Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Reply
Author

ICC Cricket World Cup 2007

(Read 8736 times)
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 « Reply #90 on: April 04, 2007, 10:37 PM »

FFS. Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory for a change. No way we should have lost from there.
We're pretty much out now. Have to beat at least 2 of Australia, South Africa and West Indies to stand any chance, and even then we'll probably come 5th on run rate. Sri Lanka, and an already eliminated West Indies were our best chances. The latest thrashing at the hands of Australia in the weekend will finish it.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 « Reply #91 on: April 05, 2007, 10:24 AM »

Pieterson was out for 54 I think played well though.
Must have been typing error.  Think
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 « Reply #92 on: April 05, 2007, 10:44 AM »

1. Wickety Willows  3717
2. AC Gunners        3531
3. Allans_ICC         2830

Trade Period 2 now open
IP Logged
murrays_mint
Seed

MW Prediction & Fantasy League Champion 06/07

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 « Reply #93 on: April 08, 2007, 06:55 PM »

For anyone interested

England all out for 247
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 « Reply #94 on: April 09, 2007, 12:12 PM »

For anyone interested

England all out for 247

And promptly lost by 7 wickets Rolling Eyes

wave Bon Voyage England..................
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 « Reply #95 on: April 09, 2007, 01:04 PM »

No we are still in it actually. If we win our remaining 3 games, we come 4th. Absolutely no chance of it happening of course, but we are not actually out yet thanks to Bangladesh beating South Africa.
No point going over last night's game really. Same old same. 164-2, should have made 300 from there with no trouble, yet surrendered for less than 250 and got thrashed. Always the same and it's getting boring.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 « Reply #96 on: April 11, 2007, 12:44 PM »

No we are still in it actually. If we win our remaining 3 games, we come 4th. Absolutely no chance of it happening of course, but we are not actually out yet thanks to Bangladesh beating South Africa.
No point going over last night's game really. Same old same. 164-2, should have made 300 from there with no trouble, yet surrendered for less than 250 and got thrashed. Always the same and it's getting boring.

I'm surprised that they still have an outside chance but still think that it'll be bon voyage England wave Hope that they prove me wrong though crossfingers
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 « Reply #97 on: April 11, 2007, 01:22 PM »

We just don't have the players to beat any of the 'proper' teams.
We have 3 players who could be considered world class - 1 batsman, 1 fielder, 1 bowler. Obviously Pietersen, Collingwood (I'd argue he fits in there as a batsman too, but perhaps just below 'world class' in the Pietersen or Ponting terms, but certainly the best we've got bar Pietersen), and Flintoff.
You can't win a world cup, or indeed beat any of the top teams with 3 players, and that's what we are seeing in this tournament.

True we did win that CB Finals series against Australia. What baffles me though is that of the 2 guys who won us those finals, pretty much on their own, 1 of them (Plunkett) is sitting in the stands watching, while the guy in the side instead (Mahmood) gets smashed all around the ground for 4 every single ball. Madness.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 « Reply #98 on: April 13, 2007, 12:25 PM »

Gawd, it was awful to watch yesterday - they had only 8 runs to get to win and 10 overs left and I watched in disbelief 3 maiden overs Rolling Eyes  And WTF was Bell doing opening?!

I was surprised to see the Kiwi's lose today as well - got me some points though cmon yeah
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 « Reply #99 on: April 13, 2007, 12:38 PM »

Bell's opening because Joyce and Strauss are, well, crap.

Good to see NZ get stuffed. Should shut them up here for a couple of days. They've been so full of themselves, talking about thrashing everyone and winning the whole thing etc. Don't think they realised that although they'd thrashed everyone so far, those teams were Canada, Kenya, Bangladesh, Ireland, Us, and West Indies, and questions would have been asked had they lost any of those games. First time up against one of the 'proper' teams, who were even without their best player in Malinga, and they still got smashed.
We need NZ to beat South Africa however.

Anyone hear about Marcus Trescothick's comeback the other day? First match back after his mental problems and then a hernia operation. Pre season friendly for Somerset and he smashed 256 of 117 balls! In a one dayer! 19 sixes and 25 fours, helping Somerset to 502-4 off their 50 overs! We could do with some of that against South Africa and West Indies. Get him out there I say! Fake an injury to Joyce or something.
If he can get his head right again, then he's straight back in for me when the next home test series comes around. In place of Strauss. He's our best batsman bar Pietersen. Ed Joyce wouldn't have scored 250 in that game, that's for sure!
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 April 13, 2007, 12:39 PM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 « Reply #100 on: April 14, 2007, 10:53 PM »

Well, Bell was crap also Rolling Eyes

No, I'd not heard about Marcus - what great play that was clap

NZ have done there part of the bargain cmon yeah  England just need to fulfil theirs Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Iain
Futures Level

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 « Reply #101 on: April 14, 2007, 11:32 PM »

NZ are doing really well. I wish Strauss would start batting down the ground, instead of insisting on the cut shot. It's quite a dangerous shot. You need to get Nick Knight back. He's in the Caribbean after all sitting as a pundit. He was England's best one day batsman. DUnno why he never got picked for tests.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 « Reply #102 on: April 15, 2007, 03:51 AM »

What a result NZ beating SA is for us!
I think we can actually go through with 6 points now. We have a superior run rate to South Africa so if we beat them and West Indies don't beat Bangladesh by a gigantic margin, we're through. I think we can even lose to West Indies if we beat SA and go through, providing it's not a horrendous Australia - Ireland style thrashing that completely buggers the run rate.
After we lost to Sri Lanka, everyone here was saying we were out unless we won all of our remaining 4 games. Thanks to South Africa's result, we have a chance to go through having won only 2 of those 4.
In typical fashion we'll probably throw it away getting thrashed by South Africa though.
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 April 15, 2007, 03:54 AM ] IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 « Reply #103 on: April 15, 2007, 04:21 AM »

engalnd to wi nthe world cup... it;s blatently gnnoa happen  cmon yeah Wink
[ Last edit by Banannie April 15, 2007, 04:42 AM ] IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 « Reply #104 on: April 15, 2007, 05:18 AM »

Annie is drunk. It's blatantly obvious lol
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 April 15, 2007, 05:18 AM ] IP Logged