Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Boxing... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 22 Go Down Reply
Author

Boxing...

(Read 14383 times)
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Boxing... « Reply #15 on: December 18, 2006, 01:13 PM »

I really like boxing, yes it's extremely dangerous, but theres idiots that do UFC and K1. Which is far worse, at least in boxing if it gets out of hand someone will stop the fight, whether it be the ref or trainer.  I really dislike Amir Khan, he's far too cocky and arrogant. I didnt like Naseem either.
I like Hatton, he comes to Tenerife all the time, in fact, most boxers come over here. We have excellent training facilities. Lewis trained here before his fight with Iron Mike  and so did Bruno in the early 90's. I think Naseem still owns a gym here as well.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Boxing... « Reply #16 on: December 18, 2006, 05:04 PM »

Is he arrogant really?

From the videos of him out of the ring, he seems quite down to earth and normal. Surely in the ring and the lead up to it, you have to be arrogant, it's part of the game?
[ Last edit by Mark December 18, 2006, 05:04 PM ] IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Boxing... « Reply #17 on: December 18, 2006, 06:03 PM »

I suppose arrogancy plays a part in their persona but boxing is so organised now. By that I mean he could fight another 50 guys and not one of them will have a chance in hell of beating him, because they are picked by Frank Warren, so that he has a good undefeated record.  And because of this, he acts like his **** dont stink.  When he fights someone who is very good, then I'll be impressed, untill then, no!

Also he's very cocky and puts his guard down, sticks his chin out and taunts the other guy. Do this to a serious contender and he'll get knocked out. I think he tries to be like Naseem in this sense. He was a showoff too.

Thats why I like Ricky Hatton, he just gets into the ring , no fuss. And then he knocks the crap out of some heavy hitters!
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Boxing... « Reply #18 on: December 18, 2006, 07:55 PM »

Also he's very cocky and puts his guard down, sticks his chin out and taunts the other guy. Do this to a serious contender and he'll get knocked out. I think he tries to be like Naseem in this sense. He was a showoff too.

But until his one loss, he kinda earned the right to be cocky.

I like Hatton and Calzaghe. Both top fighters.
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Boxing... « Reply #19 on: December 18, 2006, 11:41 PM »

But until his one loss, he kinda earned the right to be cocky.

Why??? If I entered the world of professional boxing and beat 10 guys that each only had one arm and one leg. Have I earned the right to be cocky? No. And Khan hasnt beaten anyone really credible yet!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Boxing... « Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 01:30 AM »

Why??? If I entered the world of professional boxing and beat 10 guys that each only had one arm and one leg. Have I earned the right to be cocky? No. And Khan hasnt beaten anyone really credible yet!
If all that is true then that is really lame... He should join Rios in the almost cheating club.
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Boxing... « Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 12:47 PM »

If all that is true then that is really lame... He should join Rios in the almost cheating club.

Its always the way nowadays. Khan is a huge name (because he did so well at the Olympics) and will earn millions in his career. Money grabbing agents like Frank Warren are taking advantage of this, and so Khan is only useful when he has a good undefeated record. So Warren picks his fights with much thought. He dosen't want someone that will beat Khan but at the same time make Khan look good.

But he did do brilliant at the Olympics, I admit I cheered him on then and for the first few of his professional fights, but now its boring! I guess it should be Warren I dislike and not Khan, but he's just so damn sure of himself as the greatest. Maybe in a few years, when he's beaten the best guys, I'll be a fan of his.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Boxing... « Reply #22 on: December 20, 2006, 09:54 PM »

U
Its always the way nowadays. Khan is a huge name (because he did so well at the Olympics) and will earn millions in his career. Money grabbing agents like Frank Warren are taking advantage of this, and so Khan is only useful when he has a good undefeated record. So Warren picks his fights with much thought. He dosen't want someone that will beat Khan but at the same time make Khan look good.

But he did do brilliant at the Olympics, I admit I cheered him on then and for the first few of his professional fights, but now its boring! I guess it should be Warren I dislike and not Khan, but he's just so damn sure of himself as the greatest. Maybe in a few years, when he's beaten the best guys, I'll be a fan of his.
I don't like the way boxing can be organised like that, players should have to be given their fights by some sort of system... surely this would be better for the spectators as well...
IP Logged
XCW4EVA
Challenger Level

Re: Boxing... « Reply #23 on: December 21, 2006, 01:04 AM »

Surely it would be better if boxing was more like wrestling, i can imagine it now

Khan wins by DQ coz he got hit with a steel shair, far more entertaining.
Jokes
:-)
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Boxing... « Reply #24 on: December 21, 2006, 08:28 AM »

roflmao Ahh, I remember wrestling. Haven't watched it for years.
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Boxing... « Reply #25 on: December 24, 2006, 12:53 PM »

Far better!

Also Rocky VI is a really good movie. Go see it when it comes out in the UK!!!
[ Last edit by scotsman75 December 24, 2006, 12:54 PM ] IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Boxing... « Reply #26 on: November 03, 2007, 11:53 PM »

CALZAGHE v KESSLER IN LESS THAN 2 HOURS! Listen LIVE on RADIO FIVE!

This promises to be one hell of a match up! 3 World Titles are on the line.... I'm off looking for a stream and i might try and see if I can set up Setanta for one night only! lol Anyone watching?
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Boxing... « Reply #27 on: November 04, 2007, 01:32 AM »

HERE WE GO! CALZAGHE opens with a flyer, Kessler standing back.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Boxing... « Reply #28 on: November 04, 2007, 01:39 AM »

"nd round defo Kessler's, sounds like a good fight! Wish I was watching it! This is as bad as watching Live score!

Kessler down in the 3rd! Ref says it was a slip though.... ARGH! I WANNA SEE IT!
[ Last edit by nkp2 November 04, 2007, 01:40 AM ] IP Logged
AL1874
Top Seed

What was I drinking last night?

Re: Boxing... « Reply #29 on: November 04, 2007, 01:45 AM »

For people overseas the five live stream has been blocked but you can get it on radio Scotland Smile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainframe.shtml?http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/scotland.shtml
[ Last edit by AL1874 November 04, 2007, 01:49 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 22 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »