Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Euro 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Reply
Author

Euro 2012

(Read 2886 times)
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #90 on: June 19, 2012, 11:26 PM »

Have to be happy with that. Don't think many would have picked us to win the group. Certainly not me, I didn't think we'd go through.

Don't think we'd stand a chance against Spain. But against Italy I don't see why we can't win. Especially if we start with a bit of pace. They're a defensive side and are relatively slow. Would not make sense to leave Walcott on the bench against Italy. Against Spain I could certainly have seen an argument for sticking with the defensive and clinging on for penalties. But against Italy there's no reason why we shouldn't try to take the initiative and beat them.

Glad we got lucky with their "goal" not being allowed. Same happened to us in the World Cup and everyone told us there's no video technology so tough, mistakes are part of the game. Guess these things even themselves out over the long run. Although I'm still not entirely sure this one was fully over the line anyway from the few replays they had in the game and the fact it didn't hit the ground which makes it even harder to see for sure.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #91 on: June 20, 2012, 01:51 AM »

Nothing spectacular, but a win is a win. The next oponent is Italy, should be tight.

I sincerely hope not - reputation at stake here.  All Whites (Kiwi's) drew with them at the world cup - I'd never live it down lol
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #92 on: June 20, 2012, 01:53 AM »

Have to be happy with that. Don't think many would have picked us to win the group. Certainly not me, I didn't think we'd go through.

Don't think we'd stand a chance against Spain. But against Italy I don't see why we can't win. Especially if we start with a bit of pace. They're a defensive side and are relatively slow. Would not make sense to leave Walcott on the bench against Italy. Against Spain I could certainly have seen an argument for sticking with the defensive and clinging on for penalties. But against Italy there's no reason why we shouldn't try to take the initiative and beat them.

Glad we got lucky with their "goal" not being allowed. Same happened to us in the World Cup and everyone told us there's no video technology so tough, mistakes are part of the game. Guess these things even themselves out over the long run. Although I'm still not entirely sure this one was fully over the line anyway from the few replays they had in the game and the fact it didn't hit the ground which makes it even harder to see for sure.

Have taped the match to watch later, so will have to have a look.  I must admit that a linesman missed a ball going over the line for a corner in the England match at the weekend and he was right next to it blink
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #93 on: June 20, 2012, 04:43 AM »

I sincerely hope not - reputation at stake here.  All Whites (Kiwi's) drew with them at the world cup - I'd never live it down lol

They also lost to New Caledonia last week. lol
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #94 on: June 20, 2012, 06:41 AM »

Italy has quite improved. Thry have suprised me a bit, thought they gonna strugle more, primarily against Spain, who are not playing well in my opinions. Spain has the possesion, but strugles to capitalize on it. They seem nnot able to create goal scoring oportunitis, which makes them not so harmful to a good defensive team. Their match against France, ain't going to be a piece of cake.

As for the goal, I thought the ball was over but the linesman did'n call a obvious offside in the build up for that "situation", so no reason to talk about it so much.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #95 on: June 20, 2012, 10:46 AM »

They also lost to New Caledonia last week. lol

But you know as well as I do, they have selective memories. lol
IP Logged
tomthoms
Murraymaniac

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #96 on: June 20, 2012, 03:49 PM »

^^ The one's I have asked said that they can't remember ever having selective memories?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #97 on: June 21, 2012, 01:26 AM »

lol
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #98 on: June 24, 2012, 09:35 PM »

Extra time. Italy have dominated possession, but with Walcott, Young and Rooney on the pitch, England always will be dangerous on the counter.

Pirlo and Marchisio have been excellent.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #99 on: June 24, 2012, 09:44 PM »

Had 30 quid on a draw at 2/1. yay
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #100 on: June 24, 2012, 09:58 PM »

I have watched Rangers play this way in Europe. England are stunningly negative, hard to fathom why they are sitting SO deep.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #101 on: June 24, 2012, 10:00 PM »

Yep but one set piece or corner, as long as its nil nil, you have a chance.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #102 on: June 24, 2012, 10:01 PM »

Good shout on the draw btw.

This looks like it's going to penalties.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #103 on: June 24, 2012, 10:03 PM »

Love the drama of penalties
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Euro 2012 « Reply #104 on: June 24, 2012, 10:10 PM »

Who do you want to win then, Robbie? Very Happy