Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Fantasy FIFA World Cup 2010 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Fantasy FIFA World Cup 2010  (Read 495 times)
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Fantasy FIFA World Cup 2010 « on: May 21, 2010, 03:35 AM »

Right guys, now the World Cup is fast approaching, as defending champion of the MW Fantasy World Cup 2006 League, I have taken the liberty of setting up the 2010 league.

Many of you know the drill. Go here: http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/
Login or sign up if you don't have a FIFA login, then go to join league and ask me for the code and I shall send you a PM.

For those who have not played a fantasy game before but want to, it's faily simple. You pick a squad of 23 players involved in the World Cup - you can't start picking until 4th June, 1 week before the tournament, when official squads are finalised so there's a bit of time to think about it. 3 keepers, 7 defenders, 8 midfielders and 5 forwards. And basically you get points on how they perform - goals, saves, tackles etc - and lose points for things like yellow and red cards and own goals etc.

Rules on how many players from one country you can have change each round. So 2 for the first round, then 4 for the 2nd, 6 for the QF, and 8 for the SF and onwards. Each player is given a value between 1 and 10 and the value of your squad cannot exceed 150 - so this means you have to make some shrewd picks from the weaker teams to prevent you picking all the Spain and Brazil players for instance. Your budget increases each round of the tournament, as the lower valued players are likely to be eliminated earlier. Player values will change throughout the tournament.

You can make unlimited transfers in that week prior to the tournament (as there will no doubt be injuries in friendlies and training) but once it begins you get just 1 free between each round of group matches but unlimited between the group stage and 2nd round (as you will like have a number of players eliminated), then 4 between each round after that. You can make additional transfers at the cost of 3 points each.

Each round of matches you pick your captain who will earn double points. A full break down of the point scoring is on the website but for a few examples, you get 5 points for a goal scored by one of your players, 6 for a clean sheet from your keeper (so it's generally a good idea to get an expensive keeper from one of the big teams), -3 for a red card and -1 for a yellow card.

That's the basic idea, but rules are in full on the website.

Please let me know if you want in and I'll give you the code for joining the league. Smile

Will also setup a prediction league after I hunt around and find a good looking one. The one we did last time doesn't seem to exist anymore.
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 May 21, 2010, 03:40 AM ] IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Fantasy FIFA World Cup 2010 « Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 02:45 AM »

Anyone?
IP Logged
quiz

Re: Fantasy FIFA World Cup 2010 « Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 10:39 AM »

*tumbleweed*...............................
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Fantasy FIFA World Cup 2010 « Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 11:43 AM »

Have lost interest in all this fantasy stuff, sorry Alex!
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Fantasy FIFA World Cup 2010 « Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 12:03 PM »

No worries. How about the score prediction game?
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Fantasy FIFA World Cup 2010 « Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 12:25 PM »

I'll be betting quite heavily on the world cup, so I'll tell you what, I'll open up a WC thread with some of my tips!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »