Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  EURO 2008 QUALIFICATION 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 62 Go Down Reply
Author

EURO 2008 QUALIFICATION

(Read 25913 times)
murrays_mint
Seed

MW Prediction & Fantasy League Champion 06/07

Re: EURO 2008 QUALIFICATION « Reply #30 on: October 07, 2006, 08:01 PM »

what a performance. we rode our luck at times but you need that to win the big matches

as andrew said well done walter smith, tommy burns, ally mccoist and the rest of the coaching staff for bringing pride back to the national team.
IP Logged
crookshanks
Challenger Level

Re: EURO 2008 QUALIFICATION « Reply #31 on: October 07, 2006, 09:30 PM »

Well done Scotland!  w00t
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: EURO 2008 QUALIFICATION « Reply #32 on: October 07, 2006, 09:57 PM »

dismal performance

If only it was as good as dismal. That might have been good enough.

Can't think of a word for it, pathetic might come closest. Worse than anything under Sven, and that's saying something. There was just no desire to win, no urgency, no nothing. We only started creating a couple of chances after 85 minutes when the guys suddenly realised "you know, we better start getting near that goal tbh..."
Credit to Macedonia for havin a go rather than parking a bus in front of the goal. Downing is crap. Certainly not an international player and you could see the difference when Wright-Phillips came on. He's also not exactly top class, but immediately got himself a great scoring chance that just lacked the finish, and not long after went on a run and beat 3 players, setting up Gerrard to hit the bar. Downing has done absolutely nothing in any game since a couple of assists against Greece. He will probably remain 1st name on the teamsheet for the rest of McLaren's reign though unfortunately. Can't understand why the tactics were so cautious against a team we should be putting a hatful past. If we'd started and played mos of the the game like we played the last 5 minutes we would've won 6-0.
The most disappointing thing is now we need to win in Croatia. If we had won this won as we should have, a draw in Croatia in mid week would have been all we needed to bring home. Need 3 points there now.
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 October 07, 2006, 10:03 PM ] IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: EURO 2008 QUALIFICATION « Reply #33 on: October 07, 2006, 09:59 PM »

that really sucks.... bad.... wouldn't be the first time we've played horribly though... Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: EURO 2008 QUALIFICATION « Reply #34 on: October 07, 2006, 10:08 PM »

My god England are rubbish!  Some guy at work actually put a bet on for England to win 9-0!
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: EURO 2008 QUALIFICATION « Reply #35 on: October 07, 2006, 10:33 PM »

9-0? that hasn't happened in international competition (that i know of) since the 30s or 40s... (i've read tons of football history)
IP Logged
rochelle
Top Seed

Andy and Jamie

Re: EURO 2008 QUALIFICATION « Reply #36 on: October 07, 2006, 10:41 PM »

wales- meh ... scotland -  clap and England were awful, i cant belive im going to say this coz i dont really like him that much but we need Beckham , there were no quality crosses today . Thats the element that we are missing and thats what David Beckham brings to the team
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: EURO 2008 QUALIFICATION « Reply #37 on: October 07, 2006, 10:53 PM »

I don't think we necessairly need Beckham. More we need wingers who will run at fullbacks and beat them. Downing doesn't have the ability to do it, and as soon as Wright-Phillips came on on the left, we produced more. Gerrard can run at players, but he is wasted out on the right. He needs to be in the middle, Lampard dropped and Lennon on the left when back fit.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: EURO 2008 QUALIFICATION « Reply #38 on: October 07, 2006, 11:50 PM »

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSS

VICTORY! WOOO!  yay partyman woohoo tango thumb up superman trophy dance band bounce bigarmhug bigbounce jump toot clapping kicking goodjob toast cheerleaders 2 man down notworthy mexicanwave bounce_everyone jumping-w00t bounce_everyone cheerleaders toast toot band partyman :supz: tango trophy

(can you tell i'm happy?)

I was in a pub/restaurant when the final whistle went! - Well the restaraunt bit with my gran and mum, the pub section next door was packed! I wanted to leave the table and wathc the footy! Heard the goal on the radio in the car and i nearly put my hands through the roof! WOOOO!

We'll be expecting 3 points on wednesday. But 1 will be good too! 3 points clear at the top! WOOO!
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: EURO 2008 QUALIFICATION « Reply #39 on: October 07, 2006, 11:51 PM »

Also ......... hahaha england drew with macedonia....and from the highlights macedonia looked like they could have won it.... haha
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: EURO 2008 QUALIFICATION « Reply #40 on: October 07, 2006, 11:55 PM »

! Heard the goal on the radio in the car and i nearly put my hands through the roof! WOOOO!

You did the same as me then. lol Wink
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: EURO 2008 QUALIFICATION « Reply #41 on: October 08, 2006, 12:56 AM »

Firstly this fabby report on the Match

Secondly look who's first mentioned under the "Sport's Section"

GOOOO SCOTLAND!!
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: EURO 2008 QUALIFICATION « Reply #42 on: October 08, 2006, 10:54 AM »

9-0? that hasn't happened in international competition (that i know of) since the 30s or 40s... (i've read tons of football history)

Germany beat San Marino 13-0 last month!

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/EURO/FixturesResults/Round=2241/match=83623/index.html
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: EURO 2008 QUALIFICATION « Reply #43 on: October 08, 2006, 11:10 AM »

The problem that England have is that they made a mistake appointing MacLaren. He was assistant to Sven for how many years? Now we all know that Sven was pretty useless tactically, but Mac was there too, he would of had some imput into team selection and tactics. He must have done! Also when you bring someone new in, they can get the team fired up by doing different things. But when you watched matches last year, Mac was doing all the talking, not Sven, so nothing has changed! 

England should have appointed someone new, not the guy who was Sven's other half!
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: EURO 2008 QUALIFICATION « Reply #44 on: October 08, 2006, 11:47 AM »

Exactly. Never should have been Mclaren.
Thinking about the match in a less pis*** off state now, it was plainly obvious that we thought we'd won just by turning up. That's why there was no urgency or energy until about the 85th minute when we suddenly realised we actually needed to play and score in order to win.
A win here and then a draw in Croatia would have left us sitting pretty nicely. Now an extremely difficult win away in Croatia is necessary. This week should have been 4 points from 6 without too much trouble. Now it's looking like it will be 1 from 6.

Just to clarify something if anyone knows for sure. 2nd goes into a playoff right? But best 2nd place gets in automatically? That's the way it's always been but then ESPN commentary today mentioned 2nd getting in automatically which surely can't be true. ESPN don't have a lot of credibility tbh. Anyone know for sure? Have the rules changed this time perhaps? Or are ESPN wrong again?
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 October 08, 2006, 11:49 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 62 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »