Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Football Talk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 552 [553] 554 555 556 ... 573 Go Down Reply
Author

Football Talk

(Read 175794 times)
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8280 on: April 16, 2012, 09:27 AM »

Have,nt other banners caught your attention over the years or is it selective memory?
As for my post being "disgusting".... you just don't get it, do you.

"Over the Years" Well I am only 23 so I don't really happen to have great experience in the glorious history of banners. Whistle

IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8281 on: April 16, 2012, 10:21 AM »

Your goal was offside. You benefited from poor decision making also.

There should totaly be a after match video evidence and cheaters should be fined for dives.
I hate to watch Barcelona for example just because of their constant diving.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8282 on: April 16, 2012, 10:59 AM »

Hooper's goal was offside and should have been disallowed and I admit Hearts fought very well but having been involved with the game in Scotland I know personally how inept and arrogant Scottish refs are.

If you have not dealt with them you will not know the level of sheer crap that goes on.

I live in Scotland and have followed the game for nearly a decade - the referees are no more incompetent than those in Europe or the English Premiership. Given the extreme situation that exists in Scotland, I think the referees do okay.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8283 on: April 16, 2012, 11:28 AM »

I live in Scotland and have followed the game for nearly a decade - the referees are no more incompetent than those in Europe or the English Premiership. Given the extreme situation that exists in Scotland, I think the referees do okay.

I have been a youth player( Under 19's) and been involved in Falkirk's youth coaching set-up when was back home and have despaired at some of the decisions given.

I will say again if you have not been involved in a personal basis with some of them you will not really understand.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8284 on: April 16, 2012, 11:51 AM »

I have been a youth player( Under 19's) and been involved in Falkirk's youth coaching set-up when was back home and have despaired at some of the decisions given.

I will say again if you have not been involved in a personal basis with some of them you will not really understand.

I don't see how any of your criticism applies to Scottish referees in particular. I'd like to see you back up your assertions on why Scottish referees are specifically bad. All leagues see bad decision making by officials, they are human beings at the end of the day.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8285 on: April 16, 2012, 12:09 PM »

1) Well you try to talk to them at the end of the game and they will not speak to you just tell you to go away.

2) They lie... many times I have seen them give wrong decisions against youth teams just because  they don't know then proceed to tell you it was for something completely different.

3) They are arrogant and show players or coaches no respect( one
 actually called one of our young players "spotty|" as some sort of joke.

4) At Ravenscraig one began to berate me in a bounce game for spitting next to him as he said that he didn't know where I had been.

They are not corrupt just a shower of #### with overinflated ego's and sense of importance.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8286 on: April 16, 2012, 12:29 PM »

Again, can't see why that is specific to Scottish referees. I was hoping for evidence from the SPL rather than anecdotal evidence.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8287 on: April 16, 2012, 12:51 PM »

Well what's specific to Scottish referees is their attitude towards the game. You say you want evidence from the SPL but it all starts at grassroots level thats how they get to the SPL.

If you are just a fan then there's no point trying to explain to you.

Once you have been on the wrong end of a wrong decision when you have played your heart out and and when you go to talk to the ref he just laughs you will understand how I feel.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8288 on: April 16, 2012, 02:27 PM »

Well what's specific to Scottish referees is their attitude towards the game. You say you want evidence from the SPL but it all starts at grassroots level thats how they get to the SPL.

If you are just a fan then there's no point trying to explain to you.

Once you have been on the wrong end of a wrong decision when you have played your heart out and and when you go to talk to the ref he just laughs you will understand how I feel.

I've played football with referees too. My point still stands - Scottish referees are no worse than any other league in Europe.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8289 on: April 16, 2012, 02:38 PM »

That's your opinion and your point does not stand as if you have not been involved in a professional level in Scotland how are you going to have a creditable argument?

You just see them on the park whilst coaches and players jobs rest on their decisions.

I knew one or two Refs who hated the and conduct of some of the other Refs. In the whisteblower game it's not how good you are it's who you know.

And by the way if you can give me some of your experience of Scottish Refs apart from just watching them I would like to know.

[ Last edit by craighateslife April 16, 2012, 02:46 PM ] IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8290 on: April 16, 2012, 03:36 PM »

What about the scottish referee Charlie Richmond, who recently resigned from the game due to the tight knit, all pals aspect that apparently is the norm in the Scottish Referees setup?  I know personally, a couple of ex SFA referees and their integrity was non existent.  Btw I think the Specsavers should drop the sponsorship of the SFA referees - its not doing the company any favours!
[ Last edit by Iris April 16, 2012, 03:41 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8291 on: April 16, 2012, 03:47 PM »

I don't think anyone is defending the Scottish referees. Panda is just saying it's the same everywhere.

Now I can't comment on foreign leagues or even Scotland itself (but I will definitely take your word on it) but the standard of refereeing in the Championship is horrendous. Too many referees seem to take our history into account when awarding any decision and I've seen some terrible decisions in neutral games as well (and going in our favour). Harsh or leniant, there's just no consistency from any referee. We had a penalty not given when a player blocked the ball hitting his face with his arm, then had a free-kick given against us for the exact same thing in the same game.

Even the supposed top refs are unbelievable incompetent (take yesterday's controversy, with Atkinson, supposedly one of the best refs in the country, giving a goal in a major semi-final when the ball was clearly nowhere near the line and no-one in the ground appealed for it). Then you have the series of incidents Man United have had in their favour in the last few weeks (some so blatant you wonder if the ref is genuinely incompetent or there is some bias involved) and the likes of Tevez getting booked for diving when he was clearly fouled.

I used to have a season ticket for the local side when they were in League 1 and that was even worse. The refs just didn't have a clue. One player, for instance, got sent off in a derby match after a player on the ground (after being tackled) yanked him over and both teams got into a little tussle. He did literally nothing wrong.

So I definitely believe you that the standard in the SPL is just as bad. But I can't imagine it being particularly worse than the English divisions.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8292 on: April 16, 2012, 05:11 PM »

you know I've always loved football (and of course the tennis)  but cheaters always spoil the game  and of course the stupid inconsistant Ref mistakes.  In football there is always going to be lots of controversy.  Its frustating and annoying.  We need to find a way to control and fix it.  Inconsistant Refs are not wanted at football games.  O f course there going to make mistakes  but when they do it constantly  its so annoying!   In tennis however there are some controversy but not to the scale of football.  thanks to Hawk eye Smile   tennis players do cheat as well though  (I can name many incidents)
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8293 on: April 16, 2012, 08:53 PM »

That's your opinion and your point does not stand as if you have not been involved in a professional level in Scotland how are you going to have a creditable argument?

You just see them on the park whilst coaches and players jobs rest on their decisions.

I knew one or two Refs who hated the and conduct of some of the other Refs. In the whisteblower game it's not how good you are it's who you know.

And by the way if you can give me some of your experience of Scottish Refs apart from just watching them I would like to know.

You're the one making the outlandish claim that they are comparably worse than other leagues. That's what you were implying. And you cannot back it up.

Until video technology is introduced, it's one of the most difficult jobs in sport.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8294 on: April 16, 2012, 08:56 PM »

I don't think anyone is defending the Scottish referees. Panda is just saying it's the same everywhere.

Now I can't comment on foreign leagues or even Scotland itself (but I will definitely take your word on it) but the standard of refereeing in the Championship is horrendous. Too many referees seem to take our history into account when awarding any decision and I've seen some terrible decisions in neutral games as well (and going in our favour). Harsh or leniant, there's just no consistency from any referee. We had a penalty not given when a player blocked the ball hitting his face with his arm, then had a free-kick given against us for the exact same thing in the same game.

Even the supposed top refs are unbelievable incompetent (take yesterday's controversy, with Atkinson, supposedly one of the best refs in the country, giving a goal in a major semi-final when the ball was clearly nowhere near the line and no-one in the ground appealed for it). Then you have the series of incidents Man United have had in their favour in the last few weeks (some so blatant you wonder if the ref is genuinely incompetent or there is some bias involved) and the likes of Tevez getting booked for diving when he was clearly fouled.

I used to have a season ticket for the local side when they were in League 1 and that was even worse. The refs just didn't have a clue. One player, for instance, got sent off in a derby match after a player on the ground (after being tackled) yanked him over and both teams got into a little tussle. He did literally nothing wrong.

So I definitely believe you that the standard in the SPL is just as bad. But I can't imagine it being particularly worse than the English divisions.

Exactly, standards are almost universal. Two horrendous decisions (the Tevez booking and Mata's 'goal') in the richest league and the most prestigious football association trophy in the world.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 552 [553] 554 555 556 ... 573 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »