Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Football Talk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 560 [561] 562 563 564 ... 573 Go Down Reply
Author

Football Talk

(Read 176234 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8400 on: September 21, 2012, 07:54 AM »

That really is a stadium name Whistle

I read that it was a great match - should it have been that hard?
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8401 on: September 21, 2012, 08:09 AM »

There is nothing right about Liverpool playing with the Young Boys at the Wankdorf.

Anyway fairly happy with how Arsenal are looking so far this season. Still can't believe we got Cazorla. He is absolutely out of this world. He is the player who signs for Real Madrid or one of the Manchester Clubs for 30+ million, not 12 million to Arsenal. Doesn't make sense that Real paid 30 million for Modric instead. After 5 games I still can't work out whether he is left or right footed. He has to be the most naturally two footed player I've seen. Alan Davies summed it up perfectly on his Arsenal podcast this morning - it's very rare that a player signs and after a couple of weeks is already in your top 10 all time Arsenal players but Cazorla has pretty much done that.

Arteta is the one though. Absolutely love him. What a truly wonderful player. He's very unlucky to have been in the same generation as all those other Spanish midfielders. If he was English there is no doubt he would have pretty close to 100 caps now. Still cannot believe Ferguson didn't pay big money for him years ago when he usually does so with top performing players from clubs of that sort of level in the Premiership (ie, Rooney, Berbatov, Valencia, Carrick, Smalling, Jones and even going as far back as Ferdinand, Yorke and Cole). We're in massive trouble if he gets injured.

Podolski has already become a vital player too. I thought at the time he was a pretty dream signing. I know it didn't quite work out last time he went to a big club but there is absolutely no way a guy with 100 caps for Germany and over 40 goals was going to fail.

Anyway glad that Wenger has finally started signing established and proven players. Most of the recent signings like Cazorla, Podolski, Arteta, Mertesacker - these guys are in their peak years and Arsenal is their big move. This is not a stepping stone to Barcelona or Manchester for them like it always was for the likes of Fabregas, Nasri or Hleb. It's nice to be reliant on 3 or 4 players instead of 1 for once! It's the first Arsenal team I can remember for years that doesn't seem to have a single prima donna or unlikeable git. Apart from Bendtner I suppose but he's not really been with the squad for a couple of years now.

IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8402 on: September 21, 2012, 08:11 AM »

I hope Cazorla has a good season, as I've decided he's going to be a fixture of my fantasy team.

But yes, wonderful player - can play all across the midfield and looks comfortable. I think you got him so cheap due to Malaga's financial woes. I think their owner has stopped investing at the levels he was previously.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8403 on: September 21, 2012, 08:12 AM »

Indeed that's why he was cheap, but it does not make sense that noone else went for him. He's got Real Madrid written all over him yet they paid 30 million for someone who has never played in La Liga before.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8404 on: September 21, 2012, 09:59 AM »

I hope Cazorla has a good season, as I've decided he's going to be a fixture of my fantasy team.

But yes, wonderful player - can play all across the midfield and looks comfortable. I think you got him so cheap due to Malaga's financial woes. I think their owner has stopped investing at the levels he was previously.
Apparently they've stopped paying the bills. Basically they've just lost interest in them and decided to focus all their money on PSG instead.

This represents all the problems and dangers with big money owners who only use the club as a little toy.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8405 on: October 01, 2012, 06:15 PM »

Beating Arsenal and remaining first in the league. What a great weekend for us.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8406 on: October 02, 2012, 08:35 PM »

O-M-G.     TOP OF THE GROUP.  SOMEONE PINCH ME.  PLEASE. 1ST AWAY IN CHAMPS LEAGUE SINCE 1801

IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8407 on: October 02, 2012, 08:37 PM »

O-M-G.     TOP OF THE GROUP.  SOMEONE PINCH ME.  PLEASE. 1ST AWAY IN CHAMPS LEAGUE SINCE 1801

Would a punch suffice Johnnie boy.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8408 on: October 02, 2012, 08:47 PM »

Knockout Stages here we go!!!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8409 on: October 02, 2012, 08:57 PM »

Would a punch suffice Johnnie boy.

say whit?

Knockout Stages here we go!!!

YASSSSSSS.
IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8410 on: October 02, 2012, 09:13 PM »

^ erm.  no.    listen here I don't do the whole  prejudice / Rangers thing tbh.   idgaf about the Sevconians and their destiny to win the Ramsdems cup . Scottish football can survive without them.

All I know is Celtic are back in the big time and they are one foot in the champs league GS.  HELL YEAH.   You have no idea what this means to me.  Its been so long.

But I do, and it feels marvellous.  What a great match and another step forward for this young Celtic team under their young and talented manager.   Hooooorrrraayyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!
 cmon yeah yay
IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8411 on: October 02, 2012, 09:15 PM »

What a performance in Moscow.  Return home safely guys, and get ready for Barcelona!!!!
IP Logged
tomthoms
Murraymaniac

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8412 on: October 03, 2012, 12:39 AM »

Samaras is a long-time unsung -- game winning -- hero!
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8413 on: October 07, 2012, 11:00 PM »

Anyone watched El Classico? Both Messi and Ronaldo scored two goals each which ended in a result of draw 2-2. I dont usually watch spanish league,but when I do I watch this match.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Football Talk « Reply #8414 on: October 14, 2012, 09:20 AM »

Anyone watched El Classico? Both Messi and Ronaldo scored two goals each which ended in a result of draw 2-2. I dont usually watch spanish league,but when I do I watch this match.

The match was osm..equally good they were..I am a fan of Messi. You??
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 560 [561] 562 563 564 ... 573 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »