Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Today, 12:00 Midnight BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Cricket Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 98 Go Down Reply
Author

Cricket Thread

(Read 48115 times)
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Cricket « Reply #45 on: March 02, 2006, 08:02 AM »

very happy for Colly, 134 not out to give us something to defend, top stuff.
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Cricket « Reply #46 on: March 02, 2006, 04:53 PM »

Shame about the bowling.  Looked promising when I left at 22/1, shame about the end score,  will need to get a few early wickets to stand a chance of winning the match.
IP Logged
leeroy18
Futures Level

winning ugly

Cricket « Reply #47 on: March 02, 2006, 05:17 PM »

yea, england will need a few wickets in the morning to have a chance of winning goodjob
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Cricket « Reply #48 on: March 02, 2006, 05:54 PM »

What was the end score.. I left on 15/1.
IP Logged
arka
Cricket « Reply #49 on: March 02, 2006, 05:58 PM »

I have good news, ask me "what?"...
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Cricket « Reply #50 on: March 02, 2006, 06:02 PM »

Haha... What?
IP Logged
arka
Cricket « Reply #51 on: March 02, 2006, 06:09 PM »

If you are a cricket fan you will like it: Its raining mad in Nagpur and play should not start on time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAHA
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Cricket « Reply #52 on: March 02, 2006, 06:20 PM »

I don' think we should be playing for the draw just yet.
IP Logged
arka
Cricket « Reply #53 on: March 02, 2006, 06:24 PM »

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww Josh who said draw!!! Rain should help England! India are better at playing a long innings ,so they may get out if they try to score quickly. Not just you Josh,even I think of the best possibilities!
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Cricket « Reply #54 on: March 02, 2006, 07:01 PM »

Well I didn't think of that.  Hopefully Freddie and co. can come out and knock them over quickly.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Cricket « Reply #55 on: March 03, 2006, 01:01 AM »

Quote from: "invisibleman18"
Quote from: "arka"
They have football but only people under age of 23 are allowed. Britain cant compete as the footballing nations are diff. as in Eng, Wal, Sco, N Ire.

We might get a team in the 2012 London games though, it is being discussed I believe. We could actually have a Britain football team in every games, I think both FIFA and IOC have no problem with it .Problem is the Scots don't want anything to do with it, I read that apparently playing for Britain will "take away their scottish identity," or something along those lines. I guess that means scottish runners and swimmers and everyone else wouldn't want to compete for Great Britain either then?
IMO its pathetic if we can't have a football team in the olympics, if its allowed then why not?

Back on topic, poor first day, although certainly not unexpected. Hope collingwood can keep it going for a while and get us to a defendable 1st innings total.

The main reason is that the other Football associations of Britain believe that selecting a team will be very difficult. This is due to England being a much higher ranked side and better overall. Yet how do you choose between the top players in each national team? It is likely the majority would be english (which is fair enough since england is the biggest nation) but as much as i would love to see Britain competing, you would lose national identity, as the british side would pretty much be the english side. It's just a very complex issue. IF it can be resolved great, but there is lilkely to be alot of complaints from fans.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Cricket « Reply #56 on: March 03, 2006, 01:04 AM »

True - its one of the few sports where a genuine national identity remains on the international stage.
So Wales and Scotland leave a little bit to be desired...I'd rather support a rubbish team made of people I support than a conglomerate of players heavily biased towards the English. Of course, I'll support England in tournaments where Wales aren't playing (i.e. the final stages of ALL of them), but its about keeping the old rivalries going!!
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Cricket « Reply #57 on: March 03, 2006, 04:02 AM »

Thats true, but then they could make some sort of rule so that the squad must contain at least x number of players from each country, or something of that nature. It would be sad not to have a team.
And even if it is mostly English players, I don't see the difference between that and all British fans supporting say, a coxless 4 rowing crew all made up of 1 nationality, or made up of 2 and not the other 2. They are still competing under the British flag IMO and not to have a team in our home olympics would be very sad IMO.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Cricket « Reply #58 on: March 03, 2006, 06:28 AM »

Come on!
Great start to the day, 184-6 now India. Hoggard has taken 3 more today, Panesar got Tendulker and Freddie has just taken one.
Great stuff.
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Cricket « Reply #59 on: March 03, 2006, 11:15 AM »

in winter olympic curling the team that was representing the women was made only of scottish people...
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 98 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »