Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Delhi 2010 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

Delhi 2010

(Read 1198 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Delhi 2010 « Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 02:56 PM »

Brilliant, Tom Daley and his partner have gold in the synchronised 10 metre event and Tom goes in the individual event on Wednesday. He's a super young man as well as a brilliant diver. As his body is not yet fully grown he has been practising the most difficult dives with great care - there are four of them he can now attempt but he will feature only two in this competition as he injured his shoulder earlier in the year and needs to be careful - an injury now could affect him for ever. Good luck for tomorrow Tom - we'll be watching our Plymouth boy with great interest.
Magnificent achievement for Tom and his partner.  He's a great kid and I was deeply upset after the Olympics when he had to move school because of bullying.  What's up with some kids?  When I was at school we applauded other pupil's achievements, however small.  Good luck tomorrow too, Tom.

Also good luck to Scotland's Susan Egelstaff for reaching the SF of the badminton singles.  She won a bronze in 2006 so hopefully can better that this time.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Delhi 2010 « Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 07:01 AM »

Turns out that a couple of the games medalists for New Zealand live in the same town as me (though more likely that I live in the same town as them!).  One of tshe ladies doubles squash champions, Joelle King and the middle distance silver medalist Nikki Hamblin.  trophy  The rowing champions will be decsending on us next as its the world rowing championships at Lake Karipiro - 5 minutes down the road from me.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Delhi 2010 « Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 07:04 PM »

^^ Afraid I sort of lost interest in the CG after the tennis finished, probably because there was Beijing and Shanghai to distract attention.

However looking at the final table of gold medals -

England with 37 came 3rd behind India's 38
Scotland won 9, N Ireland 3 and Wales 2

So well done the Home Nations. yay
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »