Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Cricket Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 Go Down Reply
Author

Cricket Thread

(Read 48052 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Cricket Thread « Reply #1425 on: March 19, 2013, 01:36 AM »

We have sunshine now.  Heavy showers overnight and a bit windy but at least it's dry!  Seddon Park not a lucky ground for England cricket anyhow. 

Let's hope that the weather holds for Auckland then crossfingers
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Cricket Thread « Reply #1426 on: March 19, 2013, 02:21 AM »

Forecast is for sunny the first 4 days then rain on day 5 at the moment. So we can probably forecast another dead road of a pitch and a draw!
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Cricket Thread « Reply #1427 on: July 09, 2013, 11:18 PM »

The Ashes is here. Really fired up for this. The first Ashes in my lifetime that we've been massive favourites but that just makes me more nervous to be honest. You never underestimate an Australian sports team and I think it will be a lot closer than people are saying. Can see it going down to the 5th test. I also think it will be a reasonably low scoring series. I'm not massively worried about any of their batsmen but Clarke and am very confident in our bowlers, but am worried about their bowling attack which seems to be developing into a force. Bring it on!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Cricket Thread « Reply #1428 on: July 11, 2013, 02:02 AM »

Went to bed, 11.30, 1 wicket down.  wtf happened after that? fainting
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Cricket Thread « Reply #1429 on: July 11, 2013, 09:35 PM »

blink doh

Get yer finger out lads! cmon yeah
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Cricket Thread « Reply #1430 on: July 11, 2013, 10:37 PM »

Good partnership from our 2 best batsmen that was desperately needed. If one of them had gone early I think that would have been game over and 1-0 Australia. As I said, never underestimate Australia and never overestimate England. Pretty evenly poised now. A couple of early wickets for Australia and they should win, but if these 2 can bat through to lunch then we'll be able to set up a strong position with a reasonable amount of batting still to come with bell, Prior and Bairstow.

Can't help feeling absolutely gutted for Agar. What an incredible innings. Was looking good at 117-9, very close to game over but noone expected their number 11 to be a proper middle order batsman. He won't be staying down there for long that's for sure!

How many do we need then?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Cricket Thread « Reply #1431 on: July 11, 2013, 11:02 PM »

I heard Beefy saying that only reason Agar was 11 was because he was 19 and he was a debutant but certainly looking like an all rounder.

Phil Tuffnell talking about 260 but I'm thinking 300+.  I don't want the Aussies to have first blood. naughty
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Cricket Thread « Reply #1432 on: July 11, 2013, 11:39 PM »

Yeah had a look at his stats and he alrady had three 50s in his 10 first class matches so he's a proper bastman. I'm thinking close to 300 lead minimum.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Cricket Thread « Reply #1433 on: July 12, 2013, 02:21 AM »

Lets hope they can pull the rabbit out of the hat then crossfingers
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Cricket Thread « Reply #1434 on: July 13, 2013, 07:52 AM »

Tickets for the Australia series at the end of the year go on sale this week. Looking at going over for a couple of days of the Boxing Day test with my brother. Always been a dream of ours to go to an Ashes test so now we've both got money and no dependents we may aswell do it. Could be 2 trips to Melbourne within a few weeks as I'm also going for the Australian Open in January!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Cricket Thread « Reply #1435 on: July 15, 2013, 02:09 AM »

Tickets for the Australia series at the end of the year go on sale this week. Looking at going over for a couple of days of the Boxing Day test with my brother. Always been a dream of ours to go to an Ashes test so now we've both got money and no dependents we may aswell do it. Could be 2 trips to Melbourne within a few weeks as I'm also going for the Australian Open in January!

Sounds FAB Alex!  You should try and go Boxing Day itself - I hear that 60,000+ fans tend to go that day!  You can check out the tennis grounds as you pass yes

Back to this test series - not the result I was expecting this morning.  I'm ashamed to say that I thought England had blown it when they broke for lunch sorry  And some say cricket is boring nah
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Cricket Thread « Reply #1436 on: July 15, 2013, 04:11 AM »

We'll see, up to my brother to decide and let me know. Possibly not Boxing Day itself though, most likely looking at 28th and 29th which would be the weekend as my brother may try and work over the Xmas/New Year time to save most of his leave for later.

Anyway what a fantastic match that was and a big relief to get that last wicket. Should be a great series.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Cricket Thread « Reply #1437 on: July 15, 2013, 09:25 AM »

Sounds FAB Alex!  You should try and go Boxing Day itself - I hear that 60,000+ fans tend to go that day!  You can check out the tennis grounds as you pass yes

Back to this test series - not the result I was expecting this morning.  I'm ashamed to say that I thought England had blown it when they broke for lunch sorry  And some say cricket is boring nah
I thought they'd blown it too Bev and let's face it....15 points....talk about winning by the skin of their teeth! I've always found cricket boring.....apart from the Ashes [I'm terribly proud of my nationality], but I might have to learn to like it in future, as my grandson has just taken it up!  w00t
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Cricket Thread « Reply #1438 on: July 15, 2013, 10:26 PM »

I thought they'd blown it too Bev and let's face it....15 points....talk about winning by the skin of their teeth! I've always found cricket boring.....apart from the Ashes [I'm terribly proud of my nationality], but I might have to learn to like it in future, as my grandson has just taken it up!  w00t

Runs. Wink Smile

There's very few things in life better than a good test match like that. Smile
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Cricket Thread « Reply #1439 on: July 16, 2013, 05:07 AM »

Runs. Wink Smile

There's very few things in life better than a good test match like that. Smile
  doh  lmao
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »