Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Formula 1 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 ... 108 Go Down Reply
Author

Formula 1

(Read 48831 times)
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1230 on: June 11, 2012, 12:10 AM »

Force India need to have a look at themselves. All to often Di Resta gets shafted by poor strategy.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1231 on: June 11, 2012, 08:25 AM »

Get in. Very Happy

Cracking race, loved that. And Alonso and Vettel didn't even make the podium. Great result, just a shame about Jenson.
Ditto  Very Happy     Only one thing to add...........WOOOHOOOOOO!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1232 on: June 11, 2012, 08:27 AM »

That puts Lewis 3 points ahead in the championship!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1233 on: June 11, 2012, 08:28 AM »

Force India need to have a look at themselves. All to often Di Resta gets shafted by poor strategy.
Agree with that too!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1234 on: June 11, 2012, 04:16 PM »

How many races has Di Resta completed consecutively now? He's on for some sort of record I think.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1235 on: June 11, 2012, 04:43 PM »

Uh huh; and when did races completed have any bearing on team or driver success? They don't dish points out for getting across the line. Strategy and reliability are two entirely different things.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1236 on: June 11, 2012, 04:53 PM »

Er, they don't, I was just commenting on his great consistency. Think you've mistrued my point as a jibe at yourself or compliment to FI - it was merely a compliment on Di Resta who can do so much better than FI.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1237 on: June 11, 2012, 05:01 PM »

Sorry buddy! Im just a grumpy old git Wink
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1238 on: June 11, 2012, 05:10 PM »

Haha, no worries. Yes I agree, FI are letting him down a bit lately, he's clearly a very talented driver. His consistency is just something that is quite incredible when you think how easy it is to just clip another driver, or a barrier or lose control of the car. The consistency is there, the results will come when the car/strategy improves or he moves elsewhere.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1239 on: June 11, 2012, 05:15 PM »

Great win for Lewis on my fave track.Smile
Jenson didn't have a hope. I watched the practice session and qualie, and his car had so many problems from the get-go. .. but I'll always savour that final corner last year.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1240 on: June 11, 2012, 05:18 PM »

Great win for Lewis on my fave track.Smile
Jenson didn't have a hope. I watched the practice session and qualie, and his car had so many problems from the get-go. .. but I'll always savour that final corner last year.
Yes......me too Scot!  Very Happy  I hope they get his problems ironed out in time for the next race!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1241 on: June 24, 2012, 02:40 PM »

It wouldn't be a Grand Prix without a McLaren pit f**k-up now would it.

Yet again. Unbelievable. Don't know whether to laugh or cry now.

Even though I'm obviously happy that it happened, I am a little gutted for Vettel. So harsh, to go from 25 points to none for some bizarre car failure.

Di Resta 6th with 5 laps to go, come on Paul.

Button having another mare.

As soon as I post this Di Resta drops to 8th behind Scumacher and Webber. doh Nothing he could do, he's on a one-stop and his tyres are gone. Just desperately holding out now.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1242 on: June 24, 2012, 02:48 PM »

Maldonado is a ******* disgrace. Get out of the ******* sport you absolute ******** ******.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1243 on: June 25, 2012, 12:55 PM »

^You don't like him then, eh?.. Very Happy
Well, that all got a bit interesting after the safety car was deployed. Gutted for Lewis. Jenson's car is a donkey.
Thrilled for Kimmi, and Schumi after investigation gets to keep his podium spot.
This is what Martin Whitmarsh says about the Lewis/Maldonado incident:
http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/7840609/McLaren-Pit-stop-not-biggest-issue

Asked by Sky Sports F1 if Hamilton might have thrown away the position by putting up a fight, Whitmarsh said: "Well as you say, he's a racer and he's going to race. Maldonado the same.

"I suspect they'll both rue what happened and they both were penalised by it. It's of course frustrating for everyone involved when that sort of thing happens but if you're in that sort of situation and you're fighting hard these things happen."
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1244 on: June 25, 2012, 02:17 PM »

Hamilton was fighting fair, Maldonado was not. He was off the bleeding track and the shunted back onto it right where Hamilton's car was, taking him out of the race and dealing him a huge blow to the Championship. And knowing Maldonado's spite/jealousy of Hamilton I wouldn't be at all suprised if it was deliberate. Of course, it wouldn't be the first time he's deliberate crashed into Hamilton (or any driver for that matter), now would it.

Dirty driver, no respect at all for the other drivers. Michael Schumacher MKII, only not as good as he'd like to think he is.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 ... 108 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »