Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Formula 1 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 ... 106 Go Down Reply
Author

Formula 1

(Read 48208 times)
gemf
Satellite Level

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1305 on: September 06, 2012, 11:56 PM »

yes I know but d'ambrosio is taking romains seat this weekend as hes the reserve driver from what hes saying hes gonna drive like hes gonna nick his place... ha
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1306 on: September 09, 2012, 03:05 PM »

Great win for Lewis.

Huge shame about Jenson, could have been a 1-2, although given Perez' pace at the end probably a 1-3.

First time in 38 races that a Red Bull hasn't scored.

Another great drive from Alonso though. Lewis now up to 2nd in the Championship but 37 points behind. I can't see anyone making up the deficit.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1307 on: September 09, 2012, 03:33 PM »

Lewis:  yay
Jenson: 

Perez:  shocking.. and how about that insane pass on Alonso! Had to hold my breath.

Vettel: boo-hoo, suck it. Very Happy
IP Logged
gemf
Satellite Level

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1308 on: September 09, 2012, 04:14 PM »

what a pity for the red bulls, perez had a stonking drive, jenson and lewis not my favourite, but still pity jenson had to retire, lewis drove well though.  Im  really annoyed that team orders are allowed though, massa should have been on that 3rd podium spot.  we all know what happened there!
IP Logged
gemf
Satellite Level

f1 shortening of races « Reply #1309 on: September 09, 2012, 05:25 PM »

Di montezemolo is now appealing to FIA to shorten races to appeal to younger fans, is he for real?.  Races need a bit longer in my opinion! as an avid fan of the sport for 23 years, ive never heard such rubbish!  Its lately become a circus of money instead of the hard core racing it should be.  With the one move rule, and one thing after another im sure if F1 keeps it up they will lose fans not gain!  Take me back to the 90's please......................
IP Logged
gemf
Satellite Level

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1310 on: September 09, 2012, 07:30 PM »

zanardi winning 2 gold medals.... it gives me chills.  well done and respect for the dedication you have given as a sportsman
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1311 on: September 10, 2012, 03:10 AM »

Hey gemf:
Thanks for mentioning Zanardi. tbh I didn't know much about him, so googled him and was hoping to be inspired by his gold medal wins, but I ended up feeling really sad for him.
Hope he finds another outlet for his passionate competitiveness after Olymps, and hope it has something to do with fast cars.. he clearly misses his racing days.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/48954060/ns/sports-olympic_sports/

While the party roared on in another room, he reflected on what it all would mean come Monday, when the games were over.

"You know, when you are in your 20s, you always believe that the race, that the championship is the only thing that matters," he said. "But then 20 years later, you say `Ooohhh, I remember when I was there with my mechanics, with my engineer, talking about the car, going out for a pizza, going to the team and (fixing) my seat and (spending) time with them.
."
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1312 on: September 23, 2012, 01:58 PM »

Has anyone ever had such a **** run of luck in this sport than Lewis has had this season?

Messed up pit stops when leading, mechanical failures when leading, crashed out by other drivers, a puncture.

He's had more poles than anyone else this season and yet hasn't been at fault once for all the ones that haven't been converted. This should be World Championship #2, instead he could finish as low as 5th. Just so frustrating.
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1313 on: September 23, 2012, 04:13 PM »

That was cartainly bad for Lewis today MH. Was it ever confirmed that it was an issue from yesterday like the comms were saying?

This is the first race I've watched almost right through (from lap 14) this year and I enjoyed it a lot. Enjoyed seeing a night race on a street circuit. Quite a different atmosphere! Plenty of drama though Schumacher's collision with the young driver could have been so much worse!  Pleased that Jenson got 2nd place.

Don't know what to make of the on the podium interviews (only 2nd time I've seen them). Is it like tennis now where they do the post match interviews and then have a more traditional press conference later?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1314 on: September 24, 2012, 05:03 PM »

I always think the McLarens' look even more magnificent under the gleam of the night lights of Singapore.

Ach.. Lewis. Too bad, mate.

Happy for Jenson, but that stunt Vettel pulled at the restart scared me. Could have unded up Schumacheresque, but Jenson had his wits about him.

Schumie gets 10 place penalty at next race.

Eddie Jordan hamming it up on the podium.. love it. Very Happy
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1315 on: September 24, 2012, 05:42 PM »

What did Schumacher do? I heard some outrage but haven't heard or seen the incident in question.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1316 on: September 25, 2012, 12:04 AM »

What did Schumacher do? I heard some outrage but haven't heard or seen the incident in question.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19693610
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1317 on: September 25, 2012, 01:29 AM »

Cheers Allan.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1318 on: September 28, 2012, 11:46 AM »

Eddie Jordan believes that Hamilton is on his way to Mercedes!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19489930

If Hamilton does go to Mercedes then hopefully Di Resta goes to McLaren.

So Hamilton does go to Mercedes! And Perez, not Di Resta as we hoped, goes to McLaren.

Big questions now, for me, are does Schumacher stay in F1 and will Ferrari be keeping Massa.  Think
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1319 on: September 28, 2012, 03:32 PM »

Hmm.. interesting but not a shocker about Lewis.
Too bad for Paul, I'd have loved to have seen him in the McLaren.
Can't see Schumie sticking around tbh, unless he goes with Sauber?
Altho Massa's been impressive just lately, his overall season has been meh. He's never been the same since he returned after his accident. Shame, really.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 ... 106 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »