Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Football Talk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 553 [554] 555 556 557 ... 572 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Football Talk  (Read 171527 times)
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8295 on: April 16, 2012, 09:11 PM »

You're the one making the outlandish claim that they are comparably worse than other leagues. That's what you were implying. And you cannot back it up.

Until video technology is introduced, it's one of the most difficult jobs in sport.

I am not comparing them to other leagues in Europe as I do not have any experience with them.

I am only talking about Scottish Referee's I don't care about anywhere else. Just because they might be just as bad in Europe doesn't mean it's acceptable.

And again give me your experience dealing with Refs in a professional capacity or are you just talking about your view as an armchair supporter?.

PS Who are you to tell me I am making an outlandish claim!!!. I never said they were any worse than anywhere else check my posts as I have only commented on my dealings with them.

[ Last edit by craighateslife April 16, 2012, 09:16 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8296 on: April 16, 2012, 10:08 PM »

Chill.

From what I can see you're arguing over a bit of confusion - you both agree on the incompetency issue.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8297 on: April 18, 2012, 10:43 AM »

I see Neil Lennons, hearing with the S.F.A. ha been put back a couple of weeks because he,s trying to dig up a lawyer.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8298 on: April 18, 2012, 03:40 PM »

Good articl3e in today's The Herald, it brings it into perspective! http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/constants-amid-the-clamour.17340992
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8299 on: April 18, 2012, 09:54 PM »

I give up on football doh, once again a team who decide to sit 11 men behind the ball for 89 minutes go up the park and score winning 1-0.

I am fed up watching teams play this terrible brand of football ranting ranting ranting ranting.

Roman Abramovich has spent hundreds of millions on his football team but they can only resort to long ball football.

I am in despair here, the beautiful game I love is being destroyed.

[ Last edit by craighateslife April 18, 2012, 09:58 PM ] IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8300 on: April 18, 2012, 09:57 PM »

Totally agree... Barcelona going through... no probs.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8301 on: April 18, 2012, 10:43 PM »

Chelsea played the correct way against Barcelona. Had they opened up, they would have lost by a few goals.

Arsenal are one of the few teams who can play in their normal fashion against Barcelona. Hope they meet in the competition next year again.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8302 on: April 18, 2012, 10:56 PM »

Chelsea played the correct way against Barcelona. Had they opened up, they would have lost by a few goals.

Arsenal are one of the few teams who can play in their normal fashion against Barcelona. Hope they meet in the competition next year again.
Maybe? but this Catenaccio way of playing needs to die.

Five years ago 4-1-4-1 replaced it but since Mourinho had success with Inter it has came back into the game.

What impressed me today was the width Barca kept even though there was no space, although they had no wingers to exploit it. Iniesta out on the left kept coming back inside looking for a threaded ball through which left me pulling my hair out.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8303 on: April 18, 2012, 10:59 PM »

Iniesta isn't a winger though, he'll naturally want to play in the centre. Barcelona will take the 1-0, obviously they would have loved the away goal. Barcelona should win by 2 or 3 over at the Camp Nou.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8304 on: April 18, 2012, 11:06 PM »

Iniesta isn't a winger though, he'll naturally want to play in the centre. Barcelona will take the 1-0, obviously they would have loved the away goal. Barcelona should win by 2 or 3 over at the Camp Nou.

If Chelsea are as disciplined as tonight I worry. I know the pitch is bigger at the Camp Nou which will allow for more space but I can see Drogba somehow nicking a goal then them shutting up shop.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8305 on: April 18, 2012, 11:10 PM »

I have to coach and tell kids that by control and passing in triangles you will win but in reality I am beginning to question my beliefs.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8306 on: April 18, 2012, 11:21 PM »

I give up on football doh, once again a team who decide to sit 11 men behind the ball for 89 minutes go up the park and score winning 1-0.

I am fed up watching teams play this terrible brand of football ranting ranting ranting ranting.

Roman Abramovich has spent hundreds of millions on his football team but they can only resort to long ball football.

I am in despair here, the beautiful game I love is being destroyed.

Really? Would you rather everyone come out and play open, attacking football and Barcelona win 6-0 every game?

Chelsea played the right way today in order to get the result. And I'd much rather watch a very close match (still with lots of chances) than a one-sided drubbing.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8307 on: April 18, 2012, 11:34 PM »

Really? Would you rather everyone come out and play open, attacking football and Barcelona win 6-0 every game?

Chelsea played the right way today in order to get the result. And I'd much rather watch a very close match (still with lots of chances) than a one-sided drubbing.

If you watch La Liga this year many teams have taken points of Barca without resorting to Catenaccio.

Would you really want to watch another 90 minutes of Barca passing side to side looking for an opening while Chelsea set up on their 18 yard line.

I am not having a go at Chelsea any more than than anyone else just that I get frustrated watching good players like Juan Mata being rendered useless. I can understand if their was a huge gap in spending power between the 2 clubs but there is not.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8308 on: April 18, 2012, 11:38 PM »

If Chelsea are as disciplined as tonight I worry. I know the pitch is bigger at the Camp Nou which will allow for more space but I can see Drogba somehow nicking a goal then them shutting up shop.

Chelsea were disciplined tonight and Barca still created three golden chances. Sanchez hit the bar, Fabregas schlaffed wide from the edge of the six yard box, and Busquets also missed a good chance in the box. If they take those sort of chances at home, they'll win.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8309 on: April 18, 2012, 11:40 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I love Barca's style of football as much as the next man. But you can't have a go at teams for playing a more defensive style in order to get a result.

There is no "right" way to play the game. I get a bit annoyed at people (not aiming this at you) who have a go at anyone who dare try and stop Barcelona playing their pretty football as if they have no god given right to try and Barca should win purely because they play their little triangles.

And personally I would, if the alternative is Chelsea coming out much more open, being 3-0 down by HT and the tie being rendered useless. I like to see a contest, however scrappy it may be, rather than one team just dominating. Each to their own, obviously, but you can't knock teams for doing what they believe best to get the result. If they do it week in, week out then fair enough.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 553 [554] 555 556 557 ... 572 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »