Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership!  (Read 2457 times)
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership! « Reply #15 on: May 12, 2006, 09:16 PM »

well of course you would pick him then...

No...

Jose Murinhio, in my opinion is the best manager of our era. And i hope you know by now what i think of Chelsea....  ranting
[ Last edit by top_spin March 09, 2008, 03:04 PM ] IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership! « Reply #16 on: May 12, 2006, 09:31 PM »

oh yes... i know what you think of chelsea...
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership! « Reply #17 on: May 13, 2006, 01:21 AM »

Jose Murinhio, in my opinion is the best manager of our era. And i hope you know by now what i think of Chelsea....  ranting

Don't really know what I think. Can't deny he is a good manager, but I also feel plenty of managers could win the league with his budget.
I wonder if he could have kept Sunderland in the Premiership on their budget.

As for the best goalkeeper. Always been a fan of Given. Definitely up there in the top few in Premiership history. Probably Schmeichel, Seaman and Given making up the top 3, not necessarily in that order.
As for the best this season, Lehmann obviously.....
[ Last edit by top_spin March 09, 2008, 03:05 PM ] IP Logged
arka
Re: Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership! « Reply #18 on: May 13, 2006, 01:23 AM »

Dont forget that he got Porto the Champions League. wink Anyway, I feel the best manager in that sense is Allardyce.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership! « Reply #19 on: May 13, 2006, 05:29 PM »

ACTUALLY, it wasn;t an opinion, it was fact. Given appears as the keeper in the Premiership Team of the Season. SO there :-p
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Re: Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership! « Reply #20 on: May 16, 2006, 02:12 PM »

Craig Gordon is the best goalkeeper in Britain though!
IP Logged
arka
Re: Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership! « Reply #21 on: May 16, 2006, 02:15 PM »

What do you mean?? The best British goalkeeper or the best one playing in Britain???

If you mean the best British Goalkeeper, can't deny it.

But have to say Cech is the best playing here.
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Re: Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership! « Reply #22 on: May 16, 2006, 02:20 PM »

Actually I'd forgotten about Cech, and to be honest Van de Sar is prob better as well. He's most definitely the best British goalkeeper but I would say he's just behind those two as being the best goalkeeper playing in Britain as well.
IP Logged
arka
Re: Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership! « Reply #23 on: May 16, 2006, 02:37 PM »

I'll say that Cech is better. VDS was better than Cech when he was in Ajax.

Cech reminds of Schmeichel.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership! « Reply #24 on: May 16, 2006, 07:22 PM »

hello!!! Premiership Team of the SEASON!!!!  Also Given ain't british. He's Irish.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership! « Reply #25 on: May 16, 2006, 10:24 PM »

Interesting prospect - but take his career at Porto - what he did with them is pretty unrepeatable.
Yes he's got one hell of a budget with Chelsea and Abromovich's riches but it's not like he's wasting the money on dozens of Europe's best players. He could hold a team of any sort.
[ Last edit by top_spin March 09, 2008, 03:06 PM ] IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Re: Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership! « Reply #26 on: May 16, 2006, 10:47 PM »

I think it's a bit excessive to say he's even the best manager in Britain yet though as people like Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger have been around a long time and done a lot. Think of what Alex Ferguson did at Aberdeen and then at Man U basically transforming both clubs from also rans into a dominant force domestically and challenging in Europe. Also I would say that a great manager has to get results, but also get his(/her?) team to play entertaining football eg/ Arsene Wengers unbeaten season, and I have never found any of Mourinho's teams entertaining to watch.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership! « Reply #27 on: May 16, 2006, 11:15 PM »

Actually, I also wonder if he could get Chelsea to a CL final.
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership! « Reply #28 on: March 09, 2008, 01:11 PM »

Reina without a doubt!
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership! « Reply #29 on: March 09, 2008, 07:53 PM »

Reina without a doubt!

At least when it comes to penalties. He never ceases to amaze me at his ability to stop them.

(way to bring up this ancient thing... Wink)
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »