Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Formula 1 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 ... 109 Go Down Reply
Author

Formula 1

(Read 49425 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1380 on: March 25, 2013, 12:06 AM »

Well.. there was an eventful race.

My heart missed a few beats when I saw Alonso losing control of the car. So glad it was in the long straight with run-off gravel, because it could have been so..so much worse, although if he was going to go 'flying' that would have been the exact place with it being on a full-speed straight and less downforce. I thought he'd made a ridiculous decision for not pitting, but have now learned it was a team order.

Terrible stuff from Force India.

McLaren need to get their act together, pronto.

Rosberg made his point by nipping at Lewis's heels, clearly faster and possibly could have had a shot at Webber (which he made a case for) but clearly Lewis is the favourite driver. That must have been a bitter pill for Nico to swallow those team orders.

Vettel/Webber.. Mark followed his orders, Seb followed his ego. I see now he's publicly apologised, and no doubt Mark is grateful Rolling Eyes  Christian Horner's probably happy both cars came home in one piece.

I'm not a fan of team orders. It's not fair on the drivers who want to race, it's not fair on the fans who want to see a race, and when will the beauty of F1 stop being dictated to by tire performance?

PS: Semi-decent finish by Kimi.

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1381 on: March 25, 2013, 12:14 AM »

Hamilton was under-fuelled and had to turn the engine mode almost all the way down, hence why Rosberg was faster.

Wasn't sure if that was clear.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1382 on: March 25, 2013, 12:19 AM »

Hamilton was under-fuelled and had to turn the engine mode almost all the way down, hence why Rosberg was faster.

Wasn't sure if that was clear.
I forgot about that, but none-the-less why did Mercedes keep him stuck behind Lewis? There was always a chance Webber's tires could have fallen off.
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1383 on: March 25, 2013, 08:38 AM »

He wouldn't have caught the Red Bulls, and he had already tried and failed to pass twice. Better to have a 3-4 finish than neither cars finishing.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1384 on: March 25, 2013, 12:06 PM »

I dunno, Boogers. I still think if they'd released Rosberg he could have had a sniff at Webber, and it would have still been a 3-4 finish.

Also, Christian Horner had plenty to say about team orders in 2010. Remember the German GP when Massa was ordered to move over for Alonso?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8855382.stm

Ferrari's actions at Hockenheim have divided opinion in Formula 1 circles, with the Italian team coming in for heavy criticism from the likes of Red Bull chief Christian Horner.
Horner said the furore surrounding the incident was damaging for the sport.
"It's a great shame for Formula 1 that the race was manipulated to give one driver a victory over the other," he told Autosport. "The only losers today are Formula 1."

I'm personally fed up of tires and team orders.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1385 on: March 25, 2013, 05:02 PM »

I forgot about that, but none-the-less why did Mercedes keep him stuck behind Lewis? There was always a chance Webber's tires could have fallen off.
I guess they thought it was unfair on Hamilton to rob him of a podium because of their error, but most likely they see him as #1 driver. After all the effort they went to getting him there, they probably don't want to upset him. Although on the podium he was almost embarrassed to be up there.

Team orders are a bit of a joke.

That comment doesn't contradict Horner though - there's a difference between telling your drivers not to race and actually making the faster one slow down so their favourite driver can win. That race in question was a disgrace to Massa. Although both scenarios clearly denigrate the sport somewhat.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1386 on: April 01, 2013, 09:19 AM »

I too am fed up with tyres and team orders. I also thought the races were more exciting when the cars had to pit for fuel. If they're not careful, they'll end up killing F1 off altogether!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1387 on: April 13, 2013, 02:56 PM »

Ho..hum. Practice is becoming a farce. No-one came out in the 1st section until about 5 mins left to go. Gone are the days when the lower teams would jump out ('to clean the track for the rest of us' says Coulthard). It's all tires, tires, tires.

Poor Mark. Maybe Seb had one of his minions spoon some sugar into his tank.
Horner has spoken to Sky about the animosity between them here: http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12475/8633038/Christian-Horner-says-Sebastian-Vettel-Mark-Webber-rivalry-is-healthy-for-Red-Bull
Load of Bull.

What a drive from Lewis.. first pole for Mercedes since 1955. How he must be laughing at McLaren.
McLaren who??

Brilliant drive from my boy Kimi. Great support for him there too, I see.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1388 on: April 13, 2013, 02:57 PM »

Ho..hum. Practice is becoming a farce. No-one came out in the 1st section until about 5 mins left to go. Gone are the days when the lower teams would jump out ('to clean the track for the rest of us' says Coulthard). It's all tires, tires, tires.

Poor Mark. Maybe Seb had one of his minions spoon some sugar into his tank.
Horner has spoken to Sky about the animosity between them here: http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12475/8633038/Christian-Horner-says-Sebastian-Vettel-Mark-Webber-rivalry-is-healthy-for-Red-Bull
Load of Bull.

What a drive from Lewis.. first pole for Mercedes since 1955. How he must be laughing at McLaren.
McLaren who??

Brilliant drive from my boy Kimi. Great support for him there too, I see.

I see Vettel is putting the blame on Webber about Malaysia. One to ride a high horse he is. Wish Schumacher would come back and kick his German ass.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1389 on: April 13, 2013, 03:21 PM »

A load of Red Bull.

I see Vettel is putting the blame on Webber about Malaysia. One to ride a high horse he is. Wish Schumacher would come back and kick his German ass.
Schumacher was far more of a dick than Vettel.

Great drive from Hamilton, he has a good record here I think. Vettel cocked up in Q3, and Webber is getting screwed over left, right and centre.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1390 on: April 14, 2013, 09:43 AM »

This year is between Alonso, Raikkonen and Vettel. Mercedes just don't have the race pace.

Good podium for Lewis. Disappointing that these days just clinging on to 3rd is seen as a good result.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1391 on: April 15, 2013, 03:35 AM »

This year is between Alonso, Raikkonen and Vettel. Mercedes just don't have the race pace.

Good podium for Lewis. Disappointing that these days just clinging on to 3rd is seen as a good result.

I wouldn't rule out Lewis just yet. I think he's made an impressive debut in his new Mercedes outfit. Too bad for bridesmaid, Nico. He's got as much luck as Mark Webber. Nico is a very good driver, so I hope they sort his car out.

Mark Webber...I'm trying hard not to think of conspiracy theories.. Think

Excellent race for Alonso.. but I wonder what Kimi could have produced had it not been for his shitty set-up for the grid start, and his battered and bruised car which he pushed to the limit.
Kimi is like a shark. Absolutely love his driving style.

Decent finish for Jenson in 5th, considering how crappy McLaren are, with his teammate Perez in 11th.

One more lap and Vettel could have finished on the podium... but he didn't. Very Happy
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1392 on: April 15, 2013, 08:58 AM »

It'll be interesting to see what Paddy Lowe can bring to the table next year!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1393 on: April 20, 2013, 12:25 PM »

Raikkonen whines like a little ****.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1394 on: April 20, 2013, 12:38 PM »

What a lap from Di Resta in Q2. Faster than Hamilton, Raikkonen, Vettel, Webber, Massa and Button.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 ... 109 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »