Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Football Talk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 549 [550] 551 552 553 ... 573 Go Down Reply
Author

Football Talk

(Read 176135 times)
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8235 on: March 04, 2012, 03:51 PM »

I like Villas-Boas. I think he's one of the most talented young coaches in the world, but I think he lost the dressing room, and some of the results recently have been very poor.

Where will he go next? I've a horrible feeling his career at the highest level may now be ruined, although this couldn't have happened to a more deserving club.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8236 on: March 04, 2012, 03:54 PM »

He'll have suitors all over Europe. What he achieved with Porto was absolutely incredible.

Chelsea was a good job for him, but at a bad time - the nucleus of that team are either 30 or over 30. They needed to give AVB time to overhaul the playing squad.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8237 on: March 05, 2012, 10:05 AM »

Why on earth was this headline news on Sky news UK Sunday evening? confused
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8238 on: March 05, 2012, 10:49 PM »

The Chelsea job is the best job in management IMO. Get paid an obscene amount for max 1 years work, then get paid even more to sod off. Possibly the best job in the world actually.

To be honest, I don't know why Abramovich doesn't just manage the team himself. Or better yet, make John Terry player manager. lol
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8239 on: March 05, 2012, 11:39 PM »

With the England job coming a close 2nd? Whistle
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8240 on: March 06, 2012, 12:10 AM »

Not really because they tend to come out of that with their reputations and dignity completely destroyed. They come out of the Chelsea job as the hard done by victim with reputation still intact.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8241 on: March 06, 2012, 11:13 PM »

I don't think that Fabio will have sucumbed to this, though who would want to work at Chelsea?  No long term job prospects there though you will come off finicially sound. Think

Chosen one coming back do we think?
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8242 on: March 08, 2012, 12:05 AM »

Could well be.

When you are a Chelsea manager, you know that the expected length of your reign is 12 months. Would you start buying and selling lots of players players and building your own new team if that was your expected tenure? Or would you add finishing touches to the experienced and talented core you already have? Of course you wouldn't want to make massive changes. No point building your own side when you won't be around to bear the fruit of it. As each season passes, those core players (the likes of Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Cech, Essien) become older and regress and pick up more injuries. Hence each new manager fails to achieve the owner's objectives.

No long term thinker, such as the likes of Wenger or Guardiola would even consider taking the job. Instant gratification managers like Mourinho or Hiddink would be the best bet, or some other lower tier manager who has no other top tier options.

In any case, there could be a real manager merry-go-round in the summer. If we miss out on 4th Wenger may leave, Mourinho will likely leave Real Madrid and Inter may want a new manager too given their terrible season. That would be Villas-Boas, Wenger, Mourinho, Benitez, Ranieri all available.

Joachim Low is rumoured to be high on Chelsea's wish list while Harry Redknapp will likely leave Spurs at the end of the season for the England job.

That could then be France, Germany, possibly still England, Chelsea, possibly Arsenal, Real Madrid, Inter, Spurs, all looking for managers, plus generally another few national teams following the Euros.

Gossip mongers will have a field day! lol
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8243 on: March 08, 2012, 06:23 AM »

Anyone watch Barcelona match? It was pure magic Smile Of course they have got "the best player in the world" on their team.
I'd forgotten how football can be played clap
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8244 on: March 08, 2012, 01:29 PM »

I watched it BBH.   One of the comms said at one point it was sumptuous football and it  was. Messi was wonderful but he has amazing players round him - I just love Iniesta.    There was a programme about Messi immediately afterwards and the footage of him playing football age 4 was unbelievable!!!.    An incredible talent and a really nice guy - showing that talent, incredible achievement and humility can reside in one person.

IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8245 on: March 08, 2012, 04:57 PM »

Iluvandy, I just loved the way he undercelebrated Smile As you say he seems such a modest man. I agree about the team too. Their passing was incredible. They seemed to know who was there to pass the ball to, without even looking. The ball looked as if it was on a string. Amazing!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8246 on: March 08, 2012, 11:52 PM »

Could well be.

When you are a Chelsea manager, you know that the expected length of your reign is 12 months. Would you start buying and selling lots of players players and building your own new team if that was your expected tenure? Or would you add finishing touches to the experienced and talented core you already have? Of course you wouldn't want to make massive changes. No point building your own side when you won't be around to bear the fruit of it. As each season passes, those core players (the likes of Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Cech, Essien) become older and regress and pick up more injuries. Hence each new manager fails to achieve the owner's objectives.

No long term thinker, such as the likes of Wenger or Guardiola would even consider taking the job. Instant gratification managers like Mourinho or Hiddink would be the best bet, or some other lower tier manager who has no other top tier options.

In any case, there could be a real manager merry-go-round in the summer. If we miss out on 4th Wenger may leave, Mourinho will likely leave Real Madrid and Inter may want a new manager too given their terrible season. That would be Villas-Boas, Wenger, Mourinho, Benitez, Ranieri all available.

Joachim Low is rumoured to be high on Chelsea's wish list while Harry Redknapp will likely leave Spurs at the end of the season for the England job.

That could then be France, Germany, possibly still England, Chelsea, possibly Arsenal, Real Madrid, Inter, Spurs, all looking for managers, plus generally another few national teams following the Euros.

Gossip mongers will have a field day! lol

fainting  Oh the possibilities.

IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8247 on: March 18, 2012, 04:47 PM »

Gareth Bale should whip his shirt off for more post-match interviews.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8248 on: March 18, 2012, 06:50 PM »

Gareth Bale should whip his shirt off for more post-match interviews.

He's a bit simian-like in his face, you seem to have a thing for celebrity primates.

Terrific footballer, hope he does the business midweek, BALE! BALE!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8249 on: April 12, 2012, 02:32 AM »

Any Championship/League 2 fans on here? Whistle
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 549 [550] 551 552 553 ... 573 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »