, 03:18 PM »

Its Petr Cech for me
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »