Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  EURO 2008 QUALIFICATION 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 [62] Go Down Reply
Author

EURO 2008 QUALIFICATION

(Read 25566 times)
Iain
Futures Level

Re: EURO 2008 QUALIFICATION « Reply #915 on: November 24, 2007, 03:56 AM »

You're right Alex. Well argued. Arsenal play great football so do Man U. I should have made that distinction. I think Wenger said something recently ,or implied, that he had to go for continental players because the British ones just weren't technically good enough.

I don't think O'Neil's very good either. Rubbish quality football. There's a brilliant article by Karen giles inthe Herald today. she writes for the telegraph (Friday's edition) talking about the technical deficiencies in the England team. She quotes, i think Venables who apparently said to Mclaren at half time "Make tactical changes to counter the ones Russia are going to make" Mclaren replied "What's the point, they wouldn't be able to play to them" meaning the players. Sorry if I misquote, but it was along those lines.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: EURO 2008 QUALIFICATION « Reply #916 on: November 24, 2007, 03:58 AM »

If that's true then that's absolutely pathetic. And more to the point, why were said tactics not practised extensively in the build up to the game?
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 November 24, 2007, 03:58 AM ] IP Logged
Iain
Futures Level

Re: EURO 2008 QUALIFICATION « Reply #917 on: November 24, 2007, 04:00 AM »

To be fair, part of the technical stuff comes down to climate. In hotter climates you can't play at full tempo for 90 minutes so you have to have slower build ups looking for a probing pass etc.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: EURO 2008 QUALIFICATION « Reply #918 on: November 25, 2007, 01:20 PM »

your not even english!!! what you on about??

so what Im not english?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 [62] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »