Andy Murray vs Radek Stepanek, Today, Time - 7:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Sports Talk  >  Grand National
Pages: [1] 2 Reply

Grand National

4:15pm this Saturday!  w00t

Anyone having a flutter this year?
[ Last edit by Mark April 07, 2009, 03:52 PM ] IP Logged

Get your bets on now for the best early prices!

hahaha theres a horse called Simon lol  That must be winner lmao

I'm feeling good about L'Ami me thinks Think  33/1 at the moment ....
IP Logged

Hedgehunter again. Purely because he's done it for me before and I'm staying loyal!
IP Logged

I was on Simon last year, but it didn't do too well.
IP Logged

Hes 12/1 this year ... not bad really ...
IP Logged

I was on Simon last year, but it didn't do too well.

you're a jockey?!
IP Logged

I've put my early bets online and I might also go to my old shop tomorrow too see my friends and have a couple of flutters there Very Happy
IP Logged

Hedgehunter will not win again, will be far too heavy a weight this time round. Be very surprised if it comes in - a good place option though, but will almost certainly be short odds. L'Ami is out of it, but again a good placing option.

At the end of the day, any horse COULD win this race. It's after the first lap that you know if a horse will make it or not. It's a lottery before that.
IP Logged

Got No Full in the work sweepstake. Goodbye tenner!
Gonna back Cloudy Lane!
IP Logged

My first official bet, ever!

Cloudy Lane    7.4    £2.00    £12.80
Simon                13.5   £2.00    £25.00
Butlers Cabin    16.5    £4.00    £62.00
Contraband    250    £2.00    £498.10

[ Last edit by Mark April 05, 2008, 03:43 PM ] IP Logged

Mark you suck lol

I only had £6 to bet with, so wasn't worth punting it on a short priced horse. Comply or Die would have been my choice, but I would have wanted at least £20 and my dad already had money on it.

Anyway, I plumped for Mr Pointment, which I think finished the race. Was leading and in contention with 4 to go, but couldn't last the distance and dropped back..... may well have been pulled up with 1 or 2 to go...

Dismissed King John's Castle, very surprised that came second, the other two are no surprises.

L'Ami a faller at the 2nd, and No Full a few later i think. Hedgehunter too heavy as expected.

Decent race this year though, only 14 finishers and a good winner. Well done Timmy Murphy who wins at the 12th attempt.
IP Logged

No winnings Frown
IP Logged

Yep. Mr Pointment was pulled up at the last fence. 15 finishers. Wish I had had more money to stick on the winner! lol
IP Logged

One fatality Frown Mckelvey, last year's runner up......  Crying or Very sad
IP Logged

I had a bet each way on slim pickings and picked up a tenner on the first horse to fall (Black Apalachi) for the work sweepstakes cmon yeah lol

Overall losses as I also bet on Cloudy Lane, Simon and Butler's Cabin (Poor Tony McCoy)
doh lol

Poor McKelvey Crying or Very sad
[ Last edit by rafa April 05, 2008, 05:11 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Reply