Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Euro 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Reply
Author

Euro 2012

(Read 2809 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #60 on: June 15, 2012, 08:42 PM »

Egg on me face.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #61 on: June 15, 2012, 09:21 PM »

Egg on England's face. doh

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #62 on: June 15, 2012, 09:24 PM »

I can see Alex jumping up at this very moment! Cracking goal from Theo.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #63 on: June 15, 2012, 09:55 PM »

Theo changed the game for England that 2nd half. clap
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #64 on: June 15, 2012, 10:25 PM »

Well done England exciting game. yay
IP Logged
tomthoms
Murraymaniac

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #65 on: June 15, 2012, 11:23 PM »

Game of the tournament! Sorry to see Sweden go! I thought they played a good yin. Henrik Larsson would have won it for them.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #66 on: June 15, 2012, 11:51 PM »

I can see Alex jumping up at this very moment! Cracking goal from Theo.

Hard to remember the last time I got to celebrate an Arsenal player scoring for England (given the Croatia game when he scored a hattrick wasn't broadcast here so I didn't see it). Probably Sol Campbell also against Swedend at the 2002 World Cup is the last I can think of. Makes a change from having to celebrate people I absolutely hate like Rooney or Terry.

Anyway if there was any doubt that Walcott should be in the side instead of Milner I think it was silenced with his first touch and well and truly obliterated with his second involvement. Aside from the open goal miss in the first few minutes against France, can anybody remember anything else Milner did in the previous 150 minutes? There are very few players in the squad who can actually make things happen but Theo is certainly one of them. Should have been a 2nd assist too if Gerrard had left that cross for Chamberlain. However as we now only need a draw in the last game I think Hodgson will stick with the same, with Rooney coming in for Carroll.
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #67 on: June 16, 2012, 12:01 AM »

I truly think Richards would make a much better job then Johnson. With Richards, Roy wouldn't be obligated to start Milner as a help on the right side of the defence and walcott could bring much more pace in the transformation from the defence to the offence. Young didn't have a good game either. All in all, England can't afford to concede 2 goals in one game. The best part of this team has to be their defence, if they rely on playing this kind of football and they need to improve on that.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #68 on: June 16, 2012, 12:15 AM »

Game of the tournament! Sorry to see Sweden go! I thought they played a good yin. Henrik Larsson would have won it for them.

Hail Hail King Henke
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #69 on: June 16, 2012, 12:29 AM »

It's absolutely ridiculous Richards isn't in the team. Not only is he the best English right back, he's the best right back in the league too and plays for the title winning side. I've heard he's supposed to be some kind of git with bad attitude that they don't like - last to arrive and first to leave training sort of thing. But then they sided with Terry over Ferdinand so who knows?

Heard a good comment the other day. Martin Kelly's selection wasn't just an insult to Rio Ferdinand. It was an insult to Anton Ferdinand too who should also be ahead of him. "Football reasons" apparently.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #70 on: June 16, 2012, 12:35 AM »

Thought Glen did okay, few crucial interceptions throughout the match.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #71 on: June 16, 2012, 05:26 AM »

The comms didn't seem to be very complimentary about the match as a whole, but I thought it was quite enjoyable........both teams played well. Thought the goal by Carroll was amazing! The height he had to jump! When they played it back in slowmo, he seemed to be up there forever. Reminded me of Rudolph Nuyreyev! I thought our goalie was very brave too, the number of times he ran out and took the ball from the players feet.....risking a kick in the face! I believe a goalie got killed by a kick in the head........many years ago! Think his name may have been Thompson or Thomson. Not sure. Bet some of you guys would know though! Anyway.....Well done England!
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #72 on: June 16, 2012, 05:49 AM »

Roy's a fool if Theo doesn't start from now. You can't play on the break with Milner on the wing FFS. Come to think of it, Young has been pretty ordinary in both games so far too.

Front 4 against Ukraine surely has to be:
--------------Welbeck
Young------Rooney-------Theo

Parker has been fairly woeful for me although he's not supposed to be fully fit. I do wonder whether we might be better with Milner in the middle instead. A defensive midfield role seems to suit him more than out wide.
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #73 on: June 16, 2012, 08:08 AM »

Thought Glen did okay, few crucial interceptions throughout the match.

I didn't like it, to be honest. He was overrun a few times. He's just too slow and he playd Melberg on side on the first goal, when everybody is rushing out he stayed way too deep.
Doubt he can handle a half decent winger on his own, without the help of the right winger and therefor Milner needs to play that as a result has the decrease of the attacking abilities of the side.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #74 on: June 16, 2012, 11:02 AM »

I don't understand the idea that Walcott can't provide any protection. I've obviously watched virtually every game he's played for years and this season that tracking back and defensive work rate was something that really improved leaps and bounds. And let's face it, there's not many players who are going to burn past him are there?

Milner is basically a defensive midfielder who is stuck out on the wing because we have a dodgy right back. I am warming to the idea of having him in Parker's position instead.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »