Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Formula 1 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 ... 108 Go Down Reply
Author

Formula 1

(Read 48659 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1470 on: November 04, 2013, 10:54 PM »

Another boring race!  Rolling Eyes Felt sorry for Kimi and angry that the stewards saw fit not to punish Alonso till after the race! If it had been any other team.........

I saw Kimi drive away from the track less than half an hour after his retirement due to the suspension breakage. Didn't do debrief. He's probably had enough of Lotus, but credit to him for continuing to be a 'racy' driver for them.

Alonso was cleared. I disagree.

Did you notice the partial eclipse of the sun during this race, Caz?

I've been watching all the races.. just not commenting on them here. I must admit I was warmed by the reception Seb received last week when he was officially named World Champ again. Rosberg and Grosjean were classy by lifting him up on the podium.

But then he went and spoiled it all by doing that unnecessary doughnut at then end of the Abu Dhabi race.  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1471 on: November 05, 2013, 09:22 AM »

No.....I didn't see the whole race Linda....just bits and pieces. We only get the highlights of some races and this was one of those and in any case, I already knew the result! I'm sure Yahoo and TalkTalk conspire to spoil it for me every time!  Rolling Eyes As soon as I turn on my PC, the result is right there......in my face!  pullhair Can't miss it! I watched the start and then just kept popping in and out from the kitchen, where I was making up for lost time having a good old blether to my sister who was visiting from Scotland and who I hadn't seen for almost two years!  w00t I saw Kimi go out and thought of you  Frown but I missed the partial eclipse [would have loved to have seen that] and my husband told me about the Alonso incident!  Rolling Eyes I always want Massa to beat him! I didn't know he'd since been cleared, but I'm not that surprised, since Ferrari always gets off with things any other team wouldn't!  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1472 on: December 30, 2013, 05:44 PM »

Terrible, terrible news about Michael Schumacher. Frown Sincerely hope he pulls through. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/31/sports/autoracing/schumacher.html?hpw&rref=sports&_r=0

I can't help but think about Colin McRae. Hubby and I were great fans, and were devastated at the time.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1473 on: December 31, 2013, 08:09 AM »

I hope so too Linda!  pray He's a tough guy and he's holding his own at the moment, but it could go either way! God Bless'im!  Frown
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1474 on: December 31, 2013, 01:04 PM »

Just heard they operated for the second time last night. He's not out of the woods yet, but it looks more hopeful!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1475 on: March 15, 2014, 06:52 AM »

So F1 is back. Red Bull and Lotus' woes (as well as the other cars with a Renault engine) highly documented in testing, but all of them bar Lotus (who qualified dead last) are clearly nowhere near as bad as some believed.

Didn't stop Vettel from going out in Q2. lmao

Kimi crashed and also went out, and Button just missed out, coming 11th.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1476 on: March 15, 2014, 07:03 AM »

Hamilton nabs pole from Ricciardo right at the last. Very Happy

Ricciardo is looking very good.

Rosberg 3rd. Magnussen 4th and Alonso 5th.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1477 on: March 15, 2014, 05:12 PM »

So F1 is back. Red Bull and Lotus' woes (as well as the other cars with a Renault engine) highly documented in testing, but all of them bar Lotus (who qualified dead last) are clearly nowhere near as bad as some believed.

Didn't stop Vettel from going out in Q2. lmao

Kimi crashed and also went out, and Button just missed out, coming 11th.
I saw that!  w00t Would have preferred if Vettel had hit that wall a bit harder though!  Whistle
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1478 on: March 15, 2014, 05:14 PM »

Brilliant for Lewis  cmon yeah ........shame about Kimi though! Linda will be disappointed!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1479 on: March 16, 2014, 12:16 AM »

Brilliant for Lewis  cmon yeah ........shame about Kimi though! Linda will be disappointed!

Kimi..

Hate the sound of the engines with the new technology. I'm old school.. An engine should growl.

Seb in 12th... Let's see how he copes with not being kingpin.

Jensen...  Could this be his last year?

Outstanding drive from Ricciardio, especially in front of home crowd.

Scary drive on inters from Massa, he did well to hang on. Odd seeing him in that car.

Go Lewis. Fantastic steal for pole!

I've been a huge fan of Rozzy for several years, and I hope this will be his  breakout year.

Going to be interesting...
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1480 on: March 16, 2014, 06:34 AM »

Hamilton and Vettel both retired by lap 5 because of car failure.

Sigh.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1481 on: March 16, 2014, 11:54 AM »

Poor Lewis.  Car trouble again.  It cannot have been helped by Rosberg thanking the team for such a good car. After yesterday the car should have been okay but there was hardly any power at the start.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1482 on: March 16, 2014, 04:38 PM »

I don't have sky so had to wait for the highlights a 2pm......having avoided watching the news all morning. Disappointed, but not too worried. I think it was only teething problems with Lewis's car, so I'm looking forward to the next race! Why does it always happen to him though?  Rolling Eyes Sod's law I suppose!  Wink
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1483 on: March 16, 2014, 07:07 PM »

Brill stuff from Rozzy!

Shame for Lewis, but at least we know the car is good as per Rosberg win.

Poor Seb.lol But great win by his team-mate, Ricciardo, although I just found out he was disqualified due to fuel flow incident. Glad he got his moment in the sun in from of home crowd. Shame Mark Webber wasn't able to ever get on the podium there.

Solid drive from Jenson Button, and now he is 3rd.

Outstanding debut in 3rd place from 21 year old Kevin Magnussen. Wow!

Kimi.. Kimi.. Kimi..

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Formula 1 « Reply #1484 on: March 21, 2014, 09:48 PM »

Ayrton Senna would have been 54 today. Still missed... and I remember that awful day only too well. Frown

Also.. 83 days later, Michael Schumacher is still in induced coma, and has lost 25% of his body weight. Frown

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 ... 108 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »