MurraysWorld  >  Sports Talk  >  Handball
Pages: [1] 2 Reply

Handball

Sorry to open a new thread but it's because I am so gutted right now Frown Just watch the semifinals Germany v. France (World Championships). Germany won, of course. The referees were Swedish I guess and they were clearly on Germany's side. It's so not cool. I mean, one of the German players (Roggisch) made like A LOT of mistakes and was not punished. French players were punished for things they didn't do and what gets on my nerves the most is what follows: they played two prolongations (2 times 5 minutes and another 2 times 5 minutes). In the 15 last seconds of the 4th prolongation, one of the French players scored a point (he was absolutely not offside) and the point was refused for a reason no one understood. The referees were so not fairplay... That really makes me feel miserable for the French players. They really deserved to win Frown Frown Frown

That was a wonderful match to watch though yes and really, congrats on the German team. They played really well too. The referees should have been a little more neutral imo... but that's sports Smile

The final score was 32-31 btw  cmon yeah
[ Last edit by Ganou February 01, 2007, 07:37 PM ] IP Logged

I don't know anything about handball... lol
IP Logged

I have never played it in my life...know nothing about it. But sorry for Fance.
IP Logged

Instead of kicking the ball with your feet you throw it with your hands and it's played indoors. That's all I know about it.
IP Logged

Yea played it a few times at school. Not really my type of sport but i guess Handball isn't very popular in Britian compared to Europe. Sorry about France, Mo. Frown Not a very good sports week for you eh. hug
IP Logged

I could probably get into handball, but in the States, we care less about handball than about Ping Pong... lol
IP Logged

Awww, thanks guys  hug

Ha ha, I thought it was popular in a lot of countries lol In France, it's quite huge, though they never show it on TV. My brother has been playing handball for about 6 or 7 years and his team is really good! I played it a few times at school (and even got hurt by a guy who threw the ball too hard Rolling Eyes). I really enjoy watching it. Probably even more than footie!!  yay

Well, anyway, I'm still very sad about the match Frown
IP Logged

It's a sport we only hear about every 4 years when the Olympics comes around. I remember watching the finals at the last Olympics not knowing anything about the game, awesome matches. Especially the women's final which if I remember correctly went to a penalty shootout.
Sorry France lost Mo.
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 February 01, 2007, 09:52 PM ] IP Logged

Thanks, Alex Smile

I think handball should be more spoken about yes It really is a very good sport!  yay cmon yeah
IP Logged

When I was in Norway my host played and we spent the whole day Saturday ar a local high school tournament she was involved in. I got quite into it and we ended up watching some international stuff on tv. Hadn't heard of it till then. Enjoyed it although I haven't seen any since.
IP Logged

Great to hear you liked it, Lorna highfive
IP Logged

Handball is cool..!! I play over ten years..!!  :yay:Germany had won but france was not bad..=))
Someone play handball..???
shely
IP Logged

Sure they were good! And I was gutted they lost! Buy your team is a hell of a team too  cmon yeah

Do you play often btw?
IP Logged

i play 2 days a week!!
IP Logged

yay!! my brother plays handball as well and I love going to the matches!!  cmon yeah cmon yeah
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Reply