MurraysWorld  >  Sports Talk  >  Euro 2012
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9 Reply

Euro 2012

Perhaps Scots do not comment as they have no interest and like Andy who made a comment which was taken out of context.

That's the reason I wouldn't comment.  

I want the Czechs out asap. I'm a huge Barca fan so I'm backing Spain. If England do well then it's great for their fans but I'm not fussed either way.  

I wonder how often Andy will be asked about football this week.
IP Logged

Perhaps Scots do not comment as they have no interest and like Andy who made a comment which was taken out of context.

Perhaps you're just too bitter. Very Happy
IP Logged

Kuba just cost me £100. Had Dzagoev and 1-0 Russia.

Pure ragin'.
IP Logged

Think it's become quite evident why Ireland haven't qualified for one of these things for 10 years.
IP Logged
Geo

Italy find themselves in the same position they were in the 2004 Euros . 

If Spain and Croatia draw 2-2 then Italy are out even if they beat Republic of Ireland 3-0.  This is because Spain and Croatia will have scored more goals in the games between the three of them.  Two 1-1 draws for Italy and a 2-2 draw between Spain and Croatia.

If the Spain V Croatia game ends 1-1 then Italy will have to win 3-0 to go through on group goal difference or 3-1 to go through on the UEFA national team coefficient ranking system as they are above Croatia in that.

In Euro 2004 Sweden and Denmark drew 2-2 in the final round of matches as the 3 of them finished on 5 points.  Italy went out because they only scored 1 goal in the two matches against Sweden and Denmark.  A
1-1 draw against Sweden and a 0-0 draw with Denmark.  All three of them beat Bulgaria.

IP Logged

Presumably Spain and Croatia will pass the ball around for a draw and both go through.
IP Logged
Geo

Presumably Spain and Croatia will pass the ball around for a draw and both go through.

It could happen but Spain will want to win the game I reckon. 
IP Logged

A friend of mine sent me this text tonight.

"I'm watching the Spain match and Messi isn't playing.  I don't think he's even on the bench. What's going on?"

IP Logged

lol

Starting to look like Greece will be exiting the Euros about the same time they exit the Euro isn't it?
IP Logged

roflmao

Will be up to watch the England game (pure coincidence really - waving youngest daughter off to Ruapehu for 4 months).

I see that some UK newspapers are reporting that Andy Carroll will be starting as Sweeden are vulnerable in the air.
IP Logged

Hope England is going to attack right from the start. Sweden has a good attacking line, but their defence is quite bad.
IP Logged

roflmao

I see that some UK newspapers are reporting that Andy Carroll will be starting as Sweeden are vulnerable in the air.

Really? Mellberg is a colossus. Granqvist isn't exactly poor in the air either. I thought Welbeck played well against France and deserves to start up front. I'd say Sweden's back four lack pace, Welbeck would thrive against the two names I mentioned.
IP Logged

Something about the goals they've conceded have been headers recently dontknow
IP Logged

Indeed. Sheva scored 2 headers in the 2-1 win. But that was more down to agility in the box (slow, static Swedish defenders) and clinical finishing, rather than towering headers. Shevchenko is only 6 ft, he's not really a target man.

Shevcheeeeeeeeeeeenko.
IP Logged

Not too long to wait and see if the tactic pays off.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9 Reply