Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Favourite sporting moment of 2006? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Favourite sporting moment of 2006?

(Read 2542 times)
Ganou
Veteran

Re: Favourite sporting moment of 2006? « Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 07:43 PM »

My fave sporting moment was Rafa winning RG  cmon yeah wub and also the WC final because it was Zizou's last match Smile
IP Logged
Tommy
World No 1

woo hoo

Re: Favourite sporting moment of 2006? « Reply #16 on: January 05, 2007, 12:46 AM »

I was going for France in the final...
IP Logged
Ganou
Veteran

Re: Favourite sporting moment of 2006? « Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 01:53 AM »

cmon yeah ... though I felt really bad after what Zizou did Frown
IP Logged
AL1874
Top Seed

What was I drinking last night?

Re: Favourite sporting moment of 2006? « Reply #18 on: January 05, 2007, 02:26 AM »

1990 when David Sole lead Scotland to a grand slam victory at Murrayfield, from the moment Scotland walked onto the pitch that day there was never any doubt we would win, all the sweeter for doing it against the Auld Enemy.

I attended the game with my two brothers and the memories of that day will live with me forever.

* David Sole.jpg (14.93 KB, 214x250 - viewed 169 times.)
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Favourite sporting moment of 2006? « Reply #19 on: January 05, 2007, 11:30 AM »

And that's your favourite sporting moment of 2006...ok!

Agree with many on here, Andy wins, highlights are San Jose, Wimbledon against Roddick, US angainst Gonzalez and of course Cincinatti against Federer.

Scotland beating France 1-0 was pretty special.

And the Scotland success at the Commonwealth games winning more medals than the Aussies in the pool was also pretty cool.
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Favourite sporting moment of 2006? « Reply #20 on: January 05, 2007, 12:40 PM »

1990 when David Sole lead Scotland to a grand slam victory at Murrayfield, from the moment Scotland walked onto the pitch that day there was never any doubt we would win, all the sweeter for doing it against the Auld Enemy.

I attended the game with my two brothers and the memories of that day will live with me forever.

I was there too!
I was only 7, but My mum worked for the Royal Bank of Scotland and they were the teams sponsor, so we got tickets to a few games!   There was a famous painting made of the players running off the pitch, and the English clapping. My mum was given one, but it was stolen.
IP Logged
AL1874
Top Seed

Re: Favourite sporting moment of 2006? « Reply #21 on: January 05, 2007, 01:05 PM »

And that's your favourite sporting moment of 2006...ok!

Sorry miss-read the thread Embarassed

Greenock Morton beating Peterhead 4-0 away from home Whistle
[ Last edit by AL1874 January 05, 2007, 01:05 PM ] IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Favourite sporting moment of 2006? « Reply #22 on: January 05, 2007, 01:06 PM »

Oi, you shut it boy!
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Favourite sporting moment of 2006? « Reply #23 on: January 05, 2007, 01:09 PM »

Incidentaly Lorna...

5-2! TO THE ROVERS! 5-2! TO THE ROVERS! 5-2! TO THE ROVERS! 5-2! TO THE ROVERS!!! xxx
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Favourite sporting moment of 2006? « Reply #24 on: January 05, 2007, 03:28 PM »

We really were absolutely crap that day. In fact, we've been ridiculously rubbish of late. 9 goals in 2 matches against us isn't really something to be proud of. Doesn't help that our old manager took our goalie with him when he left.
IP Logged
AL1874
Top Seed

Re: Favourite sporting moment of 2006? « Reply #25 on: January 05, 2007, 03:41 PM »

We really were absolutely crap that day. In fact, we've been ridiculously rubbish of late. 9 goals in 2 matches against us isn't really something to be proud of. Doesn't help that our old manager took our goalie with him when he left.

Your Goalie Mathers signed for the 'ton and while we are at it thanks for Bobby Linn  w00t

It’s God punishing you for putting us out of the play offs last year. :p
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Favourite sporting moment of 2006? « Reply #26 on: January 05, 2007, 04:55 PM »

You're probably right. There's a lot of politics up here that's getting in the way of the football and it's not good for the team. We need to buckle down, forget politics and play football. Get guarenteed a spot in the 2nd division next season and then start trying to sort all the problems we've been having since Stuart and Mathers left. But then what do I know, I'm just a girl!
IP Logged
rochelle
Top Seed

Andy and Jamie

Re: Favourite sporting moment of 2006? « Reply #27 on: January 09, 2007, 09:50 PM »

funniest sport moment of 2006

in the winter olympics where it was the snowboard race ... the american girl was winning al the way , miles in front and at the last jumo, grabed her board to show off, fell over and lost her gold medal hahahahaha

its really worth a watch

IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Favourite sporting moment of 2006? « Reply #28 on: January 10, 2007, 09:51 AM »

funniest sport moment of 2006

in the winter olympics where it was the snowboard race ... the american girl was winning al the way , miles in front and at the last jumo, grabed her board to show off, fell over and lost her gold medal hahahahaha

its really worth a watch

Wasn't that a "What happens next"  question on Question of Sport?  It was funny anyway!
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Favourite sporting moment of 2006? « Reply #29 on: January 10, 2007, 09:56 AM »

I think it was shown on the Sports Personality Program. Grandmother always records it and sends a tape to us, watched it last week.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »