Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Boxing... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 22 Go Down Reply
Author

Boxing...

(Read 14560 times)
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Boxing... « Reply #105 on: April 12, 2008, 11:40 AM »

Big night of boxing tonight.  First you've got Woods v Tarver then Cotto v Gomez and finally Cintron v Margarita!  Looking forward to it!
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Boxing... « Reply #106 on: April 13, 2008, 10:44 AM »

Woods lost and is considering quitting.
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Boxing... « Reply #107 on: April 19, 2008, 09:40 PM »

And the fight is almost here! Calzaghe v Hopkins!
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Boxing... « Reply #108 on: April 19, 2008, 09:43 PM »

Wish I could see it! Will be listening though!
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Boxing... « Reply #109 on: April 20, 2008, 12:23 PM »

Should have splashed out on Box Office, sounds like it was a good one.
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Boxing... « Reply #110 on: April 20, 2008, 06:24 PM »

Wasnt really. A very poor fight. Just a couple of moments that Calzaghe started to unleash, but then Cortez broke it up. Oh and Hopkins knocking Calzaghe down in the first. But Hopkins was such a joke. 3 times he complained of being low blowed. Once he was, but it just got annoying. He was just trying to disrupt Calzaghes rythm!
IP Logged
netcord
Top Seed

Miles who?

Re: Boxing... « Reply #111 on: April 22, 2008, 10:32 PM »

For those of us with council telly, BBC2 to show fight Sunday 27th at 12noon yay
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Boxing... « Reply #112 on: May 28, 2008, 05:05 PM »

Hatton v Lazcano was a pretty good fight. That Mexican took an absolute beating, but styaed up. Full respect to the man! Hatton took a good few punches aswell, and showed a great determination to stay on his feet. A couple of times I felt he was going to get sparked out. The only downside was that the atmosphere was really poor. You'd think that 55,000+ people would make some noise.

Malignaggi v Ndou was a really poor fight, and I actually thought Ndou ha done enough to win. SPlit decision from the judges, so it was close. Perhaps Paulie was thinking about his next fight with Hatton though. It was so funny when Paulie's hair was all over the place, and the ref made his team cut his dreads off during the break. I do like the guy, and think he is talented, so I'm hoping he can recover from his fractured hand in time for a end of year bout against Hatton.

Matthew Hatton lost his commonwealth bout and you have to wonder where his career goes from here. Ne's not a great boxer and is going to struggle for decent bouts after his brother retires.
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Boxing... « Reply #113 on: September 06, 2008, 11:22 PM »

Khan just knocked out in 1 min of first round by an absolute Bum.

Absolutely loving it. The idiot has been overhyped for 4 years now. and has just been smashed twice. I've been saying it for so long that  he's not good enough. And even in his first big fight for Sky. hahaha. The guys finished.
IP Logged
Seany-Bhoy
Challenger Level

Re: Boxing... « Reply #114 on: September 06, 2008, 11:37 PM »

I bet sky are wondering now, why the hell they paid so much to get the rights for his fights.  Haha, superb.  I cant stand him.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Boxing... « Reply #115 on: September 07, 2008, 12:48 AM »

Khan got knocked out?  Holy ****.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Boxing... « Reply #116 on: September 07, 2008, 12:49 AM »

I interviewed the world champion who was on the undercard.  Alex Arthur.  Did two epic interviews with him.  Gutted he lost to Nicky Cook tonight.
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Boxing... « Reply #117 on: September 07, 2008, 10:38 AM »

It was a shame that Alex lost. Nicky Cook is a good fighter though. Audley Harrison beat a fat midget on points. Harrison is a joke, he dosent deserve to be fighting on any ppv undercard. He got booed the whole time and the other guy got cheered by the Manchester crowd.
IP Logged
murray mad
ATP Level

flexible

Re: Boxing... « Reply #118 on: September 07, 2008, 10:42 AM »

Khan got knocked out?  Holy sh*t.
Well maybe it came at the right time cause khan was starting to get cocky and we did not need another naseem amhead for british boxing yeah amir is good but he needed that reality check last night.
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Boxing... « Reply #119 on: September 07, 2008, 10:53 AM »

Definitely, but it was so much more than a reality check. There must be serious doubts as to whether Khan can compete at the top. This Prescott, that battered him is ranked 109th in the world. Yes he's unbeaten but 9 of his wins have come against fighters who hadnt won a fight before. His record isnt great.

Only the other day, Khan was talking about how he wanted to rule the lightweight division then move onto Light Welter. If he cant beat some guy that was picked to lose by Warren and Sky then how can he compete with the Campbells, Diaz's. It';s a good thing that Pacqiao is moving up weights or he would destry Khan. Also Kahn spoke of fighting Hatton - roflmao
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 22 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »