Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Football Manager 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

Football Manager

(Read 1590 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Football Manager « Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 05:33 PM »

It's a new feature, it will improve over time methinks.

Hate the fact that Fergie is injured from the offset, *******. lmao
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Football Manager « Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 09:54 PM »

Downloaded it a couple of weeks ago although getting a PS3 has restricted my time playing it!
Started my first game a few days ago but I'm still only at the end of pre-season. For some reason Fabregas starts injured for 2-3 months which was not the case in reality. Pretty annoying as I'm probably going to have to start Ramsey first. Got about 38 million to spend with Arsenal which is about right, except that I've actually been spending it on the positions it needed to be spent on!

Got Gareth Barry for 12 million plus instalments (I can't remember how much, maybe 10 million over 24 months or something) plus Silvestre (he's worth bugger all and I didn't want him anywhere near my squad!). So he should prove a major player for me. Just signed Akinfeev for a similar price (no player exchange). So that's central midfield and goalkeeper sorted unlike in reality. Still trying to get a central defender but that's been more difficult. Always used to get Micah Richards on FM 2008 but with the situation at Man City now, they won't accept any money for any of their players!
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Re: Football Manager « Reply #17 on: December 01, 2008, 11:57 PM »

I've just qualified for the CL with Wycombe on the 05 version for the PSP. Smile
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Football Manager « Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 12:42 AM »

Got a nightmare draw in the CL qualifying round - Dynamo Kiev! Had a 0-0 draw at home which means I need to win the away leg or I won't be in the CL. Started the league with a 1-0 win over Blackburn then a 3-2 away win over Chelsea. cmon yeah
I was 3-0 up then they scored in the 88th minute, then again 1 minute into the 4 minutes injury time so thought for sure I'd end up not winning but managed to hold on for the last 3 minutes.
IP Logged
allyh84
ATP Level

Britain's number 3

Re: Football Manager « Reply #19 on: October 12, 2009, 09:05 PM »

I was playing the 07 version a while back and was pretty ****...

Started with Hartlepool in League Two

Finished 22nd in first season haah
Finished 5th in second season, strikers on fire, somehow made it through to play-off final but lost 1st leg 3-2 away, won 3-1 at home! Very tense! Went in 1-1 at ht in the final, had a player sent off straight away and lost 5-1, my team completely capitulated in the second half!
Got sacked in third season languishing at the bottom end of the table haha

I then had spells at Yeovil, Darlington and Newcastle, all ******* awful

Finished 13th with Gateshead in Conference North
Finished 11th with Gateshead in Conference North
Finished 6th with Gateshead in Conference North

Third season was a joke, I was about 4-5 points off of plays-offs for most of the season. I then went on an 11 game unbeaten streak and found myself second about 10 pts off of top. I then however didn't win any of my last 7 and missed play-offs on goal difference, despite starting the day in play-offs.

Summary: Heart attack, but so addictive Frown
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »