Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Football Manager 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Football Manager  (Read 1415 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Football Manager « on: October 02, 2008, 12:34 PM »

Any other guys/gals play this? Very Happy

I've been playing the series from 2000 (when it was known as Champ Manager and Rangers had an awesome team)

IMO, it's the most addictive game of all time, have tried to convert Julia to playing it, but to no avail.  Whistle

Think I'll start a new file right now, my Rangers one has mysteriously vanished from my HD.  Crying or Very sad
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Football Manager « Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 12:57 PM »

Oh god yes. I first played Champ Manager 93 round at a friends house on his amiga. I think the first one I bought was CM2 on the pc and since then I've waited for each release as if it was christmas.

And I'am officially a Football Manager guy since the split.  Havent really played it that much in the last 18 months, been so busy and once you get started its hard to do anything else. I might start a new game too.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Football Manager « Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 01:06 PM »

Probably won't surprise you to know I play. Although only got into it recently with FM07 the first version I played. Only been able to play it on and off due to Uni work though. I suspect there might be some mass playing in November after exams. lol
Played a game as Arsenal on FM08 and after 4 seasons without a trophy (alas, quite realistic) I was not kept on so recently started a new game and this time won the CL in my first season. Was challenging for the league until it all fell apart in the last 5 games or so (again, quite realistic). Not got off to a good start in the 2nd season in the league but the CL is going well. Just had an insane game against Fenerbace where I was 6-1 up in 40 minutes!
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Football Manager « Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 01:09 PM »

The only thing I'm starting to dislike about it now is that some teams are missing due to licensing. I think Holland werent in it one year, and Germany!
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Football Manager « Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 01:09 PM »

My best file with the recent games was probably taking Rangers to 4 consecutive leagues, a CL quarter final, and a UEFA Cup semi final, and a couple of league and Scottish cups. Smile

My best file overall (back in the 2001-02 version) was taking Rushden from the Conference to the first divison, albeit it took 9 seasons. lmao
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Football Manager « Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 01:17 PM »

The only thing I'm starting to dislike about it now is that some teams are missing due to licensing. I think Holland werent in it one year, and Germany!

For FM08, go to the folder where the game is stored. Go into the 'data' folder, then 'db' then '800' then 'Inc' and then delete all the files in there. A bunch a files that give fake names for Germany and stuff for some reason. Getting rid of them should fix it.
So something like C:/Program Files/ FM08/data/db/800/Inc.  
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Football Manager « Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 01:53 PM »

I've got a patch that does that. Its just dissapointing that it comes like that. I once had a patch that had all the players pics and club badges for loads of leagues. Even edited myself into the game as a regen player.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Football Manager « Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 02:49 PM »

Started a file with Hearts, sold Calum Eliot to Wolves for over £1 million, went out and bought Richard Wright for the exact same price (offered him top wages and bonuses though which might hurt me later on) but I needed a good solid keeper. Smile Also got Danny Gabbidon on a season long loan, and got Kieran McKenna from Tottenham and Alan Lowing from Rangers for 80k and 275k respectively. It's hard to attract players to the SPL if you're not the Old Firm, I've launched a cheeky bid for Carlos Vela, no chance it will materalise. Very Happy

Played my first competitive match, Edinburgh derby no less, pulled through 3-1 in the end.  yay

* FM2008.JPG (108.51 KB, 1202x924 - viewed 262 times.)
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Football Manager « Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 06:40 PM »

IMO, it's the most addictive game of all time, have tried to convert Julia to playing it, but to no avail.  Whistle

I didn't even get a go! The only time I've seen you play the game is when I came into your room, slapped your laptop lid down without saving the game and demanded something Whistle
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Football Manager « Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 09:52 PM »

The only football manager game I've ever had and played was Total Club Manager 2005. lol
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: Football Manager « Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 01:28 PM »

Awww I love champ man. Me and my brother used to play it all the time.  Crying or Very sad Did anyone used to play subuteo?
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Football Manager « Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 01:37 PM »

The only football manager game I've ever had and played was Total Club Manager 2005. lol

Oh god, was that the one with O'Neill on the front? lmao

Seriously, get FM2008, it's fantastic - just try and wane yourself off it when it's exam time. Very Happy

Re my Hearts file, here's the table so far, still to play the Old Firm though. nervous

* FMtable.JPG (105.79 KB, 1025x769 - viewed 266 times.)
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Football Manager « Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 07:24 PM »

Oh god, was that the one with O'Neill on the front? lmao
It was the one with Mourinho on the front. The year before it changed to FIFA Manager.  
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Football Manager « Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 05:09 PM »

I downloaded the demo for this, got only £1 million to spend with Rangers, will get the full game at Chrimbo. Smile

Anyone got the new version yet?
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Football Manager « Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 05:29 PM »

Yep, downloaded it on relesae day, but havent found the time to install it yet. Played the demo, though. Not overly keen on the 3d match engine. Liked the press interviews.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »