Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Monday, LIVE - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Cricket Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 98 Go Down Reply
Author

Cricket Thread

(Read 48254 times)
arka
Cricket Thread « on: February 26, 2006, 08:53 AM »

Hello everyone, I thought about having a cricket thread. The England and Wales (Don’t call them just “England”) are touring India and have a very tough task. I will obviously supporting E&W.

Do anyone else of you watch cricket? If so whom do you support and who are your favourite players?

I’ll start-

Teams- England & Wales, Scotland (If they play), Ireland (If they play), also follow Hampshire.

Players- Kevin Pietersen (He is amazing), Freddie, Collingwood. Also like Mike Hussey (Although he is Aussie).
[ Last edit by Mark June 19, 2007, 12:59 PM ] IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Cricket « Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 10:24 AM »

Just hope England can play better than against Pakistan.  Bad start with Trescothick alreday gone home.  Domestically I follow Essex, but haven't seen them. Last cricket match I went to was Twenty20 last year - Hampshire v Kent.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Cricket « Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 01:41 PM »

Obsiously support England!! notworthy Last summer was amazing!!!

My favorite player is Kevin Pietersen but unfortunatley i've never been to see "live" cricket.  no and im also warming to Simon Jones!  goodjob

this is what it's all about  wub 

[ Last edit by top_spin July 24, 2007, 09:53 AM ] IP Logged
arka
Cricket « Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 04:30 PM »

I knew you would post top spin. I cannot go to see E&W play as there are no matches in Calcutta this time. But I will try to get tickets if E&W play here in the Champions Trophy in October.

Its gonna be really tough here because its so hot out here. Where as in Britain you guys are having temperatures of less than 8 degree centigrades, we are getting over 35 degrees out here!
IP Logged
arka
Cricket « Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 04:38 PM »

GREAT PICTURE top spin saved it...
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Cricket « Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 04:44 PM »

Quote from: arka
Its gonna be really tough here because its so hot out here. Where as in Britain you guys are having temperatures of less than 8 degree centigrades, we are getting over 35 degrees out here!

Haha well this summer it was about 20 degrees.. but yes over 35 is tough, especially in the cricket gear. Going to be tough for the  boys. Frown

Yea i love the second one. Very Happy
[ Last edit by top_spin July 24, 2007, 09:49 AM ] IP Logged
arka
Cricket « Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 04:59 PM »

Quote from: top_spin

Haha well this summer it was about 20 degrees.. but yes over 35 is tough, especially in the cricket gear. Going to be tough for the  boys. Frown

Yea i love the second one. Very Happy

20 degrees! we get that here in January1
[ Last edit by top_spin July 24, 2007, 09:50 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Cricket « Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 06:30 PM »

My girls have been to Headingley a couple of times to see England play and have played on the pitch at lunch time - quick cricket, with their cricket team.  All very exciting stuff.  England are having a bit of a bad time of it at the moment, health wise, so I hope that things start to improve for them soon.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Cricket « Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 06:32 PM »

I dont understand cricket so I dont bother with it but I thought the Ashes was thrilling
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Cricket « Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 06:36 PM »

Quote from: "Sir Panda"
I dont understand cricket so I dont bother with it but I thought the Ashes was thrilling

I was like that with rugby union and tennis but the more you watch it, the more you understand it.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Cricket « Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 11:55 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/4754004.stm

Not looking good injury wise.

Freddies captaining the team, but it means that he has to stay out there the whole time, so he'll miss the birth of mini-freddie no. 2 no

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/4755002.stm
IP Logged
arka
Cricket « Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 12:23 PM »

Terrible times for E&W but if Pietersen strikes...... we can beat anyone on any day.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Cricket « Reply #12 on: February 27, 2006, 12:40 PM »

Was going to make a comment along the lines of 'ah yes, Pieterson, that well known Englishman'....but fair play to him, he played a blinder during the Ashes. Smile All about the inclusivity.
IP Logged
Dazza
Junior

Cricket « Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 12:44 PM »

I'm a big Cricket fan - it's the only sport that I actually want England to win !!!! Whistle
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Cricket « Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 04:55 PM »

Just hope Ali Cook can reproduce the form he has shown for Essex.  Already has a double century to his name against the Aussies.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 98 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »